Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Joeckel. There really isn't anyone else at the top of the draft that I feel like would make the Eagles a better team next year. No telling if Peters will ever be the same that and lack of depth on the oline killed this team this year. With what seems to be an excellent stable of RB's and a young pocket passing QB this pick makes the most sense.

vCash
    Hell, I'd take both Aggie tackles with their 1st two picks. Maybe the two safest picks they can make.

vCash
    all good teams build from the lines out. Defensively we are ok. Cox, Graham, Jenkins, Patterson, Cole, and Curry. O line we had a ton of injuries, but we didn't have a good RT. Herremans is a border line probowl guard. But as a tackle he is average. Peters and Joeckel would set this team up for a long time.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    Of course players' stock fluctuates but right now I think Manti Te'o would be something the Eagles need on defense.

Edit: Also looking at the draft order so far, I'd be happy if we selected Geno Smith 4th overall.
    Last edited by QuietWyatt; 12-18-2012 at 04:53 PM.

vCash
    Draft is very good in 4 Postions in the Top 3-4 Rounds
    OT,DT,LB and Safety and that’s about it

Eagles need to trade dead weight, and try to get some additional 2nd/3rd/4th/5th round Picks if they can, and stock up on quality players in each of these deep positions for the future.

The Draft is not very deep at all at QB,DE,CB and is considered only average at WR,TE, & RB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietWyatt View Post
    Of course players' stock fluctuates but right now I think Manti Te'o would be something the Eagles need on defense.

Edit: Also looking at the draft order so far, I'd be happy if we selected Geno Smith 4th overall.
    I'd start considering other teams if that happened.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    If the Eagles don't believe Peters will be the same, they should go Joeckel. Thing is, they still haven't started talks with DRC and for all we know they might get rid of Nnamdi. If we end up getting rid of both, we're going to need some replacements. Is Milliner worth a top 5 pick?

vCash
    Why dont we target a prove free agent tackle like we thought we did last year with Bell. Jake long and ryan clady are 2 proven good tackles. And just throw our money around at people and try to use our draft picks to rebuild our once unstoppable dfense and draft manti teo. You know that if we bring in a defensive minded coach hes gonna take teo. And for the safety position i really like mcdonald out of usc. Low risk big reward or maybe jarius bryd in free agency. People say he could become next dawkins or reed. Already in 60 games he has 18 INTs. Hes a really good last man standing to assure our dfense up. Who would want to play us if we had kendricks ryans and teo as our linebackers. Come on eagles please draft manti. I already have a custom eagles jersey in the cart with his name on it wearing the double 55 baby. Not one 5 like college but 2 for the big time. Deuces.

The eagles have 20.1 million dollars in cap space and with the departure of vick and drc i believe we will gain about another 20 million after vicks buyout fee or paying fee. So eagles have around 40 million in money to spend. Put about 5 million down for top 5 pick so 35 million to get a tackle safety and db. Im fine with that and drafting teo. Tackle 15 million. Safety 10 million decent db 10 million.
    Last edited by FLYERSFAN1994; 12-19-2012 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesRuleWorld View Post
    If the Eagles don't believe Peters will be the same, they should go Joeckel. Thing is, they still haven't started talks with DRC and for all we know they might get rid of Nnamdi. If we end up getting rid of both, we're going to need some replacements. Is Milliner worth a top 5 pick?
    Milliner is not worth a top 5 pick, I'd say fringe top 10. I'd be slightly upset if we took him, but he's a very safe pick. There's only one other guy that compares to Milliner though and that's Banks. He'll probably go top 15-20. After that there's a bunch of guys I see as late 2nd-early 4th rounders.

If I had to mock things right now I'd love to see...

1.) Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
    2.) Matt Elam S Florida
    3.) Bacarri Rambo S Georgia
    4.) Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida

Elam and Rambo are both vocal guys and would be a perfect duo for us. Jenkins I think will be a steal in the 4th round, he's got great instincts and awesome lateral speed. He battled some lingering injuries all through the year and I'm hoping it lets him fall to us.

vCash
    Draft a OT, Draft a Safety/Sign another safety and whatever after that I don't care.

vCash
    Taking Milliner would be a mistake just on the fact that they would be picking need over talent (assuming they stay around the 4th pick).

vCash

2013 Eagles Draft thread.

I want rambo in the 3rd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    I want rambo in the 3rd
    Well hopefully I'm right again. ray:

I had a near exact mock of the Eagles draft for the first 4 rounds last year. Rounds 5-7 are always a gamble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Well hopefully I'm right again. ray:

I had a near exact mock of the Eagles draft for the first 4 rounds last year. Rounds 5-7 are always a gamble.
    Well in that case give me the honey badger in the 4th lol...i never do mocks but i have players id like to have, in my mind i got us desean(sorry/your welcome), kurt coleman(i live in ohio never thought hed start lol), i secretly liked vick and nnamdi(always thought we were a dark horse, again sorry) so with that track record i try to avoid liking players lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    Well in that case give me the honey badger in the 4th lol...i never do mocks but i have players id like to have, in my mind i got us desean(sorry/your welcome), kurt coleman(i live in ohio never thought hed start lol), i secretly liked vick and nnamdi(always thought we were a dark horse, again sorry) so with that track record i try to avoid liking players lol
    Watching a lot of SEC football (as you might be able to tell from my mock haha), the last player I want on this squad is Mathieu. He's got a ton of character issues, and he's too small/slow to play either of the corners. There's a chance he could be worth the selection if used in a nickel role, but seeing as we already have Boykin there, there's no reason to pick the guy outside of special teams.

I like what Jackson has done for the team, but he needs to be paired with a big physical receiver (Dwayne Bowe would be a great fit) and god knows what happened to Maclin in that role.