Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    Chase Elliott is pretty much a lock to take over the #24 when Gordon calls it quits. Elliott is only 17, so he has at least a couple years to go. Wallace is a Gibbs guy, so they might be a good candidate to expand to a 4th team. Larson is a Ganassi developmental driver, so they have the option to clear out one of their rides or expand to a 3rd team. Obviously the Dillons will both be in Cup by 2015. Harvick is leaving for Stewart-Haas and Jeff Burton may have two seasons left in him before giving way to Ty. Ryan Blaney has strong ties to Brad Keselowski (he is running full time for his truck team this year), so when his time comes, he could very well find a ride at Penske (I am skeptical Hornish gets another full time ride unless he has a dominant year in Natonwide), in which case the team could expand to a 3rd team if the Logano experiment fails or even a 4th team.
    Just to piggyback off this. Blaney while running with BKR in the truck series is also in the Penske developmental program. Depending on how he does this season I could see him going to the Nationwide series in 2014 and Taking over the #12 from Hornish Jr. who might be on a few cup teams radars if he has another strong season. I see Blaney being in the Nationwide series for 2 years with him running a limited cup schedule in the 2nd year. After that he could either take over the #22 from Joey (if he sucks) or Penske if he can get sponsors could roll out the #12 team again. Simply put for Blaney

2013 - CWTS (BKR) w/ Limited NWS starts (Penske)
    2014 - Full time NWS (Penske) w/ Limited CWTS starts (BKR)
    2015 - Full time NWS (Penske) w/ Limited Cup starts (Penske #12)
    2016 - Full time Cup (Penske #12 or #22)

He'll be 22yrs/23yrs old when he's up with the big boys.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    I think Hornish is getting left out. Blaney looks really good.

Come 2015/2016 we could have multiple 20 something in sprint cup. Elliott and Blaney leading the charge.
    Last edited by DodgerB24; 01-16-2013 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    Out of all the younger guys, whether they are just making their move to the Sprint cup or are still in the lower series, do you think will have the brightest future? Which ones are pretenders?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Out of all the younger guys, whether they are just making their move to the Sprint cup or are still in the lower series, do you think will have the brightest future? Which ones are pretenders?
    Tough to say but I'm big on Ryan Blaney right now. Last year was his first year running the CWTS/NWS and for an 18yr old kid he looked extremely good. With him getting a full time ride with BKR I would not be surprised to see him in the battle for the Championship

CWTS - 9 Races / 1 Win / 2 Top5's / 5 Top10's*
    NWS - 12 Races / 0 Wins / 1 Top5 / 7 Top10's

*nearly 7 Top10's finished as he finished 11th twice[/I]

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    I agree with Blaney. He has looked competitive in every series he has been in.

Truex looks okay, Wallace I need to see more of. Elliott hasn't even raced above ARCA yet but he's had a lot of good stuff said about him.

vCash
    The move to 20-somethings will be better for the sport. Right now the majority of the stars are in their mid 30s average. Exciting new talent will surely pique more interest.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    BTW the only drivers I can't stand are 3/4 of Hendrick Motorsports and it doesn't include Kahne. I find joy in Danica struggling too but I don't hate her, I just hate the way she's covered. She should have to work & be successful for the coverage like any other driver.
    Why do you "hate" them?

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Personally, I'm fairly high on Blaney and Wallace Jr. especially. Larson's a talented kid but he kind of disappointed me at Homestead in the truck race because he drove in over his head and took out a championship contender. Chase is talented and popular which makes him a perfect fit at HMS. Corey Lajoie is also an interesting name. He's won many races in inferior equipment in K&N.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    I think Hornish is getting left out. Blaney looks really good.

Come 2015/2016 we could have multiple 20 something in sprint cup. Elliott and Blaney leading the charge.
    Not if he has a strong NW season this year.. he put that 22 car up front and ran well. Putting him in the cup series right off the bat was the wrong move... both him and Roger realize that now.

vCash
    I agree with Blaney. He has looked competitive in every series he has been in.

Truex looks okay, Wallace I need to see more of. Elliott hasn't even raced above ARCA yet but he's had a lot of good stuff said about him.
    Elliott can't race any higher than arca, he's not 18 yet. He will probably run the whole k&n east schedule and some more arca races this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Not if he has a strong NW season this year.. he put that 22 car up front and ran well. Putting him in the cup series right off the bat was the wrong move... both him and Roger realize that now.
    If Blaney is ready, I don't see Hornish staying. Of course they could always get rid of Logano if he struggles. (If they stay under 4 cars)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Elliott can't race any higher than arca, he's not 18 yet. He will probably run the whole k&n east schedule and some more arca races this year
    Whoops. He does have a little experience in ARCA though.
    Last edited by DodgerB24; 01-16-2013 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    They're dropping the age down to 16 for truck races on tracks 1.1 miles or shorter.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    If Blaney is ready, I don't see Hornish staying. Of course they could always get rid of Logano if he struggles. (If they stay under 4 cars)

Whoops. He does have a little experience in ARCA though.
    I'm saying Hornish will get a gig somewhere if he has a strong NW season. Blaney is still at least 2 years out of the cup series. Hornish could potentially get pulled up in 2014 and who knows? It all depends on sponsorship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    They're dropping the age down to 16 for truck races on tracks 1.1 miles or shorter.
    I did not know that, but thats why he hasnt run anything else to date... i would expect to see him in a few truck series races then, probably the ones on the east coast.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 01-16-2013 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    ****** is a strange fellow lol. He doesn't like teams/drivers that have had success or just to popular with not enough success.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast