Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 3361
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He doesn't move like Cam Newton, though. Just because a QB is African-American doesn't make him an athletic mobile type of QB and I think a lot of people fall into this trap. "He's black...gotta be mobile!". Smith is much, much more of a pocket passer than Newton is.
    Woah this had nothing to do with him being black.
    I was basing this of his atleticism and big body frame. I was going to say McNabb like but I didn't want people getting on me for even bringing up 5's name.

    I don't care if your black, chinese, puerto rican, indian that never has anything to do when I compare someone.


    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm not a big Aaron Murray believer. Watch a lot of SEC football. Murray has moments of brilliance and moments that just make you wonder "WTF!?". You never got that feeling with someone like Matt Stafford in that system.
    I'm not doubting you and ofc you have more value to this convo than I do because you watch him more, but doesn't every QB always have those WTF moments? Sometimes you try doing to much and it happens, but his pin point accuracy, audibles and footwork are what really has me interested.

    The negatives always can be improved and if his criticism is size and "wtf moments" then that makes me happier knowing that because those are things you can easily overcome.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Woah this had nothing to do with him being black.
    I was basing this of his atleticism and big body frame. I was going to say McNabb like but I didn't want people getting on me for even bringing up 5's name.

    I don't care if your black, chinese, puerto rican, indian that never has anything to do when I compare someone.
    I wasn't saying you in particular, but we in general have this idea that Black QB's are....Cam Newton or RG3. Geno Smith doesn't even have McNabb's mobility imo. He's almost a pure pocket passer.


    I'm not doubting you and ofc you have more value to this convo than I do because you watch him more, but doesn't every QB always have those WTF moments? Sometimes you try doing to much and it happens, but his pin point accuracy, audibles and footwork are what really has me interested.

    The negatives always can be improved and if his criticism is size and "wtf moments" then that makes me happier knowing that because those are things you can easily overcome.
    They do....Murray just seems to have more. He's got some real perks, as does someone like Tyler Bray (he's Bryon Leftwhich part 2 if you ask me, his windup is horrendous), but I think both of the top 2 SEC QB's this year kind of are very "meh".

    I actually think the "WTF" moments are the hardest to overcome. If you're displaying that tendency at the college level, those moments don't go away as you ramp up quality.

    If I was picking my favorite QB this draft class, it's that kid from NC State, Glennon.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    293
    vCash
    1500
    Why do people keep talking about bringing Vick back? He is what he is at this point. He looks special occasionally, but is turnover prone, will never finish a season, not the best accuracy and holds the ball to long. For someone who has only played 3 games Foles has looked solid. He has been inconsistent and not perfect, but he is a rookie w a few Starts that is expected. We can't draft a Qb this yr or keep Vick. Have to improve the line and give Foles a full season slowly opening up the playbook. Luck and RG3 are special. Most rookies start like Foles

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blystr2002 View Post
    Why do people keep talking about bringing Vick back? He is what he is at this point. He looks special occasionally, but is turnover prone, will never finish a season, not the best accuracy and holds the ball to long. For someone who has only played 3 games Foles has looked solid. He has been inconsistent and not perfect, but he is a rookie w a few Starts that is expected. We can't draft a Qb this yr or keep Vick. Have to improve the line and give Foles a full season slowly opening up the playbook. Luck and RG3 are special. Most rookies start like Foles
    This. If Foles were not a rookie in the same season as Luck and Russell etc he would have people very excited. No chance Vick returns let alone as the starter. Fact: Foles has had less to work with in his starts this season than Vick did, and still put the team in better position to win games
    PSD's c_reinert

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    I do think if you see what Foles has to work with and how well he did. Then his future is pretty bright. He reads a defense and see the field well. Give more of a line and a real WR. He will do well.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pattison Avenue
    Posts
    1,775
    vCash
    1500
    So I believe they are locked in at #4... who do you take?

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    strength comes from the inside out. Wars are won at the line. I go with Joeckel with the 4th pick. We don't have a RT. Herremans is a guard that shifted outside. And if Peters doesn't come back from his achilles injury, then we will be really screwed. 2nd and 3rd round we can go defense
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

  8. #473
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    981
    vCash
    1500
    i like Joeckel but i think you go best available player, and defense win championships, so i say go for a game changer on defense. its a weak draft
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    I want Joeckel but the Raiders being ahead of us might kill us with that cause a team will likely trade to their spot. Praying we can get him though


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    R.D
    Posts
    16,474
    vCash
    1500
    What if Geno Smith is our next McNabb?


    Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

    "Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,674
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    i like Joeckel but i think you go best available player, and defense win championships, so i say go for a game changer on defense. its a weak draft
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I want Joeckel but the Raiders being ahead of us might kill us with that cause a team will likely trade to their spot. Praying we can get him though
    Joeckel will be there for the Eagles....


    KC going QB for sure prob make the Geno Smith mistake lol I just pray he has a good combine.

    Jags need defense badly esp a pass rusher...I cannot think of any bigger freak then Javris Jones... if they pass him I see them reaching big time and going after who I feel is the best RB in 3 years to come out... Giovani Bernard although hes not getting the hype watch him, he will be a RB that will be up there with the big boys for years to come.

    Raiders - if Jones falls in their lap they will freak out... but if not you can bet they will be going Star Lotulelei all the way. ESP with Richard Seymour on the wrong side of 30 and in a year in which he battled injuries and is a FA.

    Leaving Joeckel right there in our lap for us. Dont know if you can pass up on a man of his freakish ability. Theres no doubt clear cut he is the #1 tackle in this draft and separates himself from the pact....much like Kalil last year.


    He should be there for us

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    44,478
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Joeckel will be there for the Eagles....


    KC going QB for sure prob make the Geno Smith mistake lol I just pray he has a good combine.

    Jags need defense badly esp a pass rusher...I cannot think of any bigger freak then Javris Jones... if they pass him I see them reaching big time and going after who I feel is the best RB in 3 years to come out... Giovani Bernard although hes not getting the hype watch him, he will be a RB that will be up there with the big boys for years to come.

    Raiders - if Jones falls in their lap they will freak out... but if not you can bet they will be going Star Lotulelei all the way. ESP with Richard Seymour on the wrong side of 30 and in a year in which he battled injuries and is a FA.

    Leaving Joeckel right there in our lap for us. Dont know if you can pass up on a man of his freakish ability. Theres no doubt clear cut he is the #1 tackle in this draft and separates himself from the pact....much like Kalil last year.


    He should be there for us
    KC sports radio all morning is talking about Vick/Reid.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    44,478
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    What if Geno Smith is our next McNabb?
    If we take Geno Smith I'll throw up.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,518
    vCash
    1500
    KC will draft a QB..not sure why they'd want Vick...

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    44,478
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    KC will draft a QB..not sure why they'd want Vick...
    Sooo many other needs, weak draft class. Stop-gap QB until they can land a franchise guy. Vick could give them 3 years of good QB play until then.

    I work in KC, it's been a topic of discussion for a while now.

    Send us Bowe in return please.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •