Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3361
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You took the smallest portion of his post and made it a big deal. It was insanely ridiculous. He said he wanted to get a "big, nasty defense". A "dominating top 5". To do so, he would like some of the bigger players available so they wouldn't be thrown around. You then started *****ing about "having an NBA defense".

It was asinine.

I forgot when bringing up a reason for why a bigger defense may be better was a bad thing. Our defense has been small and has been tossed around. So why not get a player who could go in the top 7 talent wise, who also happens to be larger?
    How is anything I said misconstruing what he said? The reason I only brought up the size issue is because that's the only part of his post I disagree with. I agree, there isn't a 3-4 OLB that is good enough to go at number 4. I agree, the front 7 on D and the OL are the key to winning. I merely disagreed with the emphasis he placed on being "big" which, as I said, I interpreted as meaning height since he was listing various players' heights. Like I said, sure, size is good, but its more important that we bring in effective players rather than just bring in big players. If they are big AND effective, sure thats great, bring them in. I however think that size should be near the bottom of the evaluation criteria in most cases, other than Chicago and Arizona I cant think of any notable defenses that are particularly big relative to other teams.

I also would disagree that our defense has been thrown around, yes, that was the case in 2011 and a few other years here and there, but throughout the Reid era there were many occasions where we were a top tier defense and we were never particularly big, instead we utilized speed to our advantage.

Nothing I said was asinine, just for whatever reason the two of you took offense to what I said. I apologize, it wasn't my intention to insult anyone, merely disagreeing and offering the logic behind my own opinion
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Considering we are likely going to be picking in the top 10 again next season barring major defensive upgrades I really don't care who we get as long as they are an elite talent.

vCash
    Man I wish Jadaveon Clowney could come out this year while we're within the top 5.

vCash
    I just wish the combine would get here already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    Man I wish Jadaveon Clowney could come out this year while we're within the top 5.
    I wish this was the 2014 draft class as a whole.

vCash
    It's ok, barring chip Kelly being the 2nd coming of bill belichek and foles taking major strides we'll be picking right around where we are next season.

If Kelly and foles (or whoever plays qb) has any learning curve I wouldn't be surprised to see a 5-11, 6-10 season

vCash
    I'm starting to think that trading down is the best way to go.

vCash
    I think we go for Star.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    @nfldraftscout: Love what I'm seeing from Cordarrelle Patterson on film this morning. Tennessee WR is my No. 1 at the position.

@nfldraftscout: Patterson reminds me of a quicker, more polished Demaryius Thomas. Of all the WRs in this class, he's the guy separating and making plays

@nfldraftscout: Patterson has speed to run away from defenders, but is surprisingly quick and agile for his size. Can break down in space & change direction

@nfldraftscout: I don't see Cordarrelle Patterson making it out of the Top 10. He's that good.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    I like that dude as well, after the combine we are gonna be in love with CP.

- I love Ray Lewis.

vCash
    If I'm the Eagles, I find a way to take Patterson. A player with his potential doesn't come around often. Next years' draft is loaded at QB and defense, they should be in the running for Clowney and Bridgewater with Patterson anyway.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I like that dude as well, after the combine we are gonna be in love with CP.
    Exactly. After the combine, he'll be as highly regarded going into April as Julio Jones was.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    I want Star so bad

Him or Joeckel or move back are the only good choices to me

whether we switch to a 3-4 or not doesn't even matter star would be great for us, 4-3 with him at the 1 technique and Cox at the 3 technique would be beastly and we've all talked about how he could be that great piece in the middle if we switch to a 3-4

vCash
    He could be like Haloti Ngata

- I love Ray Lewis.

vCash
    Only way I take Patterson is if we trade back into the first to get him. Taking him with our only 1st rounder would be a mistake. We have so many large holes, WR is a small hole. I'm all for BPA but a WR with our only 1st round pick is a little much.