Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 225 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 3361
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149
    vCash
    1500
    With the amount of holes this team has shown you have to take the best player available with the exception being RB. My top 5:

    1. L.Joeckel- Counting on Peters to return to form would be too risky especially with a young QB under center. And if he does, then we have a hell of a RT and a future franchise LT.

    2. D.Milliner- Obviously secondary help is a big need and it doesn't look like their will be a safety worth taking when we're on the clock. Would allow Boykin to stay in the slot if Asomugha is let go.

    3. M.Te'o- A leader and a great tackler for a defense devoid of both.

    4. J.Hunter- A big target at wide receiver in the A.J. Green mold. Neither WR has shown enough at this point to pass up a talent like Hunter.

    5. S.Lotulelei- Would add toughness and run stopping ability. Also has scheme versatility if a move to a 34 is made.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,859
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Yeah Brandon Graham, and his impressive 1 1/2 sacks, is a a real stud. He has improved but lets not get carried away.
    Stats aren't the tell all. Not in the least. Babin gets the most snaps, and graham doesn't record sacks but the eye test shows that he's pressuring the qb every time he's in. If they'd scrap babin, then graham would nab more sacks

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    I'd say WR is a need. Desean is very one dimensional and Maclin is a nice secondary option but in now way a #1. If look to upgrade at WR and TE as both positions have been huge disappointments.
    Its a minimal need but not a top 10 pick need...I should have specified what I meant. We could do a lot worse than DJax/Maclin combo, just look aroun the league. You can't investthat much money and draft picks into one position.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Stats aren't the tell all. Not in the least. Babin gets the most snaps, and graham doesn't record sacks but the eye test shows that he's pressuring the qb every time he's in. If they'd scrap babin, then graham would nab more sacks
    This is very true but I disagree with the notion that hes constantly pressuring the QB...we are ten games in and if that were true he would have significantly more than 1.5 sacks just by chance...you cant get constant pressure and just have that few sacks. And judging by the eye he has been pretty solid but to say he is a stud is a major stretch..a stud is a pro bowl type of player and I havent seen anything to warrant labeling Graham of that. I will agree with getting rid of Babin, I just hate his attitude in every interview he gives, always so negative...cant be good for the locker room vibe. And his production hasnt been anywhere near his conractual value, which we all knew was going to happen when he signed the deal

    And get some sleep bro...3:30 am post??? damn haha
    Last edited by Synyster89; 11-20-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grand Forks, North Dakota
    Posts
    3,426
    vCash
    1500
    After being in the back end of the draft for a decade and whiffing on mid round picks like Bunkley and Graham, the lack of talent is an issue. You look at the 49ers, they have a plethora of top 10 picks, one of which had a monster game last night with 5.5 sacks. Its about time we draft top 10 talent.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,859
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    This is very true but I disagree with the notion that hes constantly pressuring the QB...we are ten games in and if that were true he would have significantly more than 1.5 sacks just by chance...you cant get constant pressure and just have that few sacks. And judging by the eye he has been pretty solid but to say he is a stud is a major stretch..a stud is a pro bowl type of player and I havent seen anything to warrant labeling Graham of that. I will agree with getting rid of Babin, I just hate his attitude in every interview he gives, always so negative...cant be good for the locker room vibe. And his production hasnt been anywhere near his conractual value, which we all knew was going to happen when he signed the deal

    And get some sleep bro...3:30 am post??? damn haha
    Lol on the west coast right now

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Why move Herremans to LG when we have Mathis? If we move Herremans to G it should be on the right side
    True, i just thought the line was really good with with Peters and Herremans on the left side. We could shift Mathis over there. And also Runyan is coming out of retirement.LOL I told my wife to talk to him when he comes in to visit her place of work. That we need him bad. You never know

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    ALso when your in the draft, you should always, i mean always draft the best possible player. Unless you need a QB.Then it maybe different.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    How is a WR a need for this team? Another probleblem is that their isnt a DB/S/WR worth taking in the top 8-10 as it stands now except for maybe Milliner, reachng for a position is never a good idea

    And Te'o could easily move to either outside LB postions, always go with that type of talent when its available because it seldom is.
    How is WR not a need, one week our WR's will both have 100 yards or one will have 100 while the other has 6+ receptions, then the other they both will go for like a combined 50 yards. That's inexcusable we need consistancy from that position and if were going with a new QB were setting him up to fail with the current crop of WR's.

    As much as I love Djax, him and Maclin are just redundant and IF, not saying we should, but if there is a WR in the draft projected top 5 with AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones projections then hell ya it would be worth taking then trading someone like Maclin since his contract is expiring and he probably has solid value.

    There are tons of teams who can use Maclin and his skill set, we are not one of them because we have a better version of him already.

    N I agree with you we should go BPA no matter what but it would suck if the BPA happens to be a defensive linemen because I feel going forward that is our strongest position.

    If Te'o can play outside then take him no questions asked. Put Jordan back in ST's where he's best used for and we have the sexiest LB core going forward.


    Quote Originally Posted by QuietWyatt View Post
    After being in the back end of the draft for a decade and whiffing on mid round picks like Bunkley and Graham, the lack of talent is an issue. You look at the 49ers, they have a plethora of top 10 picks, one of which had a monster game last night with 5.5 sacks. Its about time we draft top 10 talent.
    Cmon man how did we whiff on a guy who we haven't had the chance to see fully until this year. His first year he was near the top in pressures caused by a rookie then got hurt and this year is finally healthy again and has looked really productive every time he's been out there.

    Our D-line has 3 players already ready to go for the future in Curry-Cox-Graham.

    Bunkley though I totally agree with and Trevor Laws etc, Cox has been the first DT it looks like we've hit nicely on.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    True, i just thought the line was really good with with Peters and Herremans on the left side. We could shift Mathis over there. And also Runyan is coming out of retirement.LOL I told my wife to talk to him when he comes in to visit her place of work. That we need him bad. You never know
    our line was better with Mathis and Peters over there at Herremans at RT. If were set on moving him to guard, RG makes more sense.
    PSD's c_reinert

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    People are forgetting we had a top 5 OL IIRC last year, we lost the best offensive linemen last year so the humangous drop of isn't surprising. Everything will be fine next year, it's not as pressing a need as people make it out to be.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    ALso when your in the draft, you should always, i mean always draft the best possible player. Unless you need a QB.Then it maybe different.
    I hate when people say this. Its just not correct. If the best player on the board when we draft in the first round this upcoming draft is a RB, it would be asinine for us to take him.

    If the best player available is a QB when the packers pick, should they take him because hes the best player?

    Should the 49ers draft an ILB if thats the best available when they pick?

    And whos to say the best player isnt a FB, a Kicker or a Punter? They arent possitions that have draft value to justify picking them over other players especially if theres players you need at other spots more.

    If theres a position you need more than another and its in the same ball park of appropriate spot to take them, then you take them. If the best players available at your pick are all positions you are solid at, you should trade down.
    PSD's c_reinert

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    How is WR not a need, one week our WR's will both have 100 yards or one will have 100 while the other has 6+ receptions, then the other they both will go for like a combined 50 yards. That's inexcusable we need consistancy from that position and if were going with a new QB were setting him up to fail with the current crop of WR's.

    As much as I love Djax, him and Maclin are just redundant and IF, not saying we should, but if there is a WR in the draft projected top 5 with AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones projections then hell ya it would be worth taking then trading someone like Maclin since his contract is expiring and he probably has solid value.

    There are tons of teams who can use Maclin and his skill set, we are not one of them because we have a better version of him already.

    N I agree with you we should go BPA no matter what but it would suck if the BPA happens to be a defensive linemen because I feel going forward that is our strongest position.

    If Te'o can play outside then take him no questions asked. Put Jordan back in ST's where he's best used for and we have the sexiest LB core going forward.




    Cmon man how did we whiff on a guy who we haven't had the chance to see fully until this year. His first year he was near the top in pressures caused by a rookie then got hurt and this year is finally healthy again and has looked really productive every time he's been out there.

    Our D-line has 3 players already ready to go for the future in Curry-Cox-Graham.

    Bunkley though I totally agree with and Trevor Laws etc, Cox has been the first DT it looks like we've hit nicely on.
    Problem is there is no AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or Julio Jones...so far only 1 player is projected to go top 15 at WR. So for the Eagles to select a WR, which isnt a top priority, than it would not only be a reach but a wasted rare top pick. You cant have two 1sts and a 2nd invested in the SAME position, especially at WR...how could you justify that? Look around the NFL and you'll see very few teams have that set up if any...and for good reason
    Last edited by Synyster89; 11-20-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,759
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I hate when people say this. Its just not correct. If the best player on the board when we draft in the first round this upcoming draft is a RB, it would be asinine for us to take him. If the best player available is a QB when the packers pick, should they take him because hes the best player?

    Should the 49ers draft an ILB if thats the best available when they pick?

    And whos to say the best player isnt a FB, a Kicker or a Punter? They arent possitions that have draft value to justify picking them over other players especially if theres players you need at other spots more.

    If theres a position you need more than another and its in the same ball park of appropriate spot to take them, then you take them. If the best players available at your pick are all positions you are solid at, you should trade down.
    I disagree with you ONLY if the differnece in talent is substantial than picking BPA is a must...that is how you build a deep and complete team. Most of the NFL powers utilize this principle. You can also trade that player down the road as well to maximize that players value as well.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 11-20-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    I disagree with you ONLY if the differnece in talent is substantial than picking BPA is a must...that is how you build a deep and complete team. Most of the NFL powers utilize this principle. You can also trade that player down the road as well to maximize that players value as well.
    Right, but if the difference in talent is so substantial, your best option would be to trade away your current pick for a player that can also help your team or more lower draft picks to fill more holes
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 3 of 225 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •