Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    He's got personality issues and anxiety problems. Now that the Jays got pitching they don't need him.

If AA does indeed offer him big money, which I doubt, then sure. But for now I think they are ok. He mentioned they want depth at the starting pitching spot so I could see a Ryan Dempster kind of signing... maybe a 2 year deal for him.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Some names they could pursue in free agency strictly.

Ryan Dempster, 35.

Joe Blanton, 31.

Dan Haren, 32. (Unlikely)

Kyle Lohse. 34.

Joe Saunders, 31.

And then of course the posibility of Marcum, Sanchez and McCarthy although I feel those guys will get big money elsewhere.

Reason why I like Dempster is he's Canadian of course, he's a veteran presence, coming off a decent year and he wouldn't break the bank, and a small contract. Max I see is a three year deal.

That way, the Jays are set with depth and a solid rotation like this:

Buerhle
    Johnson
    Morrow
    Romero
    Dempster
    Happ

Barring injuries and waiting on Drabek and Hutchinson, that's a very good rotation.
    Then in the wings future wise would be Sanchez, Syndergard, McGuire (hopefully) Stroman, Osuna etc.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke2; 11-20-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I wonder if we could pry Doc away from the phils. Heres hoping phillies start sucking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    He's got personality issues and anxiety problems. Now that the Jays got pitching they don't need him.

If AA does indeed offer him big money, which I doubt, then sure. But for now I think they are ok. He mentioned they want depth at the starting pitching spot so I could see a Ryan Dempster kind of signing... maybe a 2 year deal for him.
    we dealt w/ issues that were alot worst than before...ex. escobar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    I wonder if we could pry Doc away from the phils. Heres hoping phillies start sucking
    "continue sucking"

vCash
    Forget about trading for Doc this year. Wait until next offseason and sign him as a FA, to come back and be our #4 guy haha (he could arguably go anywhere in the rotation). If we can resign Johnson to a long term deal, I'd love to see a rotation of this:

Johnson
    Morrow
    Romero
    Halladay
    Buehrle (although I suspect he'd need to be traded if Johnson were resigned and Halladay were to be brought in)

vCash
    another reason they mite go after greinke is because johnson is a free agent after next season...nothing if for sure whether he will sign or not...if greinke signs....its more than safe....morrow, romero, and buehrle are locks as we speak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    we dealt w/ issues that were alot worst than before...ex. escobar
    i don't think you understand... the anxiety issues are his not ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i don't think you understand... the anxiety issues are his not ours.
    this is like the least concern....thats why there are psychiatrists...and plus...this was 3 years ago....
    Last edited by rockbottom2010; 11-20-2012 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    this is like the least concern....thats why there are psychiatrists
    don't you think if he could have been "fixed" already he would have spent some of his hard earned millions to take care of it? it's more like a way of life issue and to the best of my knowledge you can't take a psychiatrist out to the mound with you
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    don't you think if he could have been "fixed" already he would have spent some of his hard earned millions to take care of it? it's more like a way of life issue and to the best of my knowledge you can't take a psychiatrist out to the mound with you
    thats why there's half life and full life medication....its a genetic thing....what about brandon morrow...hes a type 1 diabetes px...and hes considered an ace

vCash
    AA wanted greinke a while back....however the asking price was waaay to high.......now hes finally available...we will see what's in stake

vCash
    AA wanted greinke a while back....however the asking price was waaay to high.......now hes finally available...we will see what's in stake
    AA wanted Greinke back before we had JJ and Buerhle were pretty good now. Now if we could get Greinke for under 20 mil per sure AA would listen but one of the LA teams will offer a lot more then that. I'm thinking Greinke signs for 6/132 were not going anywhere near that.

vCash
    thats why there's half life and full life medication....its a genetic thing....what about brandon morrow...hes a type 1 diabetes px...and hes considered an ace
    Are you comparing a physical medical condition to a mental one? as someone who's had GAD, i.e an anxiety disorder since I was 17, IMO you have no idea what you're talking about. With Morrow it's pretty simple, take insulin. For a guy like Greinke, it's much more complicated. There's no pill,doctor,voodoo, or anything else that suddenly makes it go away. To compare them at any level is absurd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Are you comparing a physical medical condition to a mental one? as someone who's had GAD, i.e an anxiety disorder since I was 17, IMO you have no idea what you're talking about. With Morrow it's pretty simple, take insulin. For a guy like Greinke, it's much more complicated. There's no pill,doctor,voodoo, or anything else that suddenly makes it go away. To compare them at any level is absurd.
    diabetes px can die alot faster then a px who has anxiety....do the math...they are both medical complications

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast