Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    He threw 4 TDs, no Ints, and had a near perfect game.

It's the defenses fault they lost, not his.

****ing hate when people think the QB is the only player on a team.

"hey, the QB played a perfect game and they still lost HE SUCKS"

That logic is so goddamn stupid.
    He cracked in the last 2 minutes along with the rest of the team. Hey, had it not been for the defense, Gabbert would have won 3 games this year. You people need to hold every QB to the same standard. If it's Gabbert's fault that they were 1-8 with him, then it's Henne's fault that they lost. He is no better then Gabbert and he won't be starting for the team next year. Gabbert will.
    You are kidding right? What about this fact your missing? If gabbert didn't get hurt (again), and he played the whole game. They wouldn't of ever been in the game for anyone to lose if. Gabbert is horrible..

our future

vCash
    How would you know that. He was in for what, 2 plays? The o-line actually did their job and protected Henne. Something they haven't done all year. The receivers caught passes and got open on a consistent basis. Another thing they haven't done all year.

Look at the Vikings game, had it not been for the defense Gabbert's 39 yard TD pass would (should) have won the game. He had put up a 17-6 lead over the Raiders. Henne took over and they lost 26-23 and Henne converted 0 3RD downs. I'm not saying that Gabbert is the next best thing. but he needs to be fairly evaluated and I think that he deserves 1 more year. Just look at Alex Smith and how long it took him to develop into sometihng.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash

Gabbert Vs. Henne

^ how would I know that...

How do I know Blaire gabbert would throw for 450 yards and 4 TDS in 3 quarters against the leagues best defense?? Do I really need to answer that?

How about this.. Because he can't do even half that against the crappiest defense

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    ^ how would I know that...

How do I know Blaire gabbert would throw for 450 yards and 4 TDS in 3 quarters against the leagues best defense?? Do I really need to answer that?

How about this.. Because he can't do even half that against the crappiest defense
    You seem to forget that the receivers didn't drop 9 passes in this game. And Henne actually had time to throw the football, unlike Gabbert. I will say that Henne has deserved to be evaluated next to Gabbert, but I'm not going to say that he is better since he didn't win. Stats are better but the result is the same. I want a QB who can win, and right now neither are doing that. But I do think that Gabbert can still develop into a good QB.

vCash
    Most of that passing yardage came after the catch. Something Gabbert has never benefitted from this year. Or last. Also Henne threw a couple lame ducks that should have been picked. Completion percentage was below 50 and he lost the game. But no point in risking a nicked up Gabbert any more than necessary this season. It's gone.

vCash
    As much as I like Gabbert Alpha, he was benched partly because of his performance. If he was playing consistently then he would be starting right now. I think they let them battle it out next year. Should be interesting.

vCash
    You seem to forget that the receivers didn't drop 9 passes in this game. And Henne actually had time to throw the football, unlike Gabbert. I will say that Henne has deserved to be evaluated next to Gabbert, but I'm not going to say that he is better since he didn't win. Stats are better but the result is the same. I want a QB who can win, and right now neither are doing that. But I do think that Gabbert can still develop into a good QB.
    Again, you bring up that the QB can't win.

AGAIN, the team is not just one QB playing against another QB.

It's pretty goddamn hard for a QB to lead a win when the other team scores 40+ points.

vCash
    Henne has been "evaluated" next to Gabbert since he came to Jacksonville. Both guys started out on equal footing with a new coaching staff, new offense, new receivers. That decision was made a long time ago, and the fact that Gabbert is hurting at the moment and the season is written off are the reasons for the switch. Nothing else. Henne has been in the league five years, they know who he is. One game where the receivers picked up a ton of yardage after the catch doesn't change things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Again, you bring up that the QB can't win.

AGAIN, the team is not just one QB playing against another QB.

It's pretty goddamn hard for a QB to lead a win when the other team scores 40+ points.
    Everything seems to be Gabberts fault, so I'm using the same standard for every QB.

vCash
    Neither are any good. Henne is a career backup, but unfortunately for the Jags he's still better than their "franchise" QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Neither are any good. Henne is a career backup, but unfortunately for the Jags he's still better than their "franchise" QB.
    I still think that it may be too early to judge Gabbert. Some players take a while to develop. Gabbert has improved this year. It just isn't at the rate that people would like it to be.

vCash
    I still think that it may be too early to judge Gabbert. Some players take a while to develop. Gabbert has improved this year. It just isn't at the rate that people would like it to be.
    Nothing to apologise for as far as Gabbert is concerned. He has the same stats and virtually the same record as Newton this year. The other quarterback taken ahead of him in 2011 has three career starts so far, and he is two years older than Blaine. Andrew Luck, who is the same age and was taken first overall has a lower comletion percentage and quarterback rating so far. Ryan Tannehill who is two years older and was taken two spots higher in the draft is having as bad a season as Blaine did as a rookie.

vCash
    Henne was pretty incredible. I think you go with the hot hand and come up with some "injury" excuse to ride Henne and see what he brings you

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Henne was pretty incredible. I think you go with the hot hand and come up with some "injury" excuse to ride Henne and see what he brings you
    I want Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore. We better have a top 5 pick.

What we could also do is have Gabbert get his shoulder repaired and then he will be ready for TC.

vCash
    I want Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore. We better have a top 5 pick.

What we could also do is have Gabbert get his shoulder repaired and then he will be ready for TC.
    as much as i would love to add moore but if we are still bad next year we getting CLOWNEY

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast