Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 340
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Hey! Time for you to find a #17 avatar, yeah?! I'm ready for NASCAR to start now! NOW!!!

    Speculation question:

    If Dale Jr. doesn't do well this coming year, do you think he's
    out of Hendrick? Do you think he's out of NASCAR as a driver,
    as in, he would retire from racing and focus on being an owner?
    Or dy'all think he'll just sit back and keep chipping away at it
    like Kyle Petty did? If he DOES do well, aka better than this
    past year, it's a moot point-- but it seems like he showed
    flashes of old brilliance this year and then... nothing. I just
    wonder how long it can go on before he himself and/or
    Hendrick have had enough.
    Yeah, I'm gonna work on that soon...and so am I!

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    9,299
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Yeah, he did. And it was a relief to see. 'Will be interesting to see
    if it can be replicated and built on. I guess I've been pretty shocked
    by the bad years. It seemed like when he went to Hendrick, it would
    just be... really more like what Jimmie has done. It was so nice
    to see DJR win in Michigan. 'Made me realize just how dang long
    it had been. No doubt it would be good for the sport if he
    starts winning again. I always just kind of wonder in horror
    though, "But what if he never does?" We shall see...

    Nope, not leavin' the Commonwealth in February. 'You goin'?
    Yea, I'll be there


    Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Yea, I'll be there
    You dog.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    13,835
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Hey! Time for you to find a #17 avatar, yeah?! I'm ready for NASCAR to start now! NOW!!!

    Speculation question:

    If Dale Jr. doesn't do well this coming year, do you think he's
    out of Hendrick? Do you think he's out of NASCAR as a driver,
    as in, he would retire from racing and focus on being an owner?
    Or dy'all think he'll just sit back and keep chipping away at it
    like Kyle Petty did? If he DOES do well, aka better than this
    past year, it's a moot point-- but it seems like he showed
    flashes of old brilliance this year and then... nothing. I just
    wonder how long it can go on before he himself and/or
    Hendrick have had enough.
    No he wont be out of hendrick... He could be the worst driver on the circut and still be with Hendrick because he brings in more $$$ than Jimmy or Gordon ever could.

    No he wont leave Nascar because then he would be leaving millions of dollers on table evey year and be leaving as a failure...

    Well he's far better than Kyle petty ever was and before the COT came along he was one of the best drivers out there.

    He made the chase convincely so I dont see what you mean by how long can it go on? If you mean championship then IDK because everyone always expected Dale Jr. to be his father and he's not so he gets bashed by all the haters when he fails (not fair)

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  5. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    He made the chase convincely so I dont see what you mean by how long can it go on? If you mean championship then IDK because everyone always expected Dale Jr. to be his father and he's not so he gets bashed by all the haters when he fails (not fair)
    What I mean by "how long can it go on" is that he made the Chase, yeah, but "making the Chase" is far from what anyone ever thought was gonna happen with him at Hendrick. A few years of just "making the Chase" isn't gonna go over very well. Especially if he "makes the Chase" like he did this year, where he dropped like a millstone.

    And to make things more complex, next year is another car type again. How well will he adjust?

    Last year it seemed like he was enjoying racing again. But you can't tell me in the years leading up to last year, anyone would have been surprised if he had said, "Screw this, I'm leaving racing to start my own team." He didn't seem to be enjoying anything at all about it, not even the money. In interviews he complained about being isolated by his fame, and he seemed like one of the most unhappy people in the world; refusing to do anything to improve his fitness levels, etc.

    I'm not a hater. I've just been watching. Yeah, he had a decent year.
    But "a decent year" ain't gonna go "on and on" indefinitely. I don't think he himself will settle for an ongoing mediocrity. He'll either find a way to become excellent, or find another way to be involved with racing, IMO.

    All that said, I'd love nothing more than to see him win a Championship, and to see him win it right over the top of Kyle Busch. Kyle can win it the year after that.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,735
    vCash
    1500
    If Jr finished 25 in points yearly, even with the money he brings in, I don't think Hendrick would keep him.

    Honestly if he can make the chase and win a race here and there he'll be driving for Hendrick until he can't climb into the car.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Speaking of Earnhardts. Does anyone know if Jeff is gonna do MMA *and* racing, or if he's made a decision on that? He's still listed as a driver on the RWR website, but when was the last time he actually ran? His wiki page (for what that's worth,) says he's gonna be racing for the Go Green N'wide #08 in '13, but the Go Green website doesn't list him in their stable at all. Then again, their site is still running news about the "upcoming" Homestead race in Nov. 2012.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    13,835
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    What I mean by "how long can it go on" is that he made the Chase, yeah, but "making the Chase" is far from what anyone ever thought was gonna happen with him at Hendrick. A few years of just "making the Chase" isn't gonna go over very well. Especially if he "makes the Chase" like he did this year, where he dropped like a millstone.

    And to make things more complex, next year is another car type again. How well will he adjust?

    Last year it seemed like he was enjoying racing again. But you can't tell me in the years leading up to last year, anyone would have been surprised if he had said, "Screw this, I'm leaving racing to start my own team." He didn't seem to be enjoying anything at all about it, not even the money. In interviews he complained about being isolated by his fame, and he seemed like one of the most unhappy people in the world; refusing to do anything to improve his fitness levels, etc.

    I'm not a hater. I've just been watching. Yeah, he had a decent year.
    But "a decent year" ain't gonna go "on and on" indefinitely. I don't think he himself will settle for an ongoing mediocrity. He'll either find a way to become excellent, or find another way to be involved with racing, IMO.

    All that said, I'd love nothing more than to see him win a Championship, and to see him win it right over the top of Kyle Busch. Kyle can win it the year after that.

    that's the problem, people expect to much from him because his father was one of if not the best ever to drive a race car. It's kind of like the Yankees if they don't win a championship they are failures

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  9. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    that's the problem, people expect to much from him because his father was one of if not the best ever to drive a race car. It's kind of like the Yankees if they don't win a championship they are failures
    Honestly, I disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with being like the Yankees because of his father. I think he earned the expectation all on his own, by past performance. I think it's the same for any young driver who comes out swinging, and then fizzles.

    I think a lot of "Junior Nation" follow him because they were fans of The Man In Black and just decided to be Junior fans when Sr died, but I think NASCAR fans have seen enough 3rd and 4th generation racing families, they may have supported him because of his father, but that's different than expecting him to be as good or better than his father. In fact, I've met very FEW Junior fans who have expressed such a sentiment.

    It may also be that Junior was smack dab in the middle of one of the greatest hype machines ever, and while it has made him a very wealthy man, it must also have been crushing.

    Also, I hate the Yankees, so any comparison between a NASCAR driver and them probably isn't going to fly with me.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    20,984
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    What I mean by "how long can it go on" is that he made the Chase, yeah, but "making the Chase" is far from what anyone ever thought was gonna happen with him at Hendrick. A few years of just "making the Chase" isn't gonna go over very well. Especially if he "makes the Chase" like he did this year, where he dropped like a millstone.

    And to make things more complex, next year is another car type again. How well will he adjust?

    Last year it seemed like he was enjoying racing again. But you can't tell me in the years leading up to last year, anyone would have been surprised if he had said, "Screw this, I'm leaving racing to start my own team." He didn't seem to be enjoying anything at all about it, not even the money. In interviews he complained about being isolated by his fame, and he seemed like one of the most unhappy people in the world; refusing to do anything to improve his fitness levels, etc.

    I'm not a hater. I've just been watching. Yeah, he had a decent year.
    But "a decent year" ain't gonna go "on and on" indefinitely. I don't think he himself will settle for an ongoing mediocrity. He'll either find a way to become excellent, or find another way to be involved with racing, IMO.

    All that said, I'd love nothing more than to see him win a Championship, and to see him win it right over the top of Kyle Busch. Kyle can win it the year after that.
    If i have to wait for Jr to win a championship before Kyle then i might just have to stop watching Nascar



  11. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    If i have to wait for Jr to win a championship before Kyle then i might just have to stop watching Nascar
    I'm sorry man, that really wasn't very nice of me to wish on you Kyle fans. I apologize.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    13,835
    vCash
    1500
    We could see big to small changes in drivers and how good they are now with this new car... It happened with the COT and it can happen with this one.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500
    T-minus 3 days until Daytona testing!

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,023
    vCash
    1500
    Getting real excited!!!
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

    Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

    Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    NCRF5... man, we almost got detention for passing NASCAR notes in Raiders class! *PHEW!*

    This has felt like one of the longest off-seasons EVER, and I have no idea why.
    I'm just so excited to see how all the changes effect the upcoming season.
    REALLY looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out!!!

    LET'D DO DIS THANG!!!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •