Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 225 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 3361
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bernabeu
    Posts
    1,870
    vCash
    1500
    Manti teo

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    In a perfect world I would want Jarvis Jones hands down or Manti Te'o. Like a previous poster mentioned we need a playmaker on defense AND a leader as well...Jones or Te'o would be both. I wouldn't mind Joeckel/Lewan/Warmack if they aren't available. But BPA is a must in a shallow draft, have to utilize picking that high o the absolute max!
    Last edited by Synyster89; 11-20-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,878
    vCash
    1500
    Eagles really don't need an offensive lineman that badly. I hope most people realize that 4/5 of their starting OL is injured and the one guy who is playing is the best guard in the league. Who would normally be playing next to the best tackle in the league. That's the left side of the line. Jason Kelce is considered one of the best young centers in the league and Todd Herremans is a very solid RT. RG is definitely a weak spot but I doubt they give up on Watkins this soon. Defense is definitely where I would go with the top pick unless they can find a way to trade up for a QB. Jarvis Jones is the guy I would want as an Eagles fan. He looks like the next Von Miller to me.

    Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,584
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesJackson10 View Post
    Eagles really don't need an offensive lineman that badly. I hope most people realize that 4/5 of their starting OL is injured and the one guy who is playing is the best guard in the league. Who would normally be playing next to the best tackle in the league. That's the left side of the line. Jason Kelce is considered one of the best young centers in the league and Todd Herremans is a very solid RT. RG is definitely a weak spot but I doubt they give up on Watkins this soon. Defense is definitely where I would go with the top pick unless they can find a way to trade up for a QB. Jarvis Jones is the guy I would want as an Eagles fan. He looks like the next Von Miller to me.
    You are assuming that Peters can come back from two blown achilles...I don't really think he is going to be the same player next year to behonest. I would actually like to see them go with a LT. That way even if Peters does come back you can slide him over to the RT spot, move Hermans back inside and sit Watkins if you want. Worse case scenario you have two good tackles, best case scenario you have Peters replacement if he can't return to form.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,284
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Team's biggest need is a playmaker on defense. They literally have none. If Peters and Kelce come back healthy then I think the line is ok. I think you can add a guard to replace Watkins. If no safties or LB's are there at their early pick then I have no issue with adding a good OT...I just think defense is a more pressing need.
    It upsets me that defense is a pressing need despite the last 2 drafts being defensive drafts

    That's a problem in itself

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,861
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    It upsets me that defense is a pressing need despite the last 2 drafts being defensive drafts

    That's a problem in itself
    Somewhat. But the defense sprung new leaks this year that, really, you couldn't see coming in. Coming in, our line was going to be awesome. Deepest in the league, awesome. Then Babin and Cole got old and they got old quick. Aso got old....quick. You couldn't see these things coming in that draft.

    I think the defense draft picks have been fine. Both Cox and Kendricks look like players who can start. Both are obviously rookies and have had flashes of brilliance coupled with flashes of....well...being rookies, but they both look like NFL players. Boykins has flashed nickle corner ability. I'm not going to say the draft is the blame for why our defense sucks right now. It seems more that 3 of the players who had to be impact players have gone from impact players to no-impact players.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Simon's Island
    Posts
    6,642
    vCash
    1500
    Jarvis Jones.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    In a perfect world I would want Jarvis Jones hands down or Manti Te'o. Like a previous poster mentioned we need a playmaker on defense AND a leader as well...Jones or Te'o would be both. I wouldn't mind Joeckel/Lewan/Warmack if they aren't available. But BPA is a must in a shallow draft, have to utilize picking that high o the absolute max!
    Manti is the guy a lot of Eagles fans on this site have been wanting for 3 years now lol and the year he enters go figure we already have his position filled in with Demeco who's still 27 so that spot should be locked in for a while.

    It's tough because o-line really isn't as pressing a need as people make it seem with Peters back next year, I sitll think a mid round guard will be good enough for our o-line and some tackle depth because Dunlap and Bell suck ***..

    I truly think a secondary player or star type WR should be our pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Jarvis Jones.
    This is the one guy everyone keeps raving about. Read on one mock site of him being compared to Von Miller and that would be amazing on our team.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,284
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Somewhat. But the defense sprung new leaks this year that, really, you couldn't see coming in. Coming in, our line was going to be awesome. Deepest in the league, awesome. Then Babin and Cole got old and they got old quick. Aso got old....quick. You couldn't see these things coming in that draft.

    I think the defense draft picks have been fine. Both Cox and Kendricks look like players who can start. Both are obviously rookies and have had flashes of brilliance coupled with flashes of....well...being rookies, but they both look like NFL players. Boykins has flashed nickle corner ability. I'm not going to say the draft is the blame for why our defense sucks right now. It seems more that 3 of the players who had to be impact players have gone from impact players to no-impact players.
    I agree. Cox and Kendrick's are studs. Graham is a stud

    What upsets me are the new leaks you discussed. Because our offense is lacking as well.

    We have to get some blue chip guys in here

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,552
    vCash
    1500
    Whoever can come put some life into this team. I dont think talent is the problem.


    Introducing the Eagles O-Line

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Manti is the guy a lot of Eagles fans on this site have been wanting for 3 years now lol and the year he enters go figure we already have his position filled in with Demeco who's still 27 so that spot should be locked in for a while.

    It's tough because o-line really isn't as pressing a need as people make it seem with Peters back next year, I sitll think a mid round guard will be good enough for our o-line and some tackle depth because Dunlap and Bell suck ***..

    I truly think a secondary player or star type WR should be our pick.

    This is the one guy everyone keeps raving about. Read on one mock site of him being compared to Von Miller and that would be amazing on our team.
    How is a WR a need for this team? Another probleblem is that their isnt a DB/S/WR worth taking in the top 8-10 as it stands now except for maybe Milliner, reachng for a position is never a good idea

    And Te'o could easily move to either outside LB postions, always go with that type of talent when its available because it seldom is.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Whoever can come put some life into this team. I dont think talent is the problem.
    ...When you're 3-7 I think talent plays atleast some portion of the problem.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 11-20-2012 at 12:36 AM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I agree. Cox and Kendrick's are studs. Graham is a stud
    What upsets me are the new leaks you discussed. Because our offense is lacking as well.

    We have to get some blue chip guys in here
    Yeah Brandon Graham, and his impressive 1 1/2 sacks, is a a real stud. He has improved but lets not get carried away.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    994
    vCash
    1500
    pity we cant draft a HC and coaching staff.
    i've said it all along Andy and Marty cant use the talent we have.
    all the games we won McCoy got 20+ carries but for some reason Andy and Marty thinks its best to keep him in the 15 carries range and pass the ball all game.
    this team is weak like Andy, need a aggressive coach to get these pretty boys to toughen up.
    Eagles offseason:
    Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    Sign/draft Outside LB
    Sign/draft Inside LB (Ryans Replacement)
    evulate/Sign/draft QB

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    How is a WR a need for this team? Another probleblem is that their isnt a DB/S/WR worth taking in the top 8-10 as it stands now except for maybe Milliner, reachng for a position is never a good idea

    And Te'o could easily move to either outside LB postions, always go with that type of talent when its available because it seldom is.
    I'd say WR is a need. Desean is very one dimensional and Maclin is a nice secondary option but in now way a #1. If look to upgrade at WR and TE as both positions have been huge disappointments.

Page 2 of 225 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •