Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i don't agree 100% with taking jarvis jones, but i will say drafting for need is a mistake. that's how you end up with danny watkins

lets just draft the best football player period unless he is truly at a position we have no use for him at, like RB. otherwise lets not pass over blue chip players because we are decent at positions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    i don't agree 100% with taking jarvis jones, but i will say drafting for need is a mistake. that's how you end up with danny watkins

lets just draft the best football player period unless he is truly at a position we have no use for him at, like RB. otherwise lets not pass over blue chip players because we are decent at positions
    Danny Watkins wasnt a draft for need. There were better OL on the board, it was a bad player evaluation.

Drafting by need is the logical way to go. No team actually just drafts best player available. It doesn't make sense, you draft to either improve your team, or to set them up for the future, i.e. "needs"
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash

I agree 100%... I'm not saying Jones is the best player, he's just one of the players I would consider at our pick, instead of drafting for need. He's talented just like Loeckel, Star, & Teo and if they take anyone of them i'll be happy there Eagels!

Lets go Knicks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Juelz36 View Post
    I agree 100%... I'm not saying Jones is the best player, he's just one of the players I would consider at our pick, instead of drafting for need. He's talented just like Loeckel, Star, & Teo and if they take anyone of them i'll be happy there Eagels!
    But if he actually is right there with Loeckel and Teo, then why take him instead of either of those two when those are players that actually are need positions for this team?
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Danny Watkins wasnt a draft for need. There were better OL on the board, it was a bad player evaluation.

Drafting by need is the logical way to go. No team actually just drafts best player available. It doesn't make sense, you draft to either improve your team, or to set them up for the future, i.e. "needs"
    that's not true at all. the eagles needed a guard. there were other tackles on the board not guards. the eagles needed one and took the guard they deemed best available.

there were better players available. teams make mistakes drafting purely for need. teams that have hits draft BPA

vCash
    that's not true at all. the eagles needed a guard. there were other tackles on the board not guards. the eagles needed one and took the guard they deemed best available.

there were better players available. teams make mistakes drafting purely for need. teams that have hits draft BPA
    Watkins was a Tackle in college. Gabe Carimi was available, he can also play Guard, James Carpenter (who now plays Guard) was available, Stefen Wisniewski who can play guard was available, Orlando Franklin who can play guard was available.

And name one team in the NFL who is currently successful, that drafts BPA and not need based
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Pittsburgh does.

vCash
    Giants does

vCash
    pittsburgh, new york giants, baltimore, green bay to an extent

vCash
    It also depends where you are in the draft. Now if you are an 0-16 team with no QB and a good QB is there, of course you are going QB. But if you are the Eagles and you have alot of holes. Drafting the best player that fills one of you many holes is what you should do early on. But after the 2nd/3rd round you have to go BPA.

vCash
    pittsburgh, new york giants, baltimore, green bay to an extent
    Pittsburgh: Pouncey, DeCastro, Pouncey, Heyward, Wallace, Brown, Hood, Adams,

New York: Prince, JPP, Austin, Wilson, Nicks, Sintim, Beaty

Baltimore: Jimmy Smith, Torey Smith, Michael Oher, Kindle, Cody, Kruger, Upshaw, Osemele,

Green Bay: Mathews, Raaji, Sherrod, Bulaga, Worthy, Perry

All were all recent 1st and 2nd round picks at positions of need
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Pittsburgh: Pouncey, DeCastro, Pouncey, Heyward, Wallace, Brown, Hood, Adams,

New York: Prince, JPP, Austin, Wilson, Nicks, Sintim, Beaty

Baltimore: Jimmy Smith, Torey Smith, Michael Oher, Kindle, Cody, Kruger, Upshaw, Osemele,

Green Bay: Mathews, Raaji, Sherrod, Bulaga, Worthy, Perry

All were all recent 1st and 2nd round picks at positions of need
    pouncey is arguably the best player at his position in the league, decastro was considered top 10 talent

prince was a top 10 talent, JPP was a luxury pick they had tuck and osi playing at a high level with mathias. . Nicks was neck and neck with maclin for best on the board at that point.

matthews was considered best on the board left, as was raji and bulaga who was a top 10 pick who slipped into the 20s

those were all picks of BPA. you can spin it into those teams reaching for need but that'd be false

vCash
    pouncey is arguably the best player at his position in the league, decastro was considered top 10 talent

prince was a top 10 talent, JPP was a luxury pick they had tuck and osi playing at a high level with mathias. . Nicks was neck and neck with maclin for best on the board at that point.

matthews was considered best on the board left, as was raji and bulaga who was a top 10 pick who slipped into the 20s

those were all picks of BPA. you can spin it into those teams reaching for need but that'd be false
    You just said Pouncey was the best player at his position, He wasnt the best player available... They drafted the best player at a position they were notoriously terrible at sure sounds like addressing a need to me...

JPP was not a luxury, Osi was constantly in contract limbo, and he couldnt play the run and they wanted Mathias as a LB. And so what if Nicks was neck and neck with Maclin? They still drafted WR, which was a position of need.

Bulaga was never considered a top 10 pick...

I never once said they were reaching for those players. What I am saying is that they NEEDED players at those positions, they werent drafting BPA.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    You just said Pouncey was the best player at his position, He wasnt the best player available... They drafted the best player at a position they were notoriously terrible at sure sounds like addressing a need to me...

JPP was not a luxury, Osi was constantly in contract limbo, and he couldnt play the run and they wanted Mathias as a LB. And so what if Nicks was neck and neck with Maclin? They still drafted WR, which was a position of need.

Bulaga was never considered a top 10 pick...

I never once said they were reaching for those players. What I am saying is that they NEEDED players at those positions, they werent drafting BPA.
    huh? who was better than pouncey when the steelers picked. Dez bryant? that's the only arguable player

who was better than nicks at 29. noone

who was better than JPP at 15. noone

find me players that were actually considered better where these players were drafted. these were the BPA

vCash
    huh? who was better than pouncey when the steelers picked. Dez bryant? that's the only arguable player

who was better than nicks at 29. noone

who was better than JPP at 15. noone

find me players that were actually considered better where these players were drafted. these were the BPA
    Pouncey: You just said that Bulaga was a "top 10 pick". There was also Sean Weatherspoon and Gronkowski

Nicks: James Laurinaitis, Jarius Byrd, Lesean McCoy

JPP: Iupati, Pouncey, Bulaga (if he was supposedly a top 10 pick), Weatherspoon, Gronkowski
    PSD's c_reinert