Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Will his injuries be a thing that slows him down and affect him long term going forward??

Ya we need more play makers on defense, when Asante left we lost our best play maker which killed us a lot this year. That's why this Mathieu kid interests me a lot.

Tony Jefferson, safety out of Oklahoma it says he's a playmaker and ball hawk. How is he??

True but we need some names to watch for during these bowl games..
    This year is different from others, were tanking so we have to pay a lot of attention and watch our possible acquisitions
    Sorry, but I'm going to jump in on this one... I LOVE Tony Jefferson. He's a guy that is a perfect fit for both free and strong safety. He's fast enough to run down field with recievers, but also a very good blitzer. He likes to be used up in the box, and excels at it. He's very good in man coverage. His skill set translates well to covering the tight end. Most scouts say that his biggest strength is that he is extremly fast. He's got pretty good size, 5-11 215. Has ball hawk mentality, and knows how to play the QB against themselves. His speed allows him to break very quickly on the ball in air. I've read on a few websites that Jefferson is a very hard hitter in the open field, but is also a great wrap up tacklers. He's also considered by many as one of the "smartest" safetys in the class. He's rarely out of position, and also makes the right steps. It's safe to say, I REALLY like Jefferson. Could easily be had with our second round pick.

vCash
    like i have been saying trade down and you can get 2 of ....

Kenny Vaccaro - Tony Jefferson - Matt Elam - Eric Reid

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash

2013 Eagles Draft thread.

We want ricky!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    like i have been saying trade down and you can get 2 of ....

Kenny Vaccaro - Tony Jefferson - Matt Elam - Eric Reid
    Honestly I like the idea of grabbing Teo, and then getting Tony Jefferson. And then possibly moving back into the late second round ( if need be ) and getting T.J. McDonald a safety from USC. I like T.J A LOT. I think a backfield of he and Jefferson would create a top safety tandom for years. Both very talented, and both can play FS and SS, so they're interchangeable so to speak.

vCash
    listen I like Teo's voice, but I do not like him at all as an actual player. Hes an amazing freakishly crazy athlete but i see him as a much much better and more vocal Taylor Mays... Im not saying he will be like Mays or plays the same position clearly, but what Im saying is he just seems like a freak athlete that is over hyped.

I am going to get scolded for saying this but theres a lot of people I would take over Teo -

Gerald Hodges - Plays like 2 former Penn State grads... Navorro Bowman and Sean Lee and he can sack, tackle and cover...

C.J. Mosley - will be an awesome OLB for us.... better then TEO imo and just as vocal..

Im just not sold on TEO...

IF were going for BEST AVAILABLE give me Jarvis Jones!!!

vCash
    Jarvis Jones doesnt excite me like he does to other people and scouts. Im in no way a scout, but ive watched 3 Gerogia games this year, and watched him be completely man handled. He looks to be too small to play LB in the NFL. Ive watched him get blocked off the edge by tight ends, and then swallowed by tackles. Sure, he's a good athlete, but he lacks the phsical stregnth and I dont think hes amm X's and O's type of player. i only liked Teo so badly because i like his potential, and his athletic ability. But he's MUCh more polished than Mays was, and Mays was too talented to play any one position. He has no true worth, he's too big to play most spots he's better suited for, and too fast for others. A guy like Mays, and even Teo need to be used in a proper scheme. I just feel like if the Eagles get a half decent DC, then we can use Teo as an OLB and he'd thrive.

vCash
    Te'o is the latest product of the Notre Dame hype machine, they're like New York Yankee prospects. I completely agree FOP.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    trade down, try to get 2 first round pick or in the 2nd. There is not a single player who reallllly stands out in this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    trade down, try to get 2 first round pick or in the 2nd. There is not a single player who reallllly stands out in this draft.
    this is what im saying you can get 2 quality picks... 2 quality Safeties!!!

vCash
    Just found out that Jarvis Jones has spinal stenosis, which could hurt his stock in the draft.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    this is what im saying you can get 2 quality picks... 2 quality Safeties!!!
    It depends where our first round pick end up being, because id rather have the better talent than more bodies... but its all relative to where they pick because their may be better value picking later with numerous pick...TBD.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    I dont know about Jones in the first with our pick....but he's worth a shot if he falls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weststar11 View Post
    Sorry, but I'm going to jump in on this one... I LOVE Tony Jefferson. He's a guy that is a perfect fit for both free and strong safety. He's fast enough to run down field with recievers, but also a very good blitzer. He likes to be used up in the box, and excels at it. He's very good in man coverage. His skill set translates well to covering the tight end. Most scouts say that his biggest strength is that he is extremly fast. He's got pretty good size, 5-11 215. Has ball hawk mentality, and knows how to play the QB against themselves. His speed allows him to break very quickly on the ball in air. I've read on a few websites that Jefferson is a very hard hitter in the open field, but is also a great wrap up tacklers. He's also considered by many as one of the "smartest" safetys in the class. He's rarely out of position, and also makes the right steps. It's safe to say, I REALLY like Jefferson. Could easily be had with our second round pick.
    Tony Jefferson is a kind of corner that fits perfectly with Drc and boykins because of his willingness to abuse his body while the ball is in the air.....if we could nag him and steal away jarius Byrd from the bills our secondary is at least not a weakness any more....

vCash
    What do you guys think about the honey badger in like the 4th round

props to fanofphilly for the amazing sig

vCash
    Whoever Team Young is in the ESPN fantasy league, congrats on beating me after tonight's game, you have a beast team!