Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash

I have a Question about this starting line-up threads

The final point is the most important. The Knicks’ starting lineup (Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd, Ronnie Brewer, Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler) was on the court together for 15 minutes today (tip-off until 8:48 of the first quarter; 5:39 of the second quarter until halftime; start of the third quarter until 5:58 of the third quarter). In those 15 minutes, each team had 27 possessions on which the Knicks scored 40 points (1.48 per possession) and the Pacers scored 24 (0.89 per possession). This is astonishingly good but basically an exaggeration of what they’ve done all year so far (1.18 per possession, 0.90 allowed per possession coming into today). That’s not simply great, it’s cartoonish. It’s happened against champions and also-rans, contenders and minnows. It’s happened against big teams and small. It’s happened at home and on the road.
    It’s real.
    http://knickerblogger.net/knicks-88-pacers-76/#respond

I understand wanting to see a certain line up or thinking that a big front is needed against one team and Melo at the four is great another.

I even understand the AMRI starting stuff(not really), former allstar making 20 million a season, he has to start(not really).

But where is the Shumpert starting when he get's back stuff coming from around here??? Threw 8 games Felton, Kidd, Brewer, Melo, Tyson line has been the best we have had in years. You really believe Shumps showed that much promise that he can slide in after missing 40 plus games???

That line up mean while, has been scoring in the first quarter, shutting teams down in the forth, and them putting teams away. I don't even think Stat should break up this line up, so how is Shumps going come in here in January/February and just move a player to the bench???

Knicks got something really special cooking and hope it doesn't end.
    Last edited by Anji; 11-18-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Because Shump was our starter last year and showed a lot of promise. The only reason he isn't starting right now is because of injury. I don't mind if the line-up stays the same, but that would mean Amare on the bench too.

vCash
    Because Shumpert definetly isn't going to start right away. He didn't always start last year. They will ease him back in when he comes back. Why does everyone worry abotut higns that will not happen for weeks, months from now. It isn't a bad thing to have more weapons and options.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash

And i'm not really worried about Shumps

Pretty sure it's just fans being really invested in their guy, Brewer and Kidd have been better up to this point.

I really am worried though about going from the best 5 guys starting and the best defense in the league without Tyson being on his A game to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZqqYW9DQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZqqYW9DQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAT91hO4-zs

We are one of the best right now because everybody is covering everybody and one bad link in the chain and............I don't even want to think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS3xPlrGb40
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    He won't start immediately. He has to show he is healthy first of all and that his defense didn't take a hit.

The plan is to get Kidd and Camby rest so they are fresh in the playoffs but with Amare and Iman being out both are needed more earlier on.

It really doesn't matter who starts unless its an extreme change like Amare coming back in.
    Shump will likely come off the bench when he returns.

vCash
    I don't remember ever getting off to good starts with Melo-Amare-Tyson starting. We finally started getting off to hot starts last year late in the season. Even during Woodsanity where we went 7-1 with Amare/Melo/Tyson all healthy before Lin/STAT went down, it was our bench that was dominating games.

I'm with you, the chemistry and defense with the first unit starting and finishing games is too great to tinker with at the moment. We could come back to reality before STAT gets back, but I see no way you just throw him in the starting lineup without, at the very least, working him n slowly off the bench like the Grizz did with ZBo last season.

vCash
    If and big if Knicks stay on this pace you can't break it up

You never fix something which ain't broke, thats just dumb.

I have not idea what woody is going to do, and wouldn't want to be him, but hopefully whatever he decides is best for the team and not by popularity.

What scares me is he promised Melo, Amare and Chandler would work, hope he doesn't have so much pride figuring out it may not kills us.

I think since its not Thanks Giving yet and Amare is not due back till Christmas and Shump after New years I'm not worrying about this.

Just keep rolling...........

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I say if its not broke don't fix it. Our current starting 5 should stay intact. They have earned it. Thats not to say that when ready Shump and Amare should not play major minutes because they should.

Whats great is that teams will eventually adapt to our current line-up but when those two return it will take a while for the scouts to figure us out again

vCash
    Like everyone else been saying, Shumpert wont start immediately. When Shumpert does eventually become the starter, it will because he's fully earned it and its obvious that the starting lineup requires his skillset. But yeah, I dont see Woodson doing anything drastic while we're playing so well.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    I really think this team needs to keep EVERYONE'S minutes down this season with the depth we have. Why should anyone play more than 24-30 minutes(with the exception of Melo and obviously certain big games)? This way everyone is healthy come playoff time.

I know it won't happen, but I really believe when everyone gets healthy we could run 2 seperate teams out there for 6-10 minutes at a time(obviously adjusting on strengths and weaknesses..Melo,Novak etc).

Start - Same team Felton,Kidd, Brewer,Melo and chandler then bring in Prigs,Shump,JR,Amare and Camby/Sheed adjusting either team for offense and defense depending how it is going

There is Offense and Def split among the teams with Novak to supply spark to either group and Melo and maybe Amare(I would be happy with Amare staying around 25 min) spends some time with other groups to get their Minutes in depending on score of game.

This way groups get to know each other.. playing together most of time

..Just a thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Because Shumpert definetly isn't going to start right away. He didn't always start last year. They will ease him back in when he comes back. Why does everyone worry abotut higns that will not happen for weeks, months from now. It isn't a bad thing to have more weapons and options.
    I'm with you Kenny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    If and big if Knicks stay on this pace you can't break it up

You never fix something which ain't broke, thats just dumb.

I have not idea what woody is going to do, and wouldn't want to be him, but hopefully whatever he decides is best for the team and not by popularity.

What scares me is he promised Melo, Amare and Chandler would work, hope he doesn't have so much pride figuring out it may not kills us.

I think since its not Thanks Giving yet and Amare is not due back till Christmas and Shump after New years I'm not worrying about this.

Just keep rolling...........
    Could not disagree more. What is dumb is settling and not always be looking for ways to improve. It is this type of thinking that impedes progress. Do people here really think we can't still improve and that this is easily a runaway champ with no weaknesses? This is the problem with lots of coaches, gms, and players, they get to a level and then get complacent. If you think that this is the best option and Amar'e is broken down and no good and shump is a bench player and not a starter and we can win while being out rebounded most nights then that is one thing. To suggest that you stop looking for ways to make your team better is what is dumb. Continuous improvement is not about fixing what is broken, its figuring out ways you can be better.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    If Ronnie continue to play well, no way you take him out of the starting lineup. His scoring ....ability to score has been a pleasant surprise.

Pablo will be the odd man out when Shump returns.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    If Ronnie continue to play well, no way you take him out of the starting lineup. His scoring ....ability to score has been a pleasant surprise.

Pablo will be the odd man out when Shump returns.

vCash
    I think the team wants Shump to take it slow when he gets back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast