Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    Is swimming pools your fav song on Kendrick Lamar's cd?
    One of them. I like most of his songs. The other ones i like are "The Recipe" and "Money Trees"

There you go thumper

vCash
    The Recipe FTW! I agree I love Money Trees and The Art of Peer Pressure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    One of them. I like most of his songs. The other ones i like are "The Recipe" and "Money Trees"
    Cheese, this is totally off topic but since we've veered off topic and it's off season, hopefully ya'll won't mind.

But how did you become a Packers and Gators fan along with Suns and Dbacks? I always find it kind of fascinating how people become fans of teams located in such diverse places!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Cheese, this is totally off topic but since we've veered off topic and it's off season, hopefully ya'll won't mind.

But how did you become a Packers and Gators fan along with Suns and Dbacks? I always find it kind of fascinating how people become fans of teams located in such diverse places!
    lol well I started liking the Packers when i was 8 years old. My family is from Chicago and i remember them always hating the packers so i used to root for the packers every time they played the Bears lol. Then as i got into football more and more i just stuck with them. I remember the game against the Bengals when Favre had to come in when Majkowski got hurt and he led them to a come from behind victory. After that i was hooked.

I started liking the Gators cause i had family from there and i went to a few Gator games as a kid and always had a lot of fun. I also root for the Arizona Wildcats in football and basketball.

The Diamondbacks and Suns are because i live in Arizona and i've been to a lot of their games. Its is also the reason i root for the Arizona wildcats as i previously stated. A lot of people want to call me a bandwagon fan but i am 28 years old now so i have been liking all these teams for 20+ years lol.

There you go thumper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    The Recipe FTW! I agree I love Money Trees and The Art of Peer Pressure
    Yeah that's a good one too.

There you go thumper

vCash

I'm the same way.

The Yankees because my father is from ny so I've always watched them growing up

The Mavs because when sir Charles retired I stoped watching basketball and when he was telecasting a game he said he really likes Dirk so I went with that and got back into the sport.

The devils because when I was young (5th grade or so) I really liked their symbol so I just grew up following them.

Seahawks because I live near Seattle and I don't really have a fav football team.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash

I for one am glad Toyota is in Nascar. Funny thing is that everyone that hate Toyota says that they hate them cause they're a foreign car...WRONG! More Toyotas are built here then most manufacturers lol.

I, for one, can't wait until we get Honda or VW to jump in. Both have been rumored for a long time but need the right opportunity to come along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    I, for one, can't wait until we get Honda or VW to jump in. Both have been rumored for a long time but need the right opportunity to come along.
    lol yeah that would be weird to see. Not really sure if there is enough room for both of them to come in or if there are any teams that would move to Honda or VW

There you go thumper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I'm the same way.

The Yankees because my father is from ny so I've always watched them growing up

The Mavs because when sir Charles retired I stoped watching basketball and when he was telecasting a game he said he really likes Dirk so I went with that and got back into the sport.

The devils because when I was young (5th grade or so) I really liked their symbol so I just grew up following them.

Seahawks because I live near Seattle and I don't really have a fav football team.
    I think that's part of what's cool about television now, is that, even tho' it does kind of cost an arm and a leg, a person CAN follow teams from all over the country, and never miss a game. I think too, nowadays families move a lot more because of job transfers than they used to, or if you're from a military family, you can move so much that you end up liking teams from places you've lived even tho' you don't live there any more.

Have you ever gotten to go to a Rangers, Yankees, or Mavs game?
    I always thought going to a Seahawks game would be great fun-- their fans really get that stadium rockin' and rollin' at times.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    lol yeah that would be weird to see. Not really sure if there is enough room for both of them to come in or if there are any teams that would move to Honda or VW
    I dunno, I think that'd be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
    If Honda, VW etc. come in, I'll just be a fan of whoever's racing at my local short track, and that'll be enough for me. I would never go pay NASCAR ticket prices to watch a field with Vdubs and Hondas in it. If I was into that stuff I'd watch and support rally and F1, which I do not. I've had people say to me before, "You're just afraid they'll win." No, it's not even that. I just don't want to look at 'em. Don't wanna have to hear about 'em, deal with 'em, see 'em, none of it. I have always liked NASCAR because of its southern roots and its redneck aesthetic. If that changes, I'll just go watch local tractor pulls, dirt track, etc. I'd be sad about NASCAR becoming that "international", but I'm also aware that NASCAR itself would love nothing more than to be a truly international sport, so we shall see!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    I dunno, I think that'd be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
    If Honda, VW etc. come in, I'll just be a fan of whoever's racing at my local short track, and that'll be enough for me. I would never go pay NASCAR ticket prices to watch a field with Vdubs and Hondas in it. If I was into that stuff I'd watch and support rally and F1, which I do not. I've had people say to me before, "You're just afraid they'll win." No, it's not even that. I just don't want to look at 'em. Don't wanna have to hear about 'em, deal with 'em, see 'em, none of it. I have always liked NASCAR because of its southern roots and its redneck aesthetic. If that changes, I'll just go watch local tractor pulls, dirt track, etc. I'd be sad about NASCAR becoming that "international", but I'm also aware that NASCAR itself would love nothing more than to be a truly international sport, so we shall see!
    There is always the NHRA! Another personal fav of mine

There you go thumper

vCash
    Well it's gotta be perfect timing for them. Like Gibbs was for Toyota in cup.

Ya know, Hendrick has a few Honda franchises...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    Well it's gotta be perfect timing for them. Like Gibbs was for Toyota in cup.

Ya know, Hendrick has a few Honda franchises...
    Lol you really think Hendrick would leave Chevy for Honda? I just don't think any teams would make that move specially since Dodge was having a hard time to get teams to go with them.

There you go thumper

vCash
    Lol you really think Hendrick would leave Chevy for Honda? I just don't think any teams would make that move specially since Dodge was having a hard time to get teams to go with them.
    Probably not.

I'm just saying, if any team could bring Honda in and make them successful, Hendrick would be the best fit.

vCash
    There is always the NHRA! Another personal fav of mine
    Absolutely! And we have a local drag track here as well.

That's one thing I thought was kind of funny throughout the south-- NASCAR made a lot of changes over the past (especially) 5 years that people who'd been loving the sport from back when it was called "Runnin' Shine", were none too happy with. NASCAR figured, "Oh well, they'll adjust, and if they love NASCAR they'll come anyway." They apparently totally forgot we have so many local tracks we could spend all our time and money there and not go to NASCAR races at all, if we really wanted to.

Suddenly, the stands started bein' empty. Bristol and 'Dega were lookin' like Tombstone Arizona. That's when NASCAR started realizing that you can only push fans so far, and then you're shootin' yourself in the foot. Maybe when all of us are dead who remember how NASCAR started, and how it used to be are gone, they can turn NASCAR into a bunch of asian and euro-sedans, but until then, they're still stuck with us rednecks, and I think they know very well that they've been riding a long time right out at the edge of pushing too far. And if there's one thing they don't want, it's empty seats.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast