Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Why is it people continue to ignore the anxiety issues? he doesn't wanna play in New York and Boston all the time. I don't think he's an option and yes, I fully understand how much money has been spent recently. To throw out the "anything is possible" statement is ignorant. Given the circumstances, money isn't the only thing Greinke is looking for here which is rare with free agents.

vCash
    I'd rather spend half the cash on Edwin j and marcum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    absoooooolutely agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    absoooooolutely agree.
    Two quality number three ish starters that gives depth and cost half the money makes a lot of sense to me.

vCash
    Relax guys and gals I'm pretty sure AA isn't blowing 20 plus million a season on Greinke anyway. Now we just need to find a dh or a right handed platoon for Lind. Gomes??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    absoooooolutely agree.
    Two quality number three ish starters that gives depth and cost half the money makes a lot of sense to me.
    A few years ago Greinke posted a WAR of 10.1, Marcum and Jackson can't even come close I mean, that's unbelievable. It's a quality vs quantity argument but odds are I'd take Greinke plus a replacement over Marcum and Jackson who are two pretty average starters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Relax guys and gals I'm pretty sure AA isn't blowing 20 plus million a season on Greinke anyway. Now we just need to find a dh or a right handed platoon for Lind. Gomes??
    On the Indians

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    On the Indians
    Jonny Gomes played on A's last year mashes lefties.

vCash
    i cant see us bidding for greinke, i imagine were pretty much at our max payroll right now. but i would love to have him though

vCash
    Money is pretty much the only reason you can't have anymore to say we won't go after grienke. The jays traded for a SS who will make 22M/yr in 2 years time. Who says they won't give similar money for an ace to lead our pitching staff.

I think it is more likely we trade for another high paid pitcher (like Halladay or Lee from the Phillies), but they are probably going to try to get Grienke for just cash first.

I wonder if the Phillies would like to lower their payroll some too to bring in more hitting.

What if AA really has no limit on payroll and trades :

MB
    Gose (or Rasmus if they would prefer him)
    JPA
    Sanchez
    Syndergaard
    Norris

for

Cliff Lee
    Roy Halladay

Doc is a free agent after 2013 so that is really an "all in" type of move to win this next year. If you are going to commit 18+M in 2014 and 2015 to MB, why not give 25M to Cliff Lee if we could also get Doc to go with him?

We would still have TDA coming as our long term catcher (soon), and we have arms like Osuna, Smoral, Cardona, Tirado, Borucki, Nolin, Stroman and Stilson..

Our lineup is ready to be one of the best in the AL, I say we try to make a move to get one of the best starting rotations too. Our rotation should be better then last year right now, but if we made this trade it would be foolish...

thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Money is pretty much the only reason you can't have anymore to say we won't go after grienke. The jays traded for a SS who will make 22M/yr in 2 years time. Who says they won't give similar money for an ace to lead our pitching staff.

I think it is more likely we trade for another high paid pitcher (like Halladay or Lee from the Phillies), but they are probably going to try to get Grienke for just cash first.

I wonder if the Phillies would like to lower their payroll some too to bring in more hitting.

MB
    JPA
    Sanchez
    Syndergaard
    Norris

for

Cliff Lee
    Roy Halladay

Doc is a free agent after 2013 so that is really an "all in" type of move to win this next year. If you are going to commit 18+M in 2014 and 2015 to MB, why not give 25M to Cliff Lee if we could also get Doc to go with him?

We would still have TDA coming as our long term catcher (soon), and we have arms like Osuna, Smoral, Cardona, Tirado, Borucki, Nolin, Stroman and Stilson..

Our lineup is ready to be one of the best in the AL, I say we try to make a move to get one of the best starting rotations too. Our rotation should be better then last year right now, but if we made this trade it would be foolish...

thoughts?
    You are essentially taking on 40 million a year, while gutting our farm system for a small opportunity to win now. I want to win as much as the next Jays fan, but i would never do this trade.

vCash

MB
    JPA
    Sanchez
    Syndergaard
    Norris

for

Cliff Lee
    Roy Halladay

thoughts?
    Naw. Lee and Halladay are on the declines with their career. Rather save a package like that for something better and more long-term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Jonny Gomes played on A's last year mashes lefties.
    Thought you were talking about Yan.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Naw. Lee and Halladay are on the declines with their career. Rather save a package like that for something better and more long-term.
    something better then 2 of the best pitchers in baseball?

Halladay is not on the decline. Before his injury last year I would argue he was in his prime. From 2008 up until that injury he was arguably the best pitcher in baseball. It is a slight gamble hoping he is back to 100%, but even after a decline he would still be among the best starting pitchers in all of baseball.

Cliff Lee was without a doubt the unluckiest pitcher in baseball last year. He had 207 K's in 211 IP with only 28 BB's and a 3.16 ERA. His strikeout numbers over the last 2 years are the highest they have ever been in his entire career. He is still pitching like an ace, and he is locked up for at least 3 more seasons.

our rotation would be:

Halladay
    Lee
    Morrow
    Johnson
    Romero

That has potential top be one of the best rotations in all of baseball. Combine that with our new lineup, and I like our chances of not only making the playoffs, but winning a world series with Halladay and Lee leading our rotation.

vCash
    our rotation would be:

Halladay
    Lee
    Morrow
    Johnson
    Romero

That has potential top be one of the best rotations in all of baseball. Combine that with our new lineup, and I like our chances of not only making the playoffs, but winning a world series with Halladay and Lee leading our rotation.
    "One of" the best?? lol

Wow.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast