Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 225 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesJackson10 View Post
    Jenkins is likely to be cut this offseason.
    Even though he seems like a prototypical 3-4 DE (if we switch to that), I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesJackson10 View Post
    God mock drafts suck. A majority of them have us taking Joeckel in the top 5. What do they think we're going to do? Cut Herremans and Peters? This offensive line is good at every position except RG if everyone is healthy.

I really want Jarvis Jones even though he seems more fit for a 3-4 and our personnel doesn't really seem fit for that defense no matter who our coach is. Either way I think he's the best player available and is Von Miller esque. I'd be fine with almost any top 5 prospect that isn't Joeckel though. We just don't really need a tackle. I know our O-Line has been awful but it's also been one of the worst with injury luck in the history of the league.

I'd love for them to trade up for a second pick in the first round and take whichever QB if one of Geno/Barkley is available.
    Its plausible becuase Peters and Herremans are coming off of injuries, a major one in Peters case. Heremanns natural position is at guard and drafting Joeckel allos for him to slide back into guard, where he is far more effective.
    Proud employee of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jesse Biddle
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Its plausible becuase Peters and Herremans are coming off of injuries, a major one in Peters case. Heremanns natural position is at guard and drafting Joeckel allos for him to slide back into guard, where he is far more effective.
    And then what happens to Mathis or Watkins? Mathis has been stellar this year, and are we ready to give up on Danny?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    And then what happens to Mathis or Watkins? Mathis has been stellar this year, and are we ready to give up on Danny?
    I can definitely see management giving up on him for a few reasons:
    1) He was likely Andy's pick, not Howie's
    2) It's not like he was a high first rounder
    3) When he's played, he hasn't shown that he's that great

I wouldn't be surprised to see another O-line man come in to take his spot and make Danny a backup, which isn't bad. With better O-line depth, our season could have been much better this year.

vCash
    The thing is that if we switch to a 3-4 D.

DeMeco doesn't playwell in a 3-4 D, I dont think Kendricks is big enough to play it either.

Ryans had trouble with it in Hou, still I would love a 3-4 system next year.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Well Watkins is due like 2M, cutting him can save us that but after what happened this year and with the amount of cap space we'll have anyways, I think having him for that 2M is useful.

We can also draft a guard in the later rounds to replace Watkins if need be, we have options but right now I rather hang onto him after what happened this year.

Also as a side note this Murray kid is looking pretty sick, first time watching him and man he makes some pretty throws. He looks NFL ready IMO with how accurate he is. Why is he not a top ranked QB prospect??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    You do realize that we have lost 7 straight games and are 3-8 right? And we dont have many holes??? You say all we need is consistant qb play...but where do you suggest we get that from? Mike Vick or Nick Foles??? Mike Vick is the definition of inconsistancy and Nick Foles is a huge question mark. And this notion that we will be back next year as a force is a joke, we havent been a "force" since our Super Bowl year. As for our secondary...we have one the worst safety pairings in the NFL, Nnamdi is terrible, and DRC is a pending FA after this year. So are secondary is a HUGE weakness. Saying we are going to be a "force" next year with all of these variables at play just isnt plausible. Can we be better than this year, absolutely, but a force? Doubtful.
    So what were on a losing streak, it happens our first big losing streak in years for a team that didn't have a Brady or Manning at QB, to be pretty competitive year in and year out for this long is a blessing in itself. Were due for a rebuild because we don't have a Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck waiting in the wings either on the bench or to be drafted, it happens to everyone.

But that doesn't mean we don't have a big group of talent in place already, its pretty much a consensus our problems have been injuries and coaching, it's not because we lack talent we just have gaping holes in a couple positions that can easily be fixed because according to people( you included) think their the absolute worst at their positions so you can't go anywhere but up from there.

Aside from the Falcons game and the Cards game, we haven't really been blown out or been completely out of the game, we've been in every game but 2 going into the 4th or even late into the 4th. We unravel because we simply get outcoached, that's not a sign of huge changes.

Foles can be the answer or Vick can be who knows? I still like Foles potential and don't want to give up on him but on the other hand I want Vick to if he can restructure. It depends, since there are no franchise type QB's in this draft according to everyone, we might as well give Foles a full season or give Vick another year.

This group with a top 5 pick and some depth can be a force, not saying its guaranteed but its not like were 2-3 years away like people suggest.

I'll take DRC n Nnamdi over any CB duo in our division. We have no other key FA, so we can just franchise DRC if anything and work on an extension with him or let him play on the tag for one more year. I think he'll be back and I agree on Nnamdi but we can do worse and have Corey Webster or Morris Claiborn or whoever the Redskins throw out there. Like you argued with me earlier our safeties have been awful so maybe that can be a reason why Nnamdi looks worse than he actually is, always an option to.

I guess I'm just more optimistic than you, truthfully we all knew Peters injury was a huge blow but no one thought it would be of this magnitude.

Another point heading into the season we were one of the SB faves, even if we don't make any changes and bring the same guys back with the top 5 pick we possibly can get why wouldn't we have the same optimism we had this past August??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Well Watkins is due like 2M, cutting him can save us that but after what happened this year and with the amount of cap space we'll have anyways, I think having him for that 2M is useful.

We can also draft a guard in the later rounds to replace Watkins if need be, we have options but right now I rather hang onto him after what happened this year.

Also as a side note this Murray kid is looking pretty sick, first time watching him and man he makes some pretty throws. He looks NFL ready IMO with how accurate he is. Why is he not a top ranked QB prospect??
    If I remember correctly, the knock against Murray is that he's "short, and doesn't have a strong arm". I like him a lot though and think he could be the best QB from this draft.

vCash
    I think the best part about suckIng this much is that there should be no restrictions of scheme because of players

They can bring in the best coaches period. No ignoring great defensive minds because they run a 3-4.

Now its hire the best guys available

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    So what were on a losing streak, it happens our first big losing streak in years for a team that didn't have a Brady or Manning at QB, to be pretty competitive year in and year out for this long is a blessing in itself. Were due for a rebuild because we don't have a Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck waiting in the wings either on the bench or to be drafted, it happens to everyone.

But that doesn't mean we don't have a big group of talent in place already, its pretty much a consensus our problems have been injuries and coaching, it's not because we lack talent we just have gaping holes in a couple positions that can easily be fixed because according to people( you included) think their the absolute worst at their positions so you can't go anywhere but up from there.

Aside from the Falcons game and the Cards game, we haven't really been blown out or been completely out of the game, we've been in every game but 2 going into the 4th or even late into the 4th. We unravel because we simply get outcoached, that's not a sign of huge changes.

Foles can be the answer or Vick can be who knows? I still like Foles potential and don't want to give up on him but on the other hand I want Vick to if he can restructure. It depends, since there are no franchise type QB's in this draft according to everyone, we might as well give Foles a full season or give Vick another year.

This group with a top 5 pick and some depth can be a force, not saying its guaranteed but its not like were 2-3 years away like people suggest.

I'll take DRC n Nnamdi over any CB duo in our division. We have no other key FA, so we can just franchise DRC if anything and work on an extension with him or let him play on the tag for one more year. I think he'll be back and I agree on Nnamdi but we can do worse and have Corey Webster or Morris Claiborn or whoever the Redskins throw out there. Like you argued with me earlier our safeties have been awful so maybe that can be a reason why Nnamdi looks worse than he actually is, always an option to.

I guess I'm just more optimistic than you, truthfully we all knew Peters injury was a huge blow but no one thought it would be of this magnitude.

Another point heading into the season we were one of the SB faves, even if we don't make any changes and bring the same guys back with the top 5 pick we possibly can get why wouldn't we have the same optimism we had this past August??
    Your forgetting that a healthy Eagles team was just 8-8 last year and half of those wins were meaningless. The Eagles are also 4 points away from have no wins at all this year...just something to think about. And a new coaching staff means big changes, so the roster will definately have an element of change to it no matter what. And comparing our CBs to just our division is a mistake...I would take the Cowboys secondary over ours long term. You cant just compare yourself to three other teams and expect that to be a good evaluator in terms of talent. Also if we have the "best" CBs in our division, guess what we are still in last place so what does that tell you? Teams that have three wins and seven straight losses dont have the talent you seem to think. Im optimistic, but Im realistic over anything else in my evaluations.

vCash
    Im not saying that I would do that, Im just explaining rational reasoning for what the Eagles MIGHT do. And I think its pretty clear the Eagles have giving up on Watkins considering he cant even start over Scott.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 12-01-2012 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    only if heremanns plays RG cuz mathis has been an amazing LG, better then heremanns ever was at LG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    only if heremanns plays RG cuz mathis has been an amazing LG, better then heremanns ever was at LG
    I think amazing is a drastic stretch but Herremans would move inside to RG in that scenario.

vCash
    Your forgetting that a healthy Eagles team was just 8-8 last year and half of those wins were meaningless. The Eagles are also 4 points away from have no wins at all this year...just something to think about.
    N what happened last year?? Same thing as this year basically with the 4th quarter lapses: fumbles, FG misses, turnovers, QB getting hurt etc.

We didn't have as severe an injury last year but we still had our fair share, but new changes to adapt to. Also our team last year wasn't as talented as this one. We had basically 3 garbage linebackers that constantly gotten burned by the run.

Wins were meaningless lol?? We weren't officially eliminated from the playoffs till the second last week when the Giants beat the Jets, how were those wins meaningless??

And a new coaching staff means big changes, so the roster will definately have an element of change to it no matter what.
    Not disagreeing here, but like I stated earlier we've been out coached the last 2 years in the 4th, have been undisciplined and have had mental errors, who's to say a coach fixing this doesn't take us over the top??

It can go either way, but I see more positives than negatives, kinda like the effect Harbaugh had on the Niners.

And comparing our CBs to just our division is a mistake...I would take the Cowboys secondary over ours long term. You cant just compare yourself to three other teams and expect that to be a good evaluator in terms of talent. Also if we have the "best" CBs in our division, guess what we are still in last place so what does that tell you?
    Hows it a mistake, one of our goals is to try to win the division so if were not trying to compare our roster to the division then who??

Why would you take the Cowboys secondary over ours for the future?? Is it because they drafted Claiborne very early and because our CB's are kinda old, well we have Hughes and Marsh to so who's to say they won't end up better than the Claiborne??

Also the Cowboys safeties are garbage too, they don't have any sorta edge there. Brandon Carr has been the only legit secondary player for them but so was DRC early in the year, but again the Cowboys have consistently gotten pressure on teams and the QB, which definitely helps.

If our D-line got pressure on teams like they did last year, this year, I think our CB's would've definitely looked better but it's that's just my opinion.

We also have the best RB in the division and are still in last place, so what does that tell you?? It tells you we have the best CB tandem and RB in the division that's all it does. Our CB's are far from the problem, we have 4 possible guys that can play on the outside and I hope we see more Marsh and Hughes in the last 4 or 5 games or w.e more remaining games there are.

But when it comes to QB'ing we've had the 4th best this year and guess what place were in?? That is where the difference lies.

Teams that have three wins and seven straight losses dont have the talent you seem to think. Im optimistic, but Im realistic over anything else in my evaluations
    .[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between being very talented and having high end potential to actually live up to it which is what we fall under.

I don't know how else I can possibly explain this. Our current roster with the injuries to it, obviously isn't good enough to go anywhere, but with good health has a really great chance of being title contenders.

Injuries and not having the depth are the reason why were 3-8 not because were lacking talent.
    I dunno how you expect us to replace a top tier left tackle, best WR on the team, starting center, starting RG, starting RT and star RB. Albeit some of these injuries happened later on in the season it's still hard to replace.
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 12-01-2012 at 10:30 PM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I think amazing is a drastic stretch but Herremans would move inside to RG in that scenario.
    mathis has played decent starter worthy this season, mainly cuz hes been playing with bell/dunlap on his left and kelce/reynolds/heremanns at his right. hes been our only reliable linemen and is not injured.

last year he came in during preseason and won the starting job and btw the end of the year he was ranked number 1 LG in the nfl.

you cant expect any linemen to play with new players on his side each week and still play at a high level, linemen require chemistry with teammates to play at a high level and chemistry is only possible from consistently playing with the same teammates by your side.