Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 3361
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Here's an interesting topic: since we will likely be picking in the top 3 and will be able to get anyone we want (ie Joeckel). Do we consider trading Peters away? Injury questions, age, cost all factor in. We would be left with:

    Joeckel - Mathis - Kelce - Herremans - Kelly

    Not bad. Wonder what we could get for him. Considering this draft has its value at the positions we need outside the first round, we could stock up on mid round picks and add Safeties, WLB, TE, WR, CB
    never. he will be a lil off in the beginning but then he should be playing at a high level by end of the season and btw haven't you learned anything from this season, we have no depth at alot of positions and need reliable players.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,861
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    What ever happened to Landry Jones? I remember people talking about as the next big QB to come out in the near future. Last Stand, you're needed.
    I personally don't like him. Some people do because he's huge with a nice arm. I always thought he was inaccurate and made a ton of bad reads

    Ryan Broyles gets hurt and landry jones went in the tank.

    Running a real pass heavy offense he hasn't put the numbers up that he should. I think he has potential to jump into the first because physically he's impressive. 6-4 and not a statue with a good arm.

    I personally would never take him in the first

    This qb class is much less hyped than last year and I really don't see it taking shape until the guys workout and throw for people.

    If Barkley shows an arm better than what people say he has he'll jump because intangible wise he's got it all

    If geno shows he isn't goofy legged and able to read a defense he'll jump

    If Tyler wilson shows he has all of the attributes he looks o have he'll jump

    Then you have the juniors who may or may not come out like bray and Murray who are both gifted but flawed. I like Murray's toughness though and production

    It's actually a very deep qb class, but no clear cut #1, yet. That changes once the qbs start throwing for nfl teams and interviewing

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    What about that Murray guy from Georgia. I watched him this saturday and dude looked really nice. Accurate, love his back shoulder throws, its hard to ever pick this guy off because he looks deceptive with his eyes.

    Another thing i recognized was the way he is in the pocked and the way he throws hes exactly like Drew Brees. I wish I knew how to get a side by side video of both of them next to each other its so similar.



    No wayyyyyyyy to far. I wouldn't trade out of the top 10 unless its a massive package where we get another teams first next year and second this year.

    Its an interesting notion but he's only 30 and i think he can be elite level until his contract is up in a couple years. But getting fair value for him would be tough and after what took place this year, I think keeping him would be the best idea.

    Can this Joeckel kid step in right away and be effective from the start like Kalil from last year?? If he can then I can understand but if he needs a year or so to get used to the game and becoming really good then its pointless.
    He'll be 31 going in to next season and turn 32 right at the end of it, so even if he came back at the exact same level, we can only realistically expect another year or two out of him. Of course I hope its the case, but its a big question if he comes back after TWO Achilles tears, which is a major injury, often career ending. Even outside of the Achilles tears, Peters is injured frequently.

    Most top tackles in the draft are able to come in and start right away. Its one of the safest and most reliable positions in recent draft history. I really doubt a top tier prospect like Joeckel wont be able to help us right off the bat

    Matt Kalil
    Tyron Smith
    Nate Solder
    Anthony Costanzo
    James Carpenter
    Gabe Carimi
    Trent Williams
    Russell Okung
    Anthony Davis
    Bryan Bulaga
    Eugene Monroe
    Michael Oher
    Jake Long
    Ryan Clady
    Chris Williams
    Brandon Albert
    Gosder Cherilus
    Sam Baker
    Duane Brown
    Joe Thomas
    Joe Staley

    All first round tackles that came in and started right away. I can only think of 3 maybe 4 in that same time frame that didn't work out. Like I said, its probably the most consistent and least risky position to draft.
    PSD's c_reinert

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    never. he will be a lil off in the beginning but then he should be playing at a high level by end of the season and btw haven't you learned anything from this season, we have no depth at alot of positions and need reliable players.
    You realize the argument I am making is to add cap room and draft picks so that we can add depth and reliable players... right?
    PSD's c_reinert

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,395
    vCash
    1500
    If we're picking in the top 3... The prospects i would consider is:
    1. Jarvis Jones - He could be our Von Miller. He can rush the qb, play the run and i've seen him drop back into coverage... I think he is the best defensive player in the draft... Look how Von Miller changed Denver's defense dynamic... He is a special player who it'll be hard to pass up.
    2. Luke Joeckel- Best tackle in the draft. He'll fill a hole on this o-line. Provides depth with him moving to Rt then Kelly goes to the bench. He is a very good pass and run blocker.
    3. Star Lotulelei- Best Dt. Similar to Haloti Nagta. Big guy with quickness.. Can move the pocket... Him and Cox at the Dt postion would be hard to protect against especially with Thorton rotating in and out. Also we can transition to the 3-4 with him, if we decide to go that route with a new D coordinator

    Lets go Knicks!

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,395
    vCash
    1500
    Did anyone else hear Adam Sheftler say on NFL32, there is a likely chance that Jake Long could make it to free agency ala Mario Williams... If that's the case we got to after him hard, just saying.

    Lets go Knicks!

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Juelz36 View Post
    If we're picking in the top 3... The prospects i would consider is:
    1. Jarvis Jones - He could be our Von Miller. He can rush the qb, play the run and i've seen him drop back into coverage... I think he is the best defensive player in the draft... Look how Von Miller changed Denver's defense dynamic... He is a special player who it'll be hard to pass up.
    2. Luke Joeckel- Best tackle in the draft. He'll fill a hole on this o-line. Provides depth with him moving to Rt then Kelly goes to the bench. He is a very good pass and run blocker.
    3. Star Lotulelei- Best Dt. Similar to Haloti Nagta. Big guy with quickness.. Can move the pocket... Him and Cox at the Dt postion would be hard to protect against especially with Thorton rotating in and out. Also we can transition to the 3-4 with him, if we decide to go that route with a new D coordinator
    or we dont take #1 or #3, use the pick on Joeckel or trade down and not switch the the 4-3 and add holes on the team we wouldnt have otherwise
    PSD's c_reinert

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    166
    vCash
    1500
    We honestly shouldn't get a QB until the back end of the draft. Watching Foles he seemed much more comfortable against the Cowboys than he has been previous. He's starting the rest of the year and with more seasoning comes a better product. This guy is gonna be a beast soon.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    or we dont take #1 or #3, use the pick on Joeckel or trade down and not switch the the 4-3 and add holes on the team we wouldnt have otherwise
    But they can both play the 4-3... Look at Von MiLLER, absolute Beast... Von Miller and Jarvis Jones are similar players. Denver didn't change from a 4-3 to 3-4 and they remained a 4-3 and still took Von Miller, who many experts said was a 3-4 olb and do you think Denver regrets taking him? HELL NO... Jarvis Jones can play the run, he cant sure has hell rush the passer, and i seen him drop in coverage and play it well. Star is a beast of a DT, that can play both in a 4-3 and a 3-4. Many see him playing a 3-4 because of his size but he is a versatile DT that plays the run and is quick he enough to rush the passer!

    Lets go Knicks!

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,203
    vCash
    1500
    I haven't started my annual studying of the draft prospects as much as I would have liked yet, but from what I've seen, Jarvis Jones is no Von Miller. And I'm talking college Von Miller, not NFL Von Miller. I know experts are hyping the crap outta this kid, but from my initial review of him, I'm not impressed to the point of spending a top 3 pick on him. But maybe I just haven't watched enough of him.

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Juelz36 View Post
    Did anyone else hear Adam Sheftler say on NFL32, there is a likely chance that Jake Long could make it to free agency ala Mario Williams... If that's the case we got to after him hard, just saying.
    It would be a gamble. He's got that arm injury that may keep him out the rest of the year and he's already making 11 million so I would assume he would want more as a free agent. Unless we can move him to RT (would he be good there?) Peters is making 10 mill next year and 9 the year after. I'd rather keep him and hope he returns to form and salary than replace him with Long unless like I said he can play RT.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,861
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    I haven't started my annual studying of the draft prospects as much as I would have liked yet, but from what I've seen, Jarvis Jones is no Von Miller. And I'm talking college Von Miller, not NFL Von Miller. I know experts are hyping the crap outta this kid, but from my initial review of him, I'm not impressed to the point of spending a top 3 pick on him. But maybe I just haven't watched enough of him.
    I like jones, don't like him as a 4-3 backer. He wasn't very good playing a 4-3 at USC though he was only a freshman

    Once he played a 3-4 at Georgia he exploded.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Juelz36 View Post
    But they can both play the 4-3... Look at Von MiLLER, absolute Beast... Von Miller and Jarvis Jones are similar players. Denver didn't change from a 4-3 to 3-4 and they remained a 4-3 and still took Von Miller, who many experts said was a 3-4 olb and do you think Denver regrets taking him? HELL NO... Jarvis Jones can play the run, he cant sure has hell rush the passer, and i seen him drop in coverage and play it well. Star is a beast of a DT, that can play both in a 4-3 and a 3-4. Many see him playing a 3-4 because of his size but he is a versatile DT that plays the run and is quick he enough to rush the passer!
    Jarvis Jones is no Von Miller. Also, the Broncos run a hybrid 4-3 sort of scheme that Von Miller fits in very well, Oakland and New England have done the same sort of thing. We do not currently run that. Von Miller also actually played LB in the 4-3 extensively, both early in his college career as well as in High school, Jones has not. Also, just because you have seen Jarvis Jones drop back in coverage, doesnt mean he is good at it. I have seen Casey Hampton, the Steelers NT, drop back in coverage, doesnt mean he can actually cover or should be playing WILL in a 4-3 defense.

    As far as Star. Sure, hes an excellent prospect, he will be effective in either scheme. Im not denying that. The problem is, why switch to a 3-4 where we need 3 good DTs, and have to add Star with a top 3 pick. When instead, we could stick with a 4-3, where we only need 2 good DTs, which we already have? Then we can spend that draft pick on a player who will fill a hole this team already has. As opposed to changing schemes, having to take Star with that first pick, and still having that same hole we had before?
    Last edited by c_reinert; 12-03-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    PSD's c_reinert

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    I haven't started my annual studying of the draft prospects as much as I would have liked yet, but from what I've seen, Jarvis Jones is no Von Miller. And I'm talking college Von Miller, not NFL Von Miller. I know experts are hyping the crap outta this kid, but from my initial review of him, I'm not impressed to the point of spending a top 3 pick on him. But maybe I just haven't watched enough of him.
    I've watched both of them and there not exactly the same player but there very similar. Both are great athletes, explosive rushers, both wraps up well, and can cover. Von Miller was used more in coverage and is better than Jones but Jones can cover and will improve after continuing to learn coverage. Jones does need to bulk up but that will come in time like all nfl players. I'm not saying Jones is our absolute pick at whatever but i'm not throwing him to the waste side because he's only viewed as a 3-4 olb when he can play the 4-3 and with the right D coordinator be the force like how Von Miller is
    Last edited by Juelz36; 12-03-2012 at 07:26 PM.

    Lets go Knicks!

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Juelz36 View Post
    I've watched both of them and there not exactly the same player but there very similar. Both are great athletes, explosive rushers, both wraps up well, and can cover. Von Miller was used more in coverage and is better than Jones but Jones can cover and will improve after continuing to learn coverage. Jones does need to bulk up but that will come in time like all nfl players. I'm not saying Jones is our absolute pick at whatever but i'm not throwing him to the waste side because he's only viewed as a 3-4 olb when he can play the 4-3 and with the right D coordinator be the force like how Von Miller is
    We still have much, much bigger needs than LB. There are plenty of very good LBs (who fit our scheme) that will be available later in the draft. Its not worth wasting the pick on him if it means we will have to go into next season with King Dunlap, Kurt Coleman, Nate Allen, Jake Scott or Danny Watkins in the starting lineup
    PSD's c_reinert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •