Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    A couple positives from this after cooling off:

1. It's not a season ending injury and 2. This gives his back/hip a few more weeks to heal without getting banged up in practice.

To me, Gronk isn't the type of guy that is going to need a ton of time to get re-acclimated to the offense. It's not like he's Welker out there running precise routes that depend largely on timing with Brady, the man is a massive target with phenomenal hands. He's going to get his on day 1 when he gets back.
    Perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agar81 View Post
    His loss will definitely be felt in the passing game, but hopefully our great TE depth will pull through here.
    I remember somebody was asking back during camp why we needed more than 3 TE's. YES.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akagiredsuns View Post
    Why the hell does Belichick have his starters out in the field late in the 4th quarter with a 28 point lead? I mean that is just plain stupid. This injury could have easily been avoided but hey anything to pad the stats on NE players at whatever cost. And now it cost Gronk a likely season ending injury. And who knows if he'll be ready for the playoffs. Pats better hope to get that bye. Cus Ravens are up on them & Broncos are right there with them. Belichick =
    53 man roster.

(ST + Offense + Defense) * 11 * 2 = 66, toss out ST you have 44. 44 starters (plus the Pats use a lot of guys as rotational players)... or don't count them. 9 bench guys. Hmmm....

How does that work out? Think about it on your way out.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    ^ add in game day roster limit ^

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Hernandez!!!!!!! Come back!!!!!!!!

vCash
    i think there are very different skill sets among the remaining tight ends,hopefully there is enough going on in the offense to make the transition away from gronk fairly painless.

vCash
    UPDATE:

Heard from a new source since surgery who says Gronkowski will be out "a few weeks." Sources close to Gronk said 4-6 weeks last night.
    -Howe. Hopefully this is the case.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agar81 View Post
    UPDATE:

-Howe. Hopefully this is the case.
    ray: Please be back for the SF game, please be back for the SF game!
    Perfection.

vCash
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Gronkowski had screws inserted in his forearm at MGH this AM. He'll want to play during that Texans-Niners turn. That'd be awfully quick.
    Hopefully he's back by then.

vCash
    hopefully the pats can play well without him and that there is no feeling of need to rush him back.i have no doubt that he feels he can get back early but it would be nice to have him fully healed and in the playoffs!

vCash
    I was absolutely shocked when I heard the news, but hopefully the newest reports of it being only a few week rehab are correct. On the bright side, Hernandez is expected to be back for Thanksgiving.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I'm down to pitch in some sheckles towards getting Gronk the "Wolverine" surgery transforming his bone into Adamantium so this never happens again.

Anyone else?
    Perfection.

vCash
    Pats will adapt because we always do but this is a big loss. Gronk is easily our best big play, down field, and red zone weapon.

We are going to have to run the ball more effectively in the red zone - and it does not help that our best blocking TE is out. Visanthe Shiancoe is going to have to step up and hopefully Hernandez will be back soon.

vCash
    chillll, ill take a niners/texans loss if it means resting up gronk so hes as close to ready as possible for playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
    A couple positives from this after cooling off:

1. It's not a season ending injury and 2. This gives his back/hip a few more weeks to heal without getting banged up in practice.

To me, Gronk isn't the type of guy that is going to need a ton of time to get re-acclimated to the offense. It's not like he's Welker out there running precise routes that depend largely on timing with Brady, the man is a massive target with phenomenal hands. He's going to get his on day 1 when he gets back.
    We'll plug someone in and adapt.

This could be a blessing in disguise. Give the workhorse who has been compensating for AH some rest. Heal up that hip problem too. Get him fresh and ready for when it matters the most.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast