Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Has tom brady been cursed

i have noticed since randy moss was traded to MIN brady has not been accurate going deep. We cant blame it on the WR becouse they all have done well deep in the other places they have gone since. i mean look at brandon tate we always said he couldnt catch the deep ball now look at him he is a good deep target for dalton in CIN, look at underwood we thought the same about him and look at what he is doing in TB. look at llyod i mean he has drop a couple balls but brady has missed him alot down feild. maybe its me or maybe brady needs a tall randy moss like target to throw the deep ball to but what do you guys think about it.

and no im not making a thread to say we need a new QB or something just asking a question

vCash
    *Cursed

vCash
    double double cauldron bubble
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    So is the question 'Has Tom Brady been cursed?' or 'Has or Tom Brady been coerced?'?

To answer both questions...No.

vCash
    Having AH back at 100% will certainly help.

vCash
    tate dropped a lot of deep balls. lloyd doesnt really beat people deep well but hes pretty good at going up and getting jump balls.

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

vCash
    I would not mind us taking a WR in the first if the right player is there.

vCash
    http://i.imgur.com/0g8xC.gif

the **** is this? Cursed?

vCash
    I think it has more to do with the greatest deep threat to ever grace the NFL leaving the Patriots. It's not like Brady was throwing bombs before Moss arrived. In fact, I remember his arm strength being called into question before the 2007 season.

And he's thrown a few deep passes to Gronk and Hernandez since Moss left. The problem is that we haven't had an outside receiver that can both run those routes AND catch the damn ball. Also, the Patriots have moved away from airing it out to a more balanced offense.

vCash

Has tom brady been cursed

It's not a curse. Brady simply does not have the deep ball. I don't know why people get excited when he unloads. I sit there and constantly just say "nope". It's not even really a possibility for me to believe hell throw a completion in that situation. He's getting older and lost that part of his game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    It's not a curse. Brady simply does not have the deep ball. I don't know why people get excited when he unloads. I sit there and constantly just say "nope". It's not even really a possibility for me to believe hell throw a completion in that situation. He's getting older and lost that part of his game
    or you know, the fact that he hasn't had a consistent deep threat for the past few seasons?

Seems a little more logical to me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    or you know, the fact that he hasn't had a consistent deep threat for the past few seasons?

Seems a little more logical to me...
    That certainly doesn't help, but his downfield accuracy hasn't impressed me much in the past few years regardless. Last year it seemed like every time he threw a deep ball it went about 40 yards past any receiver who could have possibly been the intended target, this year he's had quite a few misses and unfortunately the times that he HAS thrown perfect deep balls Lloyd has dropped them.

I understand that the overthrowing could also be a result of receivers not running the routes that he is expecting, but considering how often it happens I don't think that its a "more logical" reason.

Also, just so people don't attack me, I'm not saying Brady isn't a great quarterback. He's easily top three in the NFL, but no quarterback ever is great at EVERY aspect of playing the position.

vCash
    Brady didn't throw long in '01 and part of '02. Between '04 and '08 he seemed to throw more deep and quite on target. Since the knee and Moss, there is less deep throws and they are not as good.

Like 10 days I posted that my friend that's an x Pat and in broadcasting told me Brady has had his shoulder scoped a few times - as in 4 or more not 2 or 3. It supposed to be tight and clean now, but I have to think if true his age + his shoulder issues have to be cutting him down to a short/intermediate passer.

Enjoy what we have now. The days of wine and roses will not last.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....