Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Greinke will get what he wants money and term esp. when you have 2 LA teams bidding on him and thats where he has interests. This isn't a "money talks" situation, cause he will get what he wants. His only decision is where he wants to live. And LA. seems to trump Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty1 69 View Post
    "One of" the best?? lol

Wow.
    yeah, I didn't wan't to be too confident . There might be someone else with a superstar rotation too..lol

If they got a 2010 Johnson, 2011 Romero and 2012 Morrow that rotation is "the" best in baseball. If they get the 2012 Romero and Johnson there are others that may argue we are not the best 1 thru 5. They may not win the argument...but it would be debatable.

vCash
    Maybe not Greinke, but they definitely need one more arm. In my opinion, AA needed to convince ownership of a deep run into September and a possible playoff spot to get them to bump up the payroll. I don't think you can guarantee either of those with the options they have now in the #5 spot, let alone the questions about Romero coming off last year. Greinke would be ideal, but I think a Marcum, Lohse or Kuroda would be a good fit. A veteran guy on a 3 or 4 year contract that adds massive depth to an already strong rotation. Plus, Greinke will probably demand a contract term longer than 6 years, something that the Jays management has said they are opposed to. In other words, over pay one of those guys for a shorter term than pay for a 7 to 10 year deal.

I could tolerate Lind at DH for a season if they add one more starter instead of a bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcavy View Post
    Maybe not Greinke, but they definitely need one more arm. In my opinion, AA needed to convince ownership of a deep run into September and a possible playoff spot to get them to bump up the payroll. I don't think you can guarantee either of those with the options they have now in the #5 spot, let alone the questions about Romero coming off last year. Greinke would be ideal, but I think a Marcum, Lohse or Kuroda would be a good fit. A veteran guy on a 3 or 4 year contract that adds massive depth to an already strong rotation. Plus, Greinke will probably demand a contract term longer than 6 years, something that the Jays management has said they are opposed to. In other words, over pay one of those guys for a shorter term than pay for a 7 to 10 year deal.

I could tolerate Lind at DH for a season if they add one more starter instead of a bat.
    Rogers has offered Anthopoulos money to spend before and he didn't want it. He even publicly acknowledged that. This has everything to do with Anthopoulos and his plan to rebuild

vCash
    The Jays should put a bid on anyone available, as long as the contract isn't stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafswin2011 View Post
    i would rather wait til next season and sign halladay for 2 yrs 40 million.
    I like this idea! I can't see him not wanting to come back if the Jays are on top the AL E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Rogers has offered Anthopoulos money to spend before and he didn't want it. He even publicly acknowledged that. This has everything to do with Anthopoulos and his plan to rebuild
    And timing, Redsox rebuilding, Yanks getting old, Raptors doing bad and NHL on strike..... all eyes on the Jays and AA has made a smart move.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    ehhhhh hes expensive.. im fine without him
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    I love Roy, but I just think those bucks could be better spent elsewhere. I know I'll probably be tarred and feathered for that (And I can understand that, I kind of what to do it to myself for saying it). I think even Lee would be a better investment, and he wouldn't be my first choice either.

<Shrug> All a pipe dream anyway, so who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korac View Post
    I love Roy, but I just think those bucks could be better spent elsewhere. I know I'll probably be tarred and feathered for that (And I can understand that, I kind of what to do it to myself for saying it). I think even Lee would be a better investment, and he wouldn't be my first choice either.

<Shrug> All a pipe dream anyway, so who knows.
    I will bring the tar.....

What could be more important then finding a true ace to lead this team..especially once the playoffs start occurring. Doc is still one of the best pitchers in baseball, he just had an injury last year, If he shows he is back to his old from from 2008 up until his injury last season, I would have no problem giving him 20M/yr for a few more seasons. Even if he regresses he would still probably be the best pitcher on our staff. Definitely better then Buehrle, and we are going to pay him 18M and 19M in 2014 and 2015 respectively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I will bring the tar.....

What could be more important then finding a true ace to lead this team..especially once the playoffs start occurring. Doc is still one of the best pitchers in baseball, he just had an injury last year, If he shows he is back to his old from from 2008 up until his injury last season, I would have no problem giving him 20M/yr for a few more seasons. Even if he regresses he would still probably be the best pitcher on our staff. Definitely better then Buehrle, and we are going to pay him 18M and 19M in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
    I think he's on the decline tbh, but even if I'm wrong (especially if I'm wrong), I doubt he signs a 2 yr deal. He'll be going for one final big payday and prolly try and get a 4-5yr yr deal somewhere. I know, I know...he wants to win, but I think that is tempered by the financial side of things, and there are teams that could offer him the coin/term and the chance to win (I'm looking at you Yankees...gawd, I just threw up in my mouth a little).

Just because were overpaying Beuhrle doesn't mean we should take on other monster contracts for aging pitchers on the decline (Or long term for pitchers that soon will be).

Look I love Doc too. I just think people are thinking more with their hearts than their heads on him. I surely wouldn't kick and scream if he came back, and certainly understand why folks would be happy to have him return. I just, personally, think there are better ways to spend the money.

But hey, you know what they say about opinions...

vCash
    Let's just hope Phillies suck next year and were leading our division and Doc is pitching great. It would be priceless to grab him at deadline as the "hired gun" to put us over the top.

vCash

Yes...

Something smells funny,I'd never would of thought John Gibbons would be back as jays bench coach,but wasn't Zack Greinke and John Gibbons together in Kansas City....hmm,interesting.
    I'm just saying,would not surprise me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBall20 View Post
    Something smells funny,I'd never would of thought John Gibbons would be back as jays bench coach,but wasn't Zack Greinke and John Gibbons together in Kansas City....hmm,interesting.
    I'm just saying,would not surprise me...
    lol and the funny is that the melk man also played for the royal while gibby was bench coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    lol and the funny is that the melk man also played for the royal while gibby was bench coach
    Yeah man,u just never know.
    Will see,if they get him,it's like getting david cone..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast