Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    vCash
    the secondary is a mess. while we are giving guys a chance to play the rest of the year, i'd like to see some colt anderson. i know he doesn't have all of the measurables, but there is something to be said for a guy who is always flying around the ball. if there are any two guys who deserve to be benched this year, it is allen and coleman. you can't make those mistakes game in and game out with no consequences. what kind of message does that send?

vCash
    Regardless of what has happened this season, if you paid attention you saw the O-line reserves play very well considering the circumstances. That said, if Peters, Herrimans and Kelce are back to form, their biggest areas of need are a big receiver for the red zone and defensive backfield. Look at the best teams in the league, Green Bay, Houston and Atlanta, and they all have a 6'5" WR that thrives in the red zone and has deep ball ability. After that, a big play safety and CB help are definite needs. Vick, Nnamdi and Cole will likely be gone, so there is going to be plenty of cap space to draft well and sign key YOUNG core free agents. I still think Andy is a good coach but there is no way Lurie keeps him, and Roseman is just as responsible for this roster, he needs to go as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    That's how he plays most of the time.. He's very good in coverage but he doesn't tackle or seem to show much extra effort.
    Sounds like a mini Asante to me without the limitations and better speed lol.
    He should do what Peterson does in Arz, bait the QB a bit and use his speed to break up passes.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This is the part I thought I was remembering incorrectly. I have always felt that although he wasn't the most physical, he didn't shy away from contact. I was wrong.
    He doesn't he just gets manhandled. It's like Djax trying to break a tackle, he tried but doesn't have the strength to do it.

Btw I saw Marsh on the field with the defense a couple times but it was near the end of the play so I didn't see where he played, was he given reps at safety??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Trade down!!!!1111111111

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    I dont think trading down is the answer. Some of our main holes can be filled quite easily during the draft. A top 5 pick sould be able to net us Teo, who easily becomes a physical presence and an impact leading and solidifies our LB core. Or if we manage to win a game or two, but stay in the topo ten we draft a guy like DeMarcus Milliner CB from Alabama. Then with an early selection in the second round we get nab a good safty( Eric Reid, Bacari Rambo, Kenny Vaccaro, Mat Elam, T.J. McDonald should all be there in the early second round. Apart from one or two guys. ) Tony Jefferson, Bacarri Rambo, Robert Lester, Shawn Williams, and Phillip Thomas should all be available during the third round selection. So ideally, we can completely transfor the Defence in the first three picks, and if we're able to sell high or combine some picks, we may be able to grab another top 3 round selection. I know it's not madden, so im not even to going to act like I know the ins and outs of trades. I just know there is some talent in this draft that I'd really like...

vCash
    My ideal three round draft would be: Manti teo' in the top 5, or Milliner in the top 10. Then with the early second round pick grab T.J Mcdonald ( reminds me a lot of Dawkins ), but only if Elam and Vaccaro are off the board. Then in the third round I'd honestly draft another Safety, I like Tony Jefferson or Baccari Rambo at that spot. This way we give no excuses for blown coverages next year, and we also sure up either the LB spot, or the CB spot with some talented youth... What do you guys think?

vCash
    No to Milner. Saban CBs fail in the nfl

vCash
    LS your disappointing this year, start listing names like you always do of some hidden gems, that no ones been hyping up.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I know you asked last stand, but these are some of the guys I like

Phillip Thomas, CB, Fresno St.
    Kaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
    Mike Mauti, ILB, Penn State, he's hurt with another knee injury but as a late round pick (6 or 7) he's worth the gamble, he's a natural leader
    Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia; getting a little love in here, but not as much nationally
    Ray Graham, RB, Pittsburgh, (oddly enough, he's Kaseem Greene's brother)

vCash
    Hey I dont care who it is, the more the names to research the merrier. I said LS because I'm used to seeing him constantly do it, but I'll remember you to.

I think were fine at RB for a while. Can that Mauti guy play WLB for us??

Are either of those safeties good ball hawks?

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Thomas is actually a corner, and yeah he's got a nose for the ball. He plays in the MWC so he won't get as much respect as Milliner or Banks but he had 8 picks this year on a pretty strong defense.

Rambo seems more like a hitter than a ball hawk, but he should force some fumbles. (Eagles only have 8 forced fumbles all year, and only recovered 2, for comparisons sake, the Patriots, who also aren't a great defense, have forced 34 fumbles and have recovered 19; stats according to Brian Baldinger)

Mauti probably could play any LB spot, but he's definitely a natural ILB and that's where he'd be best. Again, he's coming off his second or even third knee injury so I'm just hoping he can play again, and the earliest I see him coming to true form would be middle of next season.

vCash

Eagles #1 Overall Pick?

I don't have time to post often, but thought I'd get this thread out there. It's sort of a combo of everything but whatever...

A couple things I'd like to get out of the way:

1) This will go down as one of the most underwhelming seasons ever from a preseason contender.

2) A lot of things/roster moves will depend completely on the coach that replaces Reid.

3) With the recent emergence of Bryce Brown, I think we can see a strong potential of a 2 back system with him and McCoy with the right minded coach.

4) I'm not sold on Nick Foles yet but he might have to be my answer for QB by default because I don't necessarily buy into the Geno Smith/Matt Barkley options as Top 10 picks with the other talent on the board.

5) The potential of us getting the #1 overall pick maybe isn't "likely" but it's entirely possible. Buc's, Bengals, Giants, Skins...all possible losses for us and all fighting for playoff spots.

The scenario I want to present is this...IF we were to get the #1 overall pick, who would you take and what strategy would you want this team to take on?

Personally, this is what I would like to see:

**New Head coach with a defensive, ground and pound, emotional/will get mad at refs or players for their mistakes, type of mentality. Cut Aso. Gotta fill that and you already might lose DRC to free agency.

**Implement a 2 RB system. keeps McCoy our star back fresh and Bryce Brown gets to stay on the field despite McCoy's return. This also opens up the deep ball more which helps DeSean (who we just locked up).

**The offensive line is atrocious, but with a 2 back system and run 1st/gritty defense mentality..I pass on going after Offensive Line early in the draft. I go after Defense.

**I'd want 1 of 3 guys with the #1 overall pick: Star Lotulelei, Jarvis Jones, Manti Te'o. I like our direction with cutting Babin and the growing signs that Brandon Graham could be a solid player for us. By going with Lotulelei you get VERY tough in the middle and sure that up for years to come with Cox. He's also phenomenal against the Run. If you go with Manti Te'o you add a leader on your defense, that brings a toughness to your crew. Also, you could keep Ryans there, and snag Jones and with him and Kendricks on the outsides...that adds a pretty fierce duo.

**2nd Rd: I stick with my guns and go defense again. Not worth really throwing around names but if a quality secondary player is available you go with that. If not, you go after LB or DL whichever you didnt take in the first.

Free Agents: Might be crazy but also would be fairly cheap I'd think. If Nick Foles isnt looking like the right answer with a very weak QB class and free agent market...Matt Moore might not be a bad look. He shows glimpses of a competitive leader and with a new scheme heavy on the run, this takes pressure off. Offensive Line and Secondary- there's some very big names floating around. This is where I would like to see us make a splash with our cash. Guys like Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Brent Grimes, Jairus Byrd, and others.

This season has been horrible. tragic. devastating. However you wanna phrase it, we need a whole new look. These are the right changes in my book. Let me know your thoughts.

vCash
    Lol I usually start listing names after the season is over. Even this season I have to wait because you have to see which juniors leave and which redshirt sophomores leave as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Thomas is actually a corner, and yeah he's got a nose for the ball. He plays in the MWC so he won't get as much respect as Milliner or Banks but he had 8 picks this year on a pretty strong defense.

Rambo seems more like a hitter than a ball hawk, but he should force some fumbles. (Eagles only have 8 forced fumbles all year, and only recovered 2, for comparisons sake, the Patriots, who also aren't a great defense, have forced 34 fumbles and have recovered 19; stats according to Brian Baldinger)

Mauti probably could play any LB spot, but he's definitely a natural ILB and that's where he'd be best. Again, he's coming off his second or even third knee injury so I'm just hoping he can play again, and the earliest I see him coming to true form would be middle of next season.
    Will his injuries be a thing that slows him down and affect him long term going forward??

Ya we need more play makers on defense, when Asante left we lost our best play maker which killed us a lot this year. That's why this Mathieu kid interests me a lot.

Tony Jefferson, safety out of Oklahoma it says he's a playmaker and ball hawk. How is he??

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Lol I usually start listing names after the season is over. Even this season I have to wait because you have to see which juniors leave and which redshirt sophomores leave as well
    True but we need some names to watch for during these bowl games..
    This year is different from others, were tanking so we have to pay a lot of attention and watch our possible acquisitions
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 12-05-2012 at 11:06 PM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Will his injuries be a thing that slows him down and affect him long term going forward??

Ya we need more play makers on defense, when Asante left we lost our best play maker which killed us a lot this year. That's why this Mathieu kid interests me a lot.

Tony Jefferson, safety out of Oklahoma it says he's a playmaker and ball hawk. How is he??
    Mauti's knee issues depend mostly on how badly he wants to make it, I just read that he's been approved for a 6th NCAA season though, so I guess he might not come out this year. Physically he should be fine, guys are coming back more and more from ACL, MCL, PCL injuries, so as long as the cartilage isn't damaged he could and should be fine. Adrian Peterson had ACL surgery in January and is leading the NFL in rushing. Danario Alexander has had 5 knee surgeries in the past 4 years and he looks better now than ever. I can add some personal experience as I'm recovering from ACL surgery at the moment. It's only been about 3 months and I should be running in the next week or two. I'm no where near the athlete that these guys are, so physically he should come back fine even though this is his third (2 left, 1 right) knee injury. I'd be more worried about him mentally to be honest, just because you don't trust yourself doing anything on that leg at first. But he's come back twice so he knows how it all works.

Mathieu comes with risk though because of the off-field issues, plus he's small. Like the same size as Boykin. If they don't plan on moving Boykin into a bigger role it's not so bad, but to have two guys at 5'9 in the defensive backfield you're looking at problems with guys like Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, etc. He's a first round talent, but a middle round pick because of the off-field stuff and he hasn't played in over a year. Someone is going to reach on him though, someone has to. There's too much potential not to.

Don't know much about Jefferson sorry.