Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop Gap

vCash

Stop Gap

After today's game we see how the offense is with a viable QB. At this point Gabbert is just getting beaten to a pulp as he struggles to make quick decisions. Just as we did with Garrard for Leftwich, we may as well play Henne until we can get a QB that doesnt have to start over everything from how to drop back and throw to how to step up in the pocket. The NFL waits for no one.....we shouldnt either

vCash
    give gabbert the reps. if were gonna be bad lets go all the way bad and secure Jarvis Jones or a Nice trade down package

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    looks like he wont survive with the length of time he takes to throw at times

vCash
    Only thing I'm scared about is that Henne can actually win us games.

vCash
    and at this point, why would we want that

vCash
    i still want to win games. the draft isnt like the past where i would want to be top 5.

no one is going to give up a lot to trade up so thats out.

lets keep henne out there two games in a row looking good omg. something gabbert hasnt done. we competed with one of the best teams in the AFC

the offense between gabbert and henne changed and i was excited

keep henne in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    i still want to win games. the draft isnt like the past where i would want to be top 5.

lets keep henne out there two games in a row looking good omg. something gabbert hasnt done. we competed with one of the best teams in the AFC

keep henne in.
    so wait ur not in favor of getting Jarvis Jones who will Help us more than potentially winning more games.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post

keep henne in.
    My only fear with Henne is that he is largely inconsistent. Like I remember in Miami he had games like this one, and then he had games like Gabbert against Indy or Cincy. I wouldn't put too much stock into Henne. I think the offense as a whole just performed better today and started getting into a rhythm.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Are we forgetting how utterly useless Henne was against OAK?
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    Are we forgetting how utterly useless Henne was against OAK?
    are we forgetting how useless gabbert was against houston? indy? cinci? chicago? indy?

oakland henne came off the bench guarentee you rarely takes any first string snaps. now after oak he defintely has and you can see that on the field. i sure as **** bet the wr like henne more than gabbert

vCash
    I say you keep Henne in. Gabbert has been ineffective and unable to throw downfield. There were a couple throws that went for long gains yesterday that we all know, Gabbert would have checked down on. Henne is only 27 and has his prime ahead of him. Let him play, lets evaluate him with a couple complete games.
    Last edited by mosss82; 11-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.

vCash
    Henne has no prime
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jobclarke View Post
    looks like he wont survive with the length of time he takes to throw at times
    What games are you watching?

Gabbert has one of the quickest releases in the league. On average he takes 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball which is third lowest in the league according to PFF. Kind of makes your thread look ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mosss82 View Post
    I say you keep Henne in. Gabbert has been ineffective and unable to throw downfield. There were a couple throws that went for long gains yesterday that we all know, Gabbert would have checked down on. Henne is only 27 and has his prime ahead of him. Let him play, lets evaluate him with a couple complete games.
    About 90% of Henne's passing yardage came AFTER THE CATCH. Gabbert got nothing after the catch from those dopes. Blaine has one of the better ratios of throwing longer passes according to PFF stats. You're taking a couple of good individual plays by receivers, ignoring a couple balls Henne threw that should have been easy picks, and making it seem like he is more than he is.

vCash
    You cant say the reciever made all the play. The recievers did the same thing but Henne is giving them the ability to. The long catch by Blackman was put on the numbers where he could keep running. Gabbert would have completed it but the pass would have either required he dive for the catch or turn back to make the catch thus stopping his progress.

Im not saying Henne is the long term answer but he played better yesterday then Gabbert has all year. He earned the right to be evaluated next to Gabbert.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast