Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Pouncey: You just said that Bulaga was a "top 10 pick". There was also Sean Weatherspoon and Gronkowski

Nicks: James Laurinaitis, Jarius Byrd, Lesean McCoy

JPP: Iupati, Pouncey, Bulaga (if he was supposedly a top 10 pick), Weatherspoon, Gronkowski
    how are laurinaitis and byrd better than nicks. how was mccoy even close to better than nicks during the draft. he slipped into the 2nd for a reason

how were/are iupati, bulaga, weatherspoon or gronk better than JPP

sean weatherspoon or gronk over pouncey who was considered one of the best interior lineman to enter the draft in years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    how are laurinaitis and byrd better than nicks. how was mccoy even close to better than nicks during the draft. he slipped into the 2nd for a reason

how were/are iupati, bulaga, weatherspoon or gronk better than JPP

sean weatherspoon or gronk over pouncey who was considered one of the best interior lineman to enter the draft in years.
    Laurinaitis, Byrd and McCoy are some of the very best at their position, Nicks is a middle of the road #1 WR.

Weatherspoon, Gronk and Iupati are arguably the best at their respective positions, JPP is not.

Sean Weatherspoon and Gronk were both the best to enter the draft at their positions. Steelers picked a player from a position they needed.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    so lets just acquire all 1st rnd picks

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Laurinaitis, Byrd and McCoy are some of the very best at their position, Nicks is a middle of the road #1 WR.

Weatherspoon, Gronk and Iupati are arguably the best at their respective positions, JPP is not.

Sean Weatherspoon and Gronk were both the best to enter the draft at their positions. Steelers picked a player from a position they needed.
    revisionist history.

first of all mccoy is great now. back then he was considered a change of pace back. byrd was considered a decent safety prospect and laurinaitis was considered a solid LB prospect. Nicks was considered by many to be fighting to be the best WR in the draft.

weatherspoon, gronk were not what they are considered now, back during the draft. iupati was considered a gamble because he played at a small school. JPP was the premier athlete at his position and was fighting for #1 at his position.

pouncey is the best center in the NFL, and was the best interior lineman in the draft. weatherspoon and gronk were not what they are considered now, back then

vCash
    I know hindsight is 20/20 and I certainly wasn't upset with it at the time, but we picked Nate Allen over Gronk. Always fun to go back and look at those things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    revisionist history.

first of all mccoy is great now. back then he was considered a change of pace back. byrd was considered a decent safety prospect and laurinaitis was considered a solid LB prospect. Nicks was considered by many to be fighting to be the best WR in the draft.

weatherspoon, gronk were not what they are considered now, back during the draft. iupati was considered a gamble because he played at a small school. JPP was the premier athlete at his position and was fighting for #1 at his position.

pouncey is the best center in the NFL, and was the best interior lineman in the draft. weatherspoon and gronk were not what they are considered now, back then
    Weatherspoon was seen as the best LB in the draft by a mile as well as a rare talent.

Iupati was considered by many to be the best interior OL prospect, as was Anthony Davis who could also play Guard.

And so what if Nicks was considered possibly the best at his position, he wasnt the best player available. Which again you prove my point that they drafted based on a position of need.

Pouncey isnt the best center in the NFL.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    All I see being proven,is the fact that once again the draft is far from a perfect science.It pays to have the best scouting possible but,luck plays a huge factor as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    All I see being proven,is the fact that once again the draft is far from a perfect science.It pays to have the best scouting possible but,luck plays a huge factor as well.
    Point I am trying to make is that its dumb to draft the best player available. And no successful team in the NFL actually does that. You arent going to draft a QB in the first round if you have a long term QB just because hes the "best player" on the board. You take players at positions you need. If the value isnt there when its your time to pick, you trade down.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Picking a positional need is usually a bad idea. Especially at positions like safety..

It's not surprising that teams who mostly go BPA in the draft come away with the most talent and depth all around.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Picking a positional need is usually a bad idea. Especially at positions like safety..

It's not surprising that teams who mostly go BPA in the draft come away with the most talent and depth all around.
    No one drafts BPA. Especially not early rounds. Every team drafts based on need. Every team. What are these teams who go BPA? So far people have given 4 examples and clearly all were false
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    I know hindsight is 20/20 and I certainly wasn't upset with it at the time, but we picked Nate Allen over Gronk. Always fun to go back and look at those things.
    I hate you.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    If it makes you feel better we took Daniel Te'o-Nesheim over Jimmy Graham.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Weatherspoon was seen as the best LB in the draft by a mile as well as a rare talent.

Iupati was considered by many to be the best interior OL prospect, as was Anthony Davis who could also play Guard.

And so what if Nicks was considered possibly the best at his position, he wasnt the best player available. Which again you prove my point that they drafted based on a position of need.

Pouncey isnt the best center in the NFL.
    Weatherspoon was rumored to fall out of the first round because he was a 4-3 LB and not a "rare talent".

Bulaga was constantly mocked in the top 10.

Iupati was rarely mocked in the top 30.

Pouncey was being mocked in the top 15 picks consistently.

JPP was being mocked in the top 20 consistently.

Revisionist history all around right here. Just...google "2010 mock draft". Go see where these guys were being mocked.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    I hope we take geno smith and pray he becomes some what like rg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk6 View Post
    I hope we take geno smith and pray he becomes some what like rg
    RGIII ran a 4.41 40. Geno Smith ran a 4.78 40. They are not the same player at all.