Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    At this point if both Lotulelei and Joeckel are gone I'd trade down to pick up a 2014 1st rounder. Our slot likely hinges on a QB rising to the top 3 and I don't see Reid reaching for a QB because he knows he has a couple years to get his guy. The Jaguars and Raiders each have a lot invested in their QBs but new management would enable them to turn the page. By trading down we'd obviously gain the firepower to go up(though we may already be there) and get Bridgewater/Manziel if Foles doesn't show well next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Just because he was the coach when they were there doesn't mean he was the one who picked them, not every team (actually very few) are run like the Eagles have been. Most teams have their GM have the final say in drafting, like the Eagles will now with Howie Roseman.
    Yea but....I'm sure Dungy had some input into what players he wanted.Therefore I would take some stock in his talent evaluation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamson11 View Post
    At this point if both Lotulelei and Joeckel are gone I'd trade down to pick up a 2014 1st rounder. Our slot likely hinges on a QB rising to the top 3 and I don't see Reid reaching for a QB because he knows he has a couple years to get his guy. The Jaguars and Raiders each have a lot invested in their QBs but new management would enable them to turn the page. By trading down we'd obviously gain the firepower to go up(though we may already be there) and get Bridgewater/Manziel if Foles doesn't show well next season.
    Manziel? Hell No. A typical 6'0 qb that is a heisman winner that will never be a good pro QB.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I hate when people say this. Its just not correct. If the best player on the board when we draft in the first round this upcoming draft is a RB, it would be asinine for us to take him.

If the best player available is a QB when the packers pick, should they take him because hes the best player?

Should the 49ers draft an ILB if thats the best available when they pick?

And whos to say the best player isnt a FB, a Kicker or a Punter? They arent possitions that have draft value to justify picking them over other players especially if theres players you need at other spots more.

If theres a position you need more than another and its in the same ball park of appropriate spot to take them, then you take them. If the best players available at your pick are all positions you are solid at, you should trade down.

So an Adrian Peterson is in the draft, you don't draft him? Why the Eagles have won 12 games the last 2 years and the Vikings are in the playoffs with a bad QB.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    This team has to start at the lines. We need talent on both sides. I know everyone is in love with Manziel, but the only reason i watched that game was to watch number 76. Joeckel looks like he may have the best footwork i have every seen at tackle. Draft him and we are set on the O-line the next 10 years.
    Last edited by SJSF; 01-05-2013 at 11:55 AM.

vCash
    Fletcher Cox has had a better then some think of a season people just dont really see the great season he has had....

esp considering he is a rotational player - 39 tackles 5.5 sacks 1 forced fumble - 4 passes knocked down

He made all rookie 1st team. not too shabby room for growth.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Fletcher Cox has had a better then some think of a season people just dont really see the great season he has had....

esp considering he is a rotational player - 39 tackles 5.5 sacks 1 forced fumble - 4 passes knocked down

certainly a good draft pick.

vCash

I believe profootballfocus rated him a top-20 DT in the NFL last year.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamson11 View Post
    Manziel is a freshman, won't be out for 2 more years, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    How am I saying this with no substance??? I've backed up my points with statistical proof. I said that he struggled against the top teams in college football and had his best game against very weak teams. I provided statistical evidence that prooved that.That's a fact, its not debatable and is just about as much substance as you can get.
    I did the same thing you did, showed me stats and I showed you stats he put up against the top pass defense from the game I saw and your come back to that was how its not telling the whole story so what more can I say to that, you disputed the stats then when I did, I get shat on..

If stats are everything then why is Geno Smith supposed to go number 1 because I've read a lot of people say he didn't fair good against top tier teams either, so what are your thoughts on that??

I find it funny how you are so concrete in all of your opinions, yet have only have seen him play once or twice aside from YouTube, yet Im the one with no substance? You havent stated stated facts, only your opinions. I've stated facts in which my opinions are partially formed, along with the numeros games I have seen of Murray since he was a sophomore.
    Whats the point of having an opinion in the first place, if your not going to stick by it and believe in it 1000%???

If i didn't have a strong opinion on something, I would ask other people, and I'm not the only way who has the same kinds of thoughts being stated on Murray, many people who watch college football feel the same way. So my thoughts must be somewhat accurate then shouldn't they??

No one said my opinions are facts, their just opinions when its all set and done just like what your saying is all opinions Like i said in my previous statement I'm not the only one who has said and felt this way about him, so I must be saying something right when other people feel the same.

I'm not going to form opinions and then go back and forth on it, it is what it is.

As for my 4th round comment, Im not saying hes going in the 4th round, Im saying that is the earliest I would be okay with the Eagles picking him (read carefully)...back up players arent worth anything higher. But again I have to remind myself that logical football discussions with you are impossible. I could provide 100% bulletproof evidence to you about any topicwe have discussed and you would still say it isnt enough or isnt substance so why do I even bother.
    That's why I said you don't have much belief in him, which is why your rating him low. You think he's a backup and I think he'll be a really good QB in the near future and love his potential.

Of course that's funny, I never discredited your points one bit nor did I say your absolutely wrong but keep putting words in my mouth. I said you have your opinions and I have mine but you keep insisting mine is wrong just because I haven't seen him play his whole career.

How is having logical arguments with me impossible? Just because I won't agree with you?? hahah ok then that hurts me so much:cry:

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You'll only hurt your head, not worth it.
    This coming from the guy who consistently gets owned in arguments and gives up Ya ok, why don't you continue your Eagles are a better team going forward than the Browns comment in the main forum Hommie ate you for breakfast, lunch and dinner and you read it and left bahahaha. What a joke

Keep trying, you just got banned for doing this exact thing and your still at it again lmao some guys just never learn

Like I siad and someone else realized all you do is troll and never bring any good arguments to the table, ever.

Me and Synester might have our differences but atleast arguing with him is worth while cause the guys knowledgeable.

Not to mention he missed some games and quarters due to injury. Imagine what this guy can do with a full year playing full time and no injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I believe profootballfocus rated him a top-20 DT in the NFL last year.
    You mean before the season started?? Thats nuts how they called that.
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 01-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themoleculoman View Post
    Manziel is a freshman, won't be out for 2 more years, right?
    Redshirt freshman so he'll be available next year

vCash
    EB4L, nope. After the 2012 season. Cox graded out as their number 17 DT in the NFL.

As a rotational player.

That says a ton going forward. We could have a potential top 10 DT for the next decade if we play our cards right.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    EB4L, nope. After the 2012 season. Cox graded out as their number 17 DT in the NFL.

As a rotational player.

That says a ton going forward. We could have a potential top 10 DT for the next decade if we play our cards right.
    Oh okay fair enough.

I agree it was obvious everytime he wasn't on the field our d-line didn't look that good. I just hope he won't be one of those continually injury riddled players and stays healthy.

He's going to do wonders for our team going forward. Man it would've been icing on the cake if the kid could've won DROY

Credit to Howie and Washburn for that pick though. We finally may have hit on a DT in the first round

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    This coming from the guy who consistently gets owned in arguments and gives up Ya ok, why don't you continue your Eagles are a better team going forward than the Browns comment in the main forum Hommie ate you for breakfast, lunch and dinner and you read it and left bahahaha. What a joke

Keep trying, you just got banned for doing this exact thing and your still at it again lmao some guys just never learn

Like I siad and someone else realized all you do is troll and never bring any good arguments to the table, ever.

Me and Synester might have our differences but atleast arguing with him is worth while cause the guys knowledgeable.
    Actually, I just don't feel like wasting my time with you. If you go back and look, you were the one who quit responding once others started calling you out on your stance.

As far as the main, if that's his opinion, so be it. Not sure on the "ate me for breakfast, lunch, and dinner", but yeah. The Browns certainly have a promising future, but right now, I'd take Philly as being the better fit for Chip, pieces seem to be a better fit currently. Not quite sure I'm the only one who feels that way either.

As far as my ban, completely unrelated.

It's comical though that you keep bringing up the word troll. You have been known as being one of the biggest Eagles forum trolls around. It's funny how many posters feel that way.

This is PSD, not life, I could honestly give 2 ****s what you think.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Our franchsie has been a joke and a failure.
    Ya were not in the Lions, Jets, Jags type of disappointments, but for a franchise such as ours, that's been around since the glory days and nothing but 2 NFL titles to show for it's pretty much a joke.

Our biggest accomplishments are being the only team to beat Lombardi coaching in a finals and 2 titles. We've had a lot of bad luck over the years, but up until the past decade when Reid took over we were pretty much a irrelevant team year in and year out with no identity.

We've had some really good players over the years but still a shame.

I'm just happy during my era we've been somewhat relevant
    This is all I need to read, to know how little of a grasp you really have.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.