Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    RGIII ran a 4.41 40. Geno Smith ran a 4.78 40. They are not the same player at all.
    Not the same player, nor do I want Geno Smith running the ball as much as RGIII does. The amount of hits on that small frame could wear him out through the years, but we will see. Geno does have some quickness and ability to move in the pocket.

vCash
    I'll take T'eo in a heartbeat. Could be the leader and physical presence this team needs.

that being said, not sure if it'll be a wise pick at our spot yet....

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Weatherspoon was rumored to fall out of the first round because he was a 4-3 LB and not a "rare talent".

Bulaga was constantly mocked in the top 10.

Iupati was rarely mocked in the top 30.

Pouncey was being mocked in the top 15 picks consistently.

JPP was being mocked in the top 20 consistently.

Revisionist history all around right here. Just...google "2010 mock draft". Go see where these guys were being mocked.
    Thank you. He's judging BPA by what they are now, not what they were then.

vCash
    I just read that the last 7 opposing quarterbacks have posted QB ratings of over 122. I think secondary should probably be a consideration, especially if DRC and/or Nnamdi don't come back.

Obviously safety is also a concern. It's probably been over a decade since there was an eagles team with so many holes.

vCash
    I don't think we have THAT much holes unless our injuries come back and haunt is. Quarterback and safety (FS and SS) are clearly our biggest holes. Our offensive line can be one of the best if fully healthy in my opinion. Peters injury scares me but we can always get Joeckel to play RT or LT next year.

I refuse to believe DRC is THIS bad and if motivated he can be great. To prove my point when we were winning he was great. I have no idea what you do with Nnamdi but Boykin isn't that bad of a back up plan. We can always use a bigger WR but I just don't know how you're going to find one in this draft other than using him as a redzone target. I think our defensive line, linebackers (I would add Jones/T'eo if possible), and running backs are set.

I'm not saying we win 10 games next year or even make the playoffs but I think a lot of us are overreacting to how many holes we have. Yes we NEED to get a quarterback and I believe Foles can be that guy but I'm not confident with him yet.

I do not believe we are going to be rebuilding for the next ten years, I strongly believe in 2-3 years (if Foles becomes great or we find a QB in next years draft, etc) we can contend again. If not? Well..

Johnny Football.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Holes:

QB - I like Foles, but in no way am I sold. Vick will be gone.
    WR - Our WRs aren't big or tough enough. Maclin and DJax get hurt WAAAY too much.
    O-Line - Peters may or may not return to form. Herremans didn't have a good year at RT and should probably move back to guard. Kelce is not only returning from a terrible injury, but also will have to change schemes since Mudd will be gone. Will he be as effective? I'm not a Watkins fan.
    WILL - We're soooo close to having a good linebacking core. We need to add one.
    CB - We'll need at least one. I don't see them bringing back DRC and Nnamdi. Boykin is strictly a slot corner.
    S - I still like Nate Allen more than most, but Coleman is garbage and we have no depth.
    DT - I don't think Jenkins will return. If he doesn't, we'll definitely need depth. Cox is a stud and Thornton has been good.
    DE - It seems Cole's best days are behind him. Graham has looked good. Curry is an unknown with a good motor. Hunt is a one trick pony. Tapp should be released.

We have some really good, young pieces to build around, but we have a lot of holes that we need to fill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    I just read that the last 7 opposing quarterbacks have posted QB ratings of over 122. I think secondary should probably be a consideration, especially if DRC and/or Nnamdi don't come back.

Obviously safety is also a concern. It's probably been over a decade since there was an eagles team with so many holes.
    On one hand, I agree our secondary has been pretty bad, but the last QB's we've been facing is essentially a who's-who list in the NFL. Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, RGIII, Cam Newton, Tony Romo.

It'd be one thing if it was a list made up of Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel and Christian Ponder. It's hard to have good numbers against that competion.

Not taking anything away from the secondary, but when you have a poor secondary and you couple it with good/great QB's you end up with supremely putrid numbers that don't always reflect exactly how bad you are.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    I was watching Trent Cole for a majority of the game against the Cowboys and he had no explosion off the line of scrimage and was blocked relatively easily. Whichever DE was opposite of him would consistantly beat him of the snap by a yard or two every play...he might be done
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    DRC played decent this year especially for a #2 and I still believe Nnamdi can play just with a restructured contract. We really do need an intelligent safety (and a coach to teach them) who knows where to be. The trust isn't there that is why the secondary looks horrible.

vCash
    Well either the secondary coaching sux or Nnamdi and DRC are highly overrated.Thing is Nnamdi was getting torched in the preseason when Bowles was secondary coach.I was concerned then,everyone said he will be fine.There have been many points this season that I wished they would have traded Nnamdi and kept Samuel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blystr2002 View Post
    DRC played decent this year especially for a #2 and I still believe Nnamdi can play just with a restructured contract. We really do need an intelligent safety (and a coach to teach them) who knows where to be. The trust isn't there that is why the secondary looks horrible.
    With as scared as DRC looked Sunday night, I lost a lot of fondness for him. His effort was suspect most of the night.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    On one hand, I agree our secondary has been pretty bad, but the last QB's we've been facing is essentially a who's-who list in the NFL. Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, RGIII, Cam Newton, Tony Romo.

It'd be one thing if it was a list made up of Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel and Christian Ponder. It's hard to have good numbers against that competion.

Not taking anything away from the secondary, but when you have a poor secondary and you couple it with good/great QB's you end up with supremely putrid numbers that don't always reflect exactly how bad you are.
    Yes, but its not just the great ones who are doing it. Shoot, Kevin Kolb had a QB rating of 127.5 against us. And if we're ever going to compete, we can't give up 35 points every time we play a good QB, especially in the playoffs.

I think we'll re-structure Nnamdi since we owe him $4mill guaranteed next year, but I don't think he's in the long term plans.

vCash
    I will say, I feel bad for Nnamdi. Most of the time he gets beat he's expecting safety help over the top, and its almost always Coleman's fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    With as scared as DRC looked Sunday night, I lost a lot of fondness for him. His effort was suspect most of the night.
    That's how he plays most of the time.. He's very good in coverage but he doesn't tackle or seem to show much extra effort.
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    That's how he plays most of the time.. He's very good in coverage but he doesn't tackle or seem to show much extra effort.
    This is the part I thought I was remembering incorrectly. I have always felt that although he wasn't the most physical, he didn't shy away from contact. I was wrong.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.