Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theRANGEREAGLES View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Name one successful team that has intentionally acquired multiple QBs to compete for the starting job in camp.
    seattle this year
    False. Flynn was their guy, Wilson came in and over performed while Flynn underperformed resulting in the switch. They did not bring Them in with the intent of them splitting snaps and competing for the job
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    False. Flynn was their guy, Wilson came in and over performed while Flynn underperformed resulting in the switch. They did not bring Them in with the intent of them splitting snaps and competing for the job
    no that is false. flynn was never guarunteed the starter, it was a battle and wilson won it, but back to the original point they did bring both of them in in the same year with a battle for the starting role

props to fanofphilly for the amazing sig

vCash
    no that is false. flynn was never guarunteed the starter, it was a battle and wilson won it, but back to the original point they did bring both of them in in the same year with a battle for the starting role
    Lol. They brought Flynn in on that huge free agent contract to potentially be a backup? No. They brought him in with every intent if being the starter. It became a battle when Flynn looke bad in camp and Russell looked good.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Well if we're going to get technical lets get facts right...

2012 training camp Seattle had 3 qbs. 2 in which were thought to be fighting for the starting gig....then preseason games came about and Wilson came in as the underdog but one that caught all the coaches eyes.

Per coaches is was in this order. Flynn - Wilson - Jackson (Tarvaris)

As per Carroll it was Flynn - Jackson - Wilson.

After the 3rd preseason game Wilson proved to Pete that he was the man for the starting gig.....Pete then named him the starting qb and a healthy Flynn had a. Undisclosed injury which then further proved Wilson was the starter....

So yah.....

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Flynn didn't really look bad he got "injured". They said it was his throwing arm.

Regardless. DRAFT THREAD

Who's your fav in this draft to potentially take over Akeem Jordan's job?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    You're right you cannot. You would need another T

Jefferson and give me Elam all day he's so under rated and prob the best true pure safety in the draft

Not sure how true this is but I'm hearing Reid will go after Matt Flynn or Ryan Mallet if that's the case bet you butt Joeckel is gone if he's there at 4 and we skip over him I will seriously question our motives and strategy

DLine is not a huge need. Between Cox and Jenkins with Landri and Thorton rotating in we are fine.....plus we signed Dixon back to our reserve roster

So yes logic says Luke is there for us unless someone trades up
    Cause the Chiefs have a contending type roster in place already just needing a good QB. Reid probably thinks with a young QB it would be harder than a vet or he's probably doing it to try raising the stock of the first pick.

Actually reinart was right. They drafted Wilson to have him be a backup and possibly groom him and see if Flynn is a capable starter for a full year, but Wilson impressed in camp and preseason and Pete couldn't say no to him. Plus it didn't help that Flynn didn't look good himself. He won it and took it from there.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    The only pick that the eagles need to make with the 4th Pick is Luke Joeckel

I never really thoughtvhighly of Peters and I hope he can get used to playing on the right side until we finally trade him

I'm tired of always seeing him on the sideline hurt and he never impressed me he get burned on the blitz a lot.....

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

*EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

vCash
    What?

Peters was THE man at LT when he was healthy.

vCash
    And it's sad to be hyped for a LT with the 4th overall pick

Too bad the rest of the line is a huge question mark other than Mathis.

No telling how Peters/Kelce comes back from injury...and TH was awful this year.

vCash
    ^^^ I was talking later in the draft

Right now as it stands Meco is our MLB he's not being replaced.

WILL started off as Kendrick's but after week 14 he was our SAM.

Do you guys think Kendrick's stays at SAM or get moved back to WILL?

If so what will se do at that empty SAM/WILL position???

For a fun read on Kendricks check this out
    http://legacy.philadelphiaeagles.com...ndricks_1.html

vCash
    Kendricks needs to stay at WILL, IMO. Seems more comfortable there.
    Last edited by YEDN90; 01-08-2013 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Jason Peters is a top 3 LT. And should be there for the next 5 years. Kendricks isn't a SAM LB... He got moved to the weakside later on in the year. He is too small to play SAm. He is only 5'11.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash

Manti Te'o

no thanks, he was exposed against Alabama. He will be lucky to stay in the first round. All these Manti lovers, there is no chance he will get a top ten pick
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    Jason Peters is a top 3 LT. And should be there for the next 5 years. Kendricks isn't a SAM LB... He got moved to the weakside later on in the year. He is too small to play SAm. He is only 5'11.
    He's in his 30's though, has 2 years left on his contract and his atleticism is what makes him so great and for a guy with that size do you really think he can maintain it into his mid 30's??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Kendricks turned his season around when they switched him to SAM at the end of the season. I'd be shocked if they switch him back to WILL, where he was pretty brutal.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr