Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Where has anyone said he's in contention to be the top qb taken??? I've only heard Smith, Barkley, and Glennon being mentioned..and they SHOULD be the only ones mentioned and even they are only above average prospects in terms of being NFL starters IMO. I wouldnt go anywhere near Aaron Murray with our 2nd round pick and I feel sorry for a team that would take him before our second round pick because hes not worth it. With all of our needs why waste a high 2nd on a qb who doesnt project to be anything more than an average starter at best. I'll pass. Against the best competition he SUCKED!

@ South Carolina - 11/31 109 yds 0 TD 1 INT
    vs. Florida - 12/24 150 yds 1 TD 3 INT
    vs. Alabama - 18/33 265 1 TD 1 INT

So clearly against top tier talent Murray failed...miserably, and only put up good stat games against Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Kentucky, and Georgia Southern...not really tough opponents. Again, I'll pass.
    Agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Like I said I like Murray's moxy and character more than anything of his. He's accurate and has a ton of moxy
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Like I said I like Murray's moxy and character more than anything of his. He's accurate and has a ton of moxy
    Chip Kelly has moxy

vCash
    Is there an advanced stat to measure moxy?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    what is the consensus in here about taj boyd? i would choose him over mr moxy aaron murray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    throwing 80 yd screen passes in a bowl game

vCash
    I'm a little hesitant on this but what about Terrelle Pryor? Chip Kelly played against him and talked about how much he liked him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk6 View Post
    throwing 80 yd screen passes in a bowl game
    I miss the days of being a great screen team.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Where has anyone said he's in contention to be the top qb taken??? I've only heard Smith, Barkley, and Glennon being mentioned..and they SHOULD be the only ones mentioned and even they are only above average prospects in terms of being NFL starters IMO. I wouldnt go anywhere near Aaron Murray with our 2nd round pick and I feel sorry for a team that would take him before our second round pick because hes not worth it. With all of our needs why waste a high 2nd on a qb who doesnt project to be anything more than an average starter at best. I'll pass. Against the best competition he SUCKED!

@ South Carolina - 11/31 109 yds 0 TD 1 INT
    vs. Florida - 12/24 150 yds 1 TD 3 INT
    vs. Alabama - 18/33 265 1 TD 1 INT

So clearly against top tier talent Murray failed...miserably, and only put up good stat games against Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Kentucky, and Georgia Southern...not really tough opponents. Again, I'll pass.
    What about the best pass defense in the nation?? Came from behind two or three times and answered quickly each time they took the lead.

But again my assessments are beyond stats, I don't know how much stock they put into the stats in college when assessing a players skillset

Its the flashes of talent you show and to me he shows a lot of NFL ready qualities that I feel can translate nicely to this level and he can have a solid impact on a team.

You saw 1 game, and now you want him as our future? Oh Lord.

Again, all this after you see him 1 time?
    2 games 1 against the team thats about to play in the National game and the best passing defense in the whole nation.

But the numbers weren't what I was focusing on, I was looking at his footwork, poise, accuracy and how quick he progresses through his reads.

Those 2 games and the youtube videos I saw prior to the 2 games show me a good understanding of what kinda potential he has.

I agree it's a small sample size, but it was consistently the same things I noticed he displayed, which caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Tony Dungy said he'd take Murray first overall.

I'd trust his judgement.
    Did he really?? Never knew that.

I heard it during the ESPN broadcast during the game when they were talking about the draft and I forgot the other place where I heard it.

A lot of college football die hards on this site also said they'd consider him for the top pick.

If there was you'd prolly have a hard time understanding it

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That and there were a few of those yards, such as the 70 yard screen play his WR took to the house, that were nicely inflating his numbers throughout the game.
    So a QB throwing a screen that goes for 70 yards shouldn't count towards his numbers lol??

What if he threw another pick 6 trying to throw a screen like he did earlier in the game?

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    So a QB throwing a screen that goes for 70 yards shouldn't count towards his numbers lol??

What if he threw another pick 6 trying to throw a screen like he did earlier in the game?
    No. But it's very important to understand that 95% of that TD was done by the WR and not by Murray. Which means his overall numbers were inflated. He gets credit for the pass, but it was a play that normally goes 4-5 made 70 due to a defense who was shredded all game long, and excellent individual effort by the WR.

If he threw a pick 6 there, I'd blame him for what he directly controlled which was the interception to begin with. The resulting effort from the DB cannot be blamed on Murray, just the interception. Just like all you can give Murray credit for, on a screen play, is the pass.

Murray had a nice game. But it was the first real nice game he put up against real quality opponents all season.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

Of course it should count, but it should also be noted that stats are always inflated. QBs get far too much credit for the work a RB/WR does after the catch.

vCash
    No. But it's very important to understand that 95% of that TD was done by the WR and not by Murray. Which means his overall numbers were inflated. He gets credit for the pass, but it was a play that normally goes 4-5 made 70 due to a defense who was shredded all game long, and excellent individual effort by the WR.

If he threw a pick 6 there, I'd blame him for what he directly controlled which was the interception to begin with. The resulting effort from the DB cannot be blamed on Murray, just the interception. Just like all you can give Murray credit for, on a screen play, is the pass.

Murray had a nice game. But it was the first real nice game he put up against real quality opponents all season.
    Yep.

vCash

I agree with this, to me the completion pct and td:Int reasons matter more than yards, but people always use yards in arguments so its hard being selective.

Of course it should count, but it should also be noted that stats are always inflated. QBs get far too much credit for the work a RB/WR does after the catch.
    Agree completely with the last part

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    So I misspelled moxy, doesn't change the fact that Murray has a ton of it