Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 225 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 3361
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk6 View Post
    Foles is the next Tom brady
    We shall see.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    43,458
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk6 View Post
    Foles is the next Kevin Kolb
    Fixed.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Fixed.
    hehehe

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    If this team could land a top TE in the draft, someone like a Witten or Gronk would be huge. I am down with the way Celek has played. He has come up really small this year. You could almost say he cost us the Washington game. Just by starting the game with that horrible INT. We need a stud TE. Someone that is going to need to be doubled in the middle and open up the wr's. Or just go out and get a big receiver that can play.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pistolvania
    Posts
    30,727
    vCash
    1500
    I want Te'o.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    And just how do you know that?How can you say there won't be a Brandon Marshall,Marques Colston,or Donald Driver in the draft? I could go on but surely you get the point.At least I hope so.Who knows there could even be another Tom Brady.
    Because every single draft/projection website says so. Could they be wrong...sure, but I'll trust them over anyone on here. And Donald Driver??? Nobody knows who will be what FOR SURE obviously but projections and analysis is by far the best way to predict. So Im not sure what other way you would go about doing so???
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    There's a difference in keeping a player around and grooming them for the future and drafting a player for the intent of then trading them later as you suggested
    Who's to say you cant do one or the other...either way you would be maximizing value depending on which would benefit your team the most, and that is my point. As I said earlier BPA is more likely than not the best thing to do. You will never hear a team say they regret taking someone because he was highest on there board.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 11-22-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    If this team could land a top TE in the draft, someone like a Witten or Gronk would be huge. I am down with the way Celek has played. He has come up really small this year. You could almost say he cost us the Washington game. Just by starting the game with that horrible INT. We need a stud TE. Someone that is going to need to be doubled in the middle and open up the wr's. Or just go out and get a big receiver that can play.
    I like how every things that players like Gronkowski and Calvin Johnson just grow on trees. Every team would like a stud TE, but there isnt always one available to draft, same can be said about every position.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    963
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think we need to add a "stud" TE...I think we need to add a WR who needs to be doubled...Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper....they're all WR's who don't necessarily need to be doubled...

    Upgrade the offensive line....add a "stud" WR....and Celek should be open the middle of the field more often...Calvin Johnson draws a double team almost every play...or at least a corner with the safety over top....but you have to be lucky to find a guy like that in the draft...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,426
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I want Te'o.
    Me too. This team needs to build a tough defense through the draft and youth.

    I like a start with Graham, Cox, Cole, Kendricks, Te'o, and DRC.

    FIRE ME!


    I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Ryans is still 26 or 27 too he can be apart of our future too.
    Coleman is like 24 to right??

    You also forgot Boykins and Curry


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Ryans is still 26 or 27 too he can be apart of our future too.
    Coleman is like 24 to right??

    You also forgot Boykins and Curry
    Curry has me concerned a little. I know this current staff's talent evaluation isn't held in high regard at the present, but I think it disconcerting that, even with our major struggles and our severe lack of pass rush, this guy hasn't been able to crack the lineup until now, also, this team and staff doesnt have a very good track record of drafted (or signed) DEs, Cole and Burgess are the only ones I can think of that really have been effective

    Failed DEs:
    - Graham (I know failure is harsh and I still think theres hope for him, but so far he hasnt been the stud we expected when we took him in the first round)
    - Daniel T'eo - Nesheim
    - Ricky Sapp
    - Andy Studebaker
    - Victor Abiamiri
    - Jerome McDougle
    - Raheem Brock

    DE's that had good times and contributed but ultimately were disappointing / werent long term fixtures with the team / didn't fulfill the role they expected of them
    - Darren Howard (never the big FA splash we expected)
    - Jevon Kearse (unable to stay healthy)
    - Jason Babin (One good season, fell off the map, unimpressive the first tour)
    - Chris Gocong (Ok LB, no longer with team)
    - Darryl Tapp (decent rotational guy, never the impact they hoped for)
    - Chris Clemons (reached his potential elsewhere)

    But yeah, hopefully he breaks the stereotype and turns out to be a stud
    PSD's c_reinert

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Ryans is still 26 or 27 too he can be apart of our future too.
    Coleman is like 24 to right??

    You also forgot Boykins and Curry
    Coleman is garbage...hes an NFL caliber player but certainly not a starting one. I think the past few years have proven that. Ryans is 27 and is definately going to be an important piece going forward, or atleast he should be. Although I have been rather disappointed is his play as of late, no big/impact plays. I like Curry but he cant even get onto the field yet so the jury is definately still out on him, hopefully he gets an opportunity to showcase himself as there is no reason to keep him sideines anymore, as we are far out of contention.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Curry has me concerned a little. I know this current staff's talent evaluation isn't held in high regard at the present, but I think it disconcerting that, even with our major struggles and our severe lack of pass rush, this guy hasn't been able to crack the lineup until now, also, this team and staff doesnt have a very good track record of drafted (or signed) DEs, Cole and Burgess are the only ones I can think of that really have been effective

    Failed DEs:
    - Graham (I know failure is harsh and I still think theres hope for him, but so far he hasnt been the stud we expected when we took him in the first round)
    - Daniel T'eo - Nesheim
    - Ricky Sapp
    - Andy Studebaker
    - Victor Abiamiri
    - Jerome McDougle
    - Raheem Brock

    DE's that had good times and contributed but ultimately were disappointing / werent long term fixtures with the team / didn't fulfill the role they expected of them
    - Darren Howard (never the big FA splash we expected)
    - Jevon Kearse (unable to stay healthy)
    - Jason Babin (One good season, fell off the map, unimpressive the first tour)
    - Chris Gocong (Ok LB, no longer with team)
    - Darryl Tapp (decent rotational guy, never the impact they hoped for)
    - Chris Clemons (reached his potential elsewhere)

    But yeah, hopefully he breaks the stereotype and turns out to be a stud
    Teo Nesheim has actually been a pretty effective player for the bucs, atleast from the games I have seen. And Andy Studebaker has been a legit player for the Chiefs for years. I definately wouldnt label them as failures, maybe for the Eagles, but not in terms off talent. I tend to believe that the Eagles tend to give up on young players wayyy to earlier on occasion.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

    ...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Teo Nesheim has actually been a pretty effective player for the bucs, atleast from the games I have seen. And Andy Studebaker has been a legit player for the Chiefs for years. I definately wouldnt label them as failures, maybe for the Eagles, but not in terms off talent. I tend to believe that the Eagles tend to give up on young players wayyy to earlier on occasion.
    Right, not failures as players so much, I meant in terms of ineffective acquisitions for the Eagles, whether they not be talented, we are unable to utilize them effectively, or we are unable to develop and coach them.
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 5 of 225 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •