33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romo

18 54.55%
  • Eli

15 45.45%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romo vs Eli?

vCash
    I can't stand either QB. But I would rather have Eli then Romoception.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    In November against the Browns, Romo every time.
    Last edited by Mr Haha; 11-19-2012 at 12:38 AM.

vCash
    Eli > Choke-mo anyday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    LOL - the playoff tournament features the best teams. The record speaks for itself and includes 7 road playoff wins as an underdog and two Superbowl MVP's over Tom Brady, including the undefeated Pats. Put that resume against Romo. It's Eli by a landslide and isn't even close.
    the 7-9 seahwaks made it over 2 10 win teams. that is clearly not always the case
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    the 7-9 seahwaks made it over 2 10 win teams. that is clearly not always the case

Wow, great position. 99.9% historically wrong but you likely will defend that position 100%. No surprise you didn't mention the rest of the post. This debate is as weak as the Eli/Romo debate. Game, Set, Match

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Wow, great position. 99.9% historically wrong but you likely will defend that position 100%. No surprise you didn't mention the rest of the post. This debate is as weak as the Eli/Romo debate. Game, Set, Match
    first, i didnt sya it always happens, i just pointed out that your point is not 100% true as you seme to make it sound.

seocnd, i didnt address the second part because you are using 8 games of eli's career as a comaprison, which is stupid

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    first, i didnt sya it always happens, i just pointed out that your point is not 100% true as you seme to make it sound.

seocnd, i didnt address the second part because you are using 8 games of eli's career as a comaprison, which is stupid
    Dismissing the post season is comical and is certainly more fantasy and hatred/jealousy driven than football driven. Picking one 7-9 team is a bit anal.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    Dismissing the post season is comical and is certainly more fantasy and hatred/jealousy driven than football driven. Picking one 7-9 team is a bit anal.
    i'm not dimissing it, i'm just not using it as the entire and sole basis of my arguement like you do. to me its one of many factors, to you its the only factor

vCash
    i'm not dimissing it, i'm just not using it as the entire and sole basis of my arguement like you do. to me its one of many factors, to you its the only factor
    Wrong again. The 7-9 comment was anal. We all know a certain minority from small towns have issues the big city. We get it. As far as this debate, it was over back in 2008. Now it's just a fantasy joke

vCash
    Wrong again. The 7-9 comment was anal. We all know a certain minority from small towns have issues the big city. We get it. As far as this debate, it was over back in 2008. Now it's just a fantasy joke
    how is that anal? thats not the first time an i ferior team made it in over a better one ebcause of a weak division. its just the best example

vCash
    Eli is much better is then even a question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I disagree so yes it is a question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I disagree so yes it is a question.
    you cant argue that. There is certainly a question. If not, why would there be a thread? You dont see many, "which is bigger, a whale or a fly" threads. cause thats not even a question. the whale is bigger.....

but has far has eli vs romo, it goes back and forth.

romo, better stats, eli, 2 superbowls, eli better team, better defense, romo doing more with less, better girlfriends, etc.

seriously, its close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    you cant argue that. There is certainly a question. If not, why would there be a thread? You dont see many, "which is bigger, a whale or a fly" threads. cause thats not even a question. the whale is bigger.....

but has far has eli vs romo, it goes back and forth.

romo, better stats, eli, 2 superbowls, eli better team, better defense, romo doing more with less, better girlfriends, etc.

seriously, its close.
    All I ever hear during the offseason is how stacked the Cowboys are with talent. It's annual. To say Romo hasn't had the pieces is just a sad attempt to keep this argument alive. More with less? How about an undrafted WR from Massachusetts? And the many other nobodies Eli has turned into stars?

And I'd take Eli's one wife over Romo's playboy life. I like the QB of my team watching film and practicing during the playoff bye week you spent all year earning instead of taking Jessica Simpson to Mexico.

But, as always, I'll defer to Jerry Jones in this debate.

"What's the difference between us and them? Eli Manning."
    -Jerry Jones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    All I ever hear during the offseason is how stacked the Cowboys are with talent. It's annual. To say Romo hasn't had the pieces is just a sad attempt to keep this argument alive. More with less? How about an undrafted WR from Massachusetts? And the many other nobodies Eli has turned into stars?

And I'd take Eli's one wife over Romo's playboy life. I like the QB of my team watching film and practicing during the playoff bye week you spent all year earning instead of taking Jessica Simpson to Mexico.

But, as always, I'll defer to Jerry Jones in this debate.

"What's the difference between us and them? Eli Manning."
    -Jerry Jones.
    Not gonna get in a pissing match here, but just because ESPN hypes them up every year doesn't mean they have Pro Bowlers all over the place.

I can see you undrafted WR from Mass. and raise you an undrafted WR from Monmouth (Austin). Anyone know how Laurent Robinson is doing this year with Gabbert and Henne?

Eli and Romo have had pretty similar players in skill positions in their career. Both came in with aging WR's as their number 1's (Toomer and Owens), both now have first rounders as big go to guys (Nicks and Bryant), and both have made undrafted guys look like All Pro's at certain points. The only huge difference is that Romo has a star TE in Witten (who was a 3rd rounder and no slam dunk to be this productive), while Eli hasn't had a high profile TE since Shockey.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast