Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 225 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Justin hunter would be a good pick.....at 15-20

Top 10? Hell no. His production doesn't matchup with his physical gifts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Right, but if the difference in talent is so substantial, your best option would be to trade away your current pick for a player that can also help your team or more lower draft picks to fill more holes
    I dont know if I would call that the "best" option but it is definately a decision that I couldnt argue with, as long as your getting more value back that the player would give you.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Justin hunter would be a good pick.....at 15-20

Top 10? Hell no. His production doesn't matchup with his physical gifts
    Exactly!!! Right now the Eagles hold the #6 pick so why waste it on a player who is proj. to go in the 12-20 range and a position that isnt a high need for the team. Something we have to remember is talking about the draft now is almost pointless because soooo many things change because players draft stock no will be far different than they are right now. Not to mention who know where the Eagles will be picking either.

vCash
    We are winning the NFCE and taking a magical rife to the Super Bowl. We wil be drafting very late.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    We are winning the NFCE and taking a magical rife to the Super Bowl. We wil be drafting very late.
    I suppose you could make the argument that if the draft is pst they would be drafting late. If it's est then it will be very early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    I suppose you could make the argument that if the draft is pst they would be drafting late. If it's est then it will be very early.

vCash
    The people i would look at in this draft is Luke Joeckel, the tackle if he we dont address this position in free agency. I know we're suppose to have J.P. and Kelce coming back but we need depth with talent on the bench just in case they dont come back all the way. Others I would look at is Jarvis Jones, Manti Teo, and Star Lotulelei, he and Fletcher Cox would give us a killer inside duo.

Lets go Knicks!

vCash
    Honestly it's hard to predict who they should draft where we really don't have a clue where they will draft, but if its in the top 10 (or top 5), they should just look at best available player. They basically have wholes everywhere, so drafting the best player would be smart. I always think drafting on need is a mistake, they did that in 2011 and it basically screwed them over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Problem is there is no AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or Julio Jones...so far only 1 player is projected to go top 15 at WR. So for the Eagles to select a WR, which isnt a top priority, than it would not only be a reach but a wasted rare top pick. You cant have two 1sts and a 2nd invested in the SAME position, especially at WR...how could you justify that? Look around the NFL and you'll see very few teams have that set up if any...and for good reason
    I thought I made myself clear in my original post, I never said to reach for one I just said when were picking if the BPA is a WR with an AJ Green type potential then I'd be up for it. I want BPA no matter what the position is, we did that last year and had an awesome draft and will set us up nicely going forward.

Well look at our draft history under Andy Reid and the amount of defensive tackles we've gone through and the amount of times we took one in the first round.
    Same goes for offensive line and the fact that we haven't had a player play for almost a decade on either side of the lines for us after being drafted in the first shows how your theory doesn't apply to our team lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Honestly it's hard to predict who they should draft where we really don't have a clue where they will draft, but if its in the top 10 (or top 5), they should just look at best available player. They basically have wholes everywhere, so drafting the best player would be smart. I always think drafting on need is a mistake, they did that in 2011 and it basically screwed them over.
    Yup, totally agree, Danny Watkins taking Graham over Earl Thomas.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Right, but if the difference in talent is so substantial, your best option would be to trade away your current pick for a player that can also help your team or more lower draft picks to fill more holes
    I dont know if I would call that the "best" option but it is definately a decision that I couldnt argue with, as long as your getting more value back that the player would give you.
    But a player who's going to ride the bench isn't going to give you value, and the longer you keep them around on said bench their inherent value declines.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    But a player who's going to ride the bench isn't going to give you value, and the longer you keep them around on said bench their inherent value declines.
    Tell that to Aaron Rogers (or even Kevin Kolb)...and talent always has value. Agree to disgree, Im always taking the more talented player regardless...your never going to regret doing so.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 11-21-2012 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I thought I made myself clear in my original post, I never said to reach for one I just said when were picking if the BPA is a WR with an AJ Green type potential then I'd be up for it. I want BPA no matter what the position is, we did that last year and had an awesome draft and will set us up nicely going forward.

Well look at our draft history under Andy Reid and the amount of defensive tackles we've gone through and the amount of times we took one in the first round.
    Same goes for offensive line and the fact that we haven't had a player play for almost a decade on either side of the lines for us after being drafted in the first shows how your theory doesn't apply to our team lol.

Yup, totally agree, Danny Watkins taking Graham over Earl Thomas.
    And I thought I made myself clear when I was just literally explaining to you that there is NO AJ Green/Megatron/Jones in this draft, hence making selecting a WR a reach. Just trying to inform...no need to get moody.

vCash
    Tell that to Aaron Rogers (or even Kevin Kolb)...and talent always has value. Agree to disgree, Im always taking the more talented player regardless...your never going to regret doing so.
    There's a difference in keeping a player around and grooming them for the future and drafting a player for the intent of then trading them later as you suggested
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    And I thought I made myself clear when I was just literally explaining to you that there is NO AJ Green/Megatron/Jones in this draft, hence making selecting a WR a reach. Just trying to inform...no need to get moody.
    And just how do you know that?How can you say there won't be a Brandon Marshall,Marques Colston,or Donald Driver in the draft? I could go on but surely you get the point.At least I hope so.Who knows there could even be another Tom Brady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    And just how do you know that?How can you say there won't be a Brandon Marshall,Marques Colston,or Donald Driver in the draft? I could go on but surely you get the point.At least I hope so.Who knows there could even be another Tom Brady.
    Foles is the next Tom brady

Page 4 of 225 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast