Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 225 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Manti with the number 1 pick? LOL He will go top 20. But i don't think he is fast enough to be elite.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    I've got a feeling with Reid in KC they don't' draft Geno Smith and instead go Joekle. We all know Reid loves him some OL's.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I've got a feeling with Reid in KC they don't' draft Geno Smith and instead go Joekle. We all know Reid loves him some OL's.
    That's my feeling as well.There might also be just a tad bit of Reid wanting to stick it to Lurie/Roseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    That's my feeling as well.There might also be just a tad bit of Reid wanting to stick it to Lurie/Roseman.
    I doubt Reid's going to purposely pick Joeckle to stick it to us. That said, if the pick comes with the added benefit of sticking it to us? I am sure he'll all be in.

Wonder what we'd do in the case that Joeckle is gone....at that point the best case scenario would be that Smith (or the current flavor of the week QB) is left at #4 and we can let someone trade up (even if no one behind us wants the guy, someone will want to jump in front of someone to get that guy).
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Yes, let's trade our one reliable player and leader for a draft pick so we can skip over not only one of the best tackles to come out in recent years, but also a position of need, and then draft the guy who just got abused by the first actual football team he's played all year.

I'm in. Where do I sign up?
    Lol This!

What I've been saying scares me the most just got that feeling too

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Honestly, I'm perfectly fine if Joeckle goes to KC. I like the kid, but from what I've read, he's a step below Joe Thomas. This is actually a draft deep in OL's, and if Mathews goes pro, I think you can get almost the same quality of OL (he'll go top-10 in 2013 if he goes pro, or top 5 in 2014) and pick up a pick if you want (or, hell, Lewen is another great OL prospect, imo. He shut down Clowney pretty well).

I'm not in love with a single prospect in this draft, so I find it the perfect time to move down, hit on another prospect you like, and pick up a 2nd round, or perhaps, an extra 1st rounder next season.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Honestly, I'm perfectly fine if Joeckle goes to KC. I like the kid, but from what I've read, he's a step below Joe Thomas. This is actually a draft deep in OL's, and if Mathews goes pro, I think you can get almost the same quality of OL (he'll go top-10 in 2013 if he goes pro, or top 5 in 2014) and pick up a pick if you want (or, hell, Lewen is another great OL prospect, imo. He shut down Clowney pretty well).

I'm not in love with a single prospect in this draft, so I find it the perfect time to move down, hit on another prospect you like, and pick up a 2nd round, or perhaps, an extra 1st rounder next season.
    I really like Matthews, but I doubt he goes top ten, hes only rated #36 by McShay (not that I love his analysis) and I havent seen any other reputable mocks with him slotted that high, but regardless RTs rarely go that high. Although he could easily slide to LT I can't see a team taking a chance with their top 10 pick for a RT who potentially could be a LT but has no experience there. I think he stays in school to get a full year at LT and potentially be in the same position as Joeckel.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 01-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Worst thing about the BCS championship game was an apparent lack of athletism and explosion from Manti Tao. I haven't been able to see ND much this year so I was excited to watch him play but left the game very underwhelmed. It make me speculate if some of his number can be attributed to his massive defensive line eating up blocks allowing him to rome freely to make plays at or around the line of scrimmage, a luxury he wont have in the NFL. That said one game cant define a player or their talent so I dont want to take to much away from him but we certainly cant take him with the #4 pick, and I dont think a team cant take in the top 15 either anymore unless he has a good combine, but we shall see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    I doubt Matthews goes top ten, hes only rated #36 by McShay (not that I love his analysis) and I havent seen any other reputable mocks with him slotted that high, but regardless RTs rarely go that high. Although he could easily slide to LT I can't see a team taking a chance with their top 10 pick for a RT who potentially could be a LT but has no experience there. I think he stays in school to get a full year at LT and potentially be in the same position Joeckel.
    Every mock I've seen has Mathews sitting in the top 10-15 range. SBNation, CBS and NFLMockdraft.com all have him sitting around the 11 range to SD.

A lot of drafts also don't have him in there because he's rumored to be going back.

That said, even if he doesn't come out, Taylor Lewen is a very very good LT prospect as well, who's sitting in the top 10-20 range.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Eagles4Lyfe: Now that your boy Denard Robinson has stopped playing qb for Michigan and moved into a skat back/slot receiver he has seemed to add some weight and bulk to his frame. So I could see him lasting as a return man now in the NFL. I wouldn't want the Eagles to take him though, I would rather have Matt Brown from Temple...who could be had far later in the draft most likely.

vCash
    Every mock I've seen has Mathews sitting in the top 10-15 range. SBNation, CBS and NFLMockdraft.com all have him sitting around the 11 range to SD.

A lot of drafts also don't have him in there because he's rumored to be going back.

That said, even if he doesn't come out, Taylor Lewen is a very very good LT prospect as well, who's sitting in the top 10-20 range.
    CBS is an absolute joke...one of them has us taking Geno Smith and Barkley going 7th and the other has Werner #2, Mingo #3 and Teo #8. Can't see any of that happening. The only draft site I trust is Walter Football...hes has great analyis and pick by pick discussion and he is also an Eagles fan so he tends to be the most accurate when it comes to our picks. I like Lewen as well, I just wouldnt pick him or Matthew at #4.

I hadn't looked at some of those sites in awhile...SB isnt bad but they other two I'll don't even bother with haha. My apologies for missing them bro.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 01-09-2013 at 12:27 PM.

vCash
    I like walterfootball.com personally

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Eagles4Lyfe: Now that your boy Denard Robinson has stopped playing qb for Michigan and moved into a skat back/slot receiver he has seemed to add some weight and bulk to his frame. So I could see him lasting as a return man now in the NFL. I wouldn't want the Eagles to take him though, I would rather have Matt Brown from Temple...who could be had far later in the draft most likely.
    Cmon don't be classless now show some class...

Murray was and is my only boy haha.. I just want a ST's weapon because the ones we have suck and can never help spark our team anymore. We need a difference maker on that side of the ball to, ones team are afraid to kick to.

We could've gotten Trindon Holliday for cheap, but Broncos took a chance on him and he's proven them right ..

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Only if Albert leaves I think...otherwise I think they go Geno or trade back

vCash
    I doubt Reid's going to purposely pick Joeckle to stick it to us. That said, if the pick comes with the added benefit of sticking it to us? I am sure he'll all be in.
    I think there is an echo in here.

That's exactly what I meant.