Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Beasleys poor shooting and excessive passing are due to an injury according to Coro.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...ing-worse.html

Well he has 3 and a half days before his next game lets hope he heals up and shoots better.

vCash
    I don't want to justify it but it makes sense that he plays good in the 1st quarter then when he re-aggrevates the injury it least to a poor shooting form, if you want to call the hand part of the form.

vCash
    can we give him credit for at least trying to help out by involving the others in offense? or do we crucify him again?

i see it as a player trying to do his part for the team and i applaud him for it

no reason why he can't defend but hey, we didnt sign him up to be a lockdown defender anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    can we give him credit for at least trying to help out by involving the others in offense? or do we crucify him again?

i see it as a player trying to do his part for the team and i applaud him for it

no reason why he can't defend but hey, we didnt sign him up to be a lockdown defender anyway
    It would be one thing if he were merely not a good defender but the dudes defense has been horrific. He would need to put up 30 a game to make up for his lack of effort on D. The guy is getting lost on every rotation.

As for his shooting... this reeks to me of damage control by the team. If he really had an injury thats bothering him then why are we contstantly hearing these stories during games about how they keep telling him to shoot, shoot, shoot?

If Beasley wants his shooting percentage to go up then he needs to take smarter shots and play off the ball. Stop going iso and jacking up 18 footers with a man in his face, or his new "move" the last few games, attack the rim but rather than go for contact and get to the line he throws up an off balance runner with almost no hope of going in.

Basically, Beasley needs to play smarter... a lot smarter. I dont think his pinky is causing him to take one dumb shot after another or is making him ignore his defensive assignments.

vCash
    No one is saying that the pinky is a cause for his crappy defense but its really easy for us to say that the pinky should or shouldn't affect his game specially when we're not the ones with the injury. Kobe had a similar problem though if I'm not mistaken.

vCash
    This actually explains a lot. He was playing much better in pre season and all of a sudden started sucking in the regular season.

Once its healed hopefully he goes backing the pre season self.

vCash
    I'd say his shot selection has been bad but he has also been missing shots he usualy makes. We'll have to wait and see what his shooting looks like in a few games time.

Phrazbit, I don't believe this is 'damage control' by the team. Injuries happen, especially finger injuries. It's one of the most annoying little injuries for a shooter so I can see why it could be a problem.

vCash
    I'd much rather see Beas attacking the rim than taking jumpers. If his pinky is causing him discomfort, all the more reason to stop jacking up contested jumpers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I'd much rather see Beas attacking the rim than taking jumpers. If his pinky is causing him discomfort, all the more reason to stop jacking up contested jumpers.

This just proves the low bball IQ notion. Even if he can't attack the rim, he can still take a page outta the PJ Tucker playbook.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    ^^^Hustle wise and defense wise he can't even if he wants. You either have it or you don't. Rebound wise when he gets to the paint he is pretty good at getting offensive rebounds but the way he plays and the way they want him to play(gentry) he just does not play in the paint long enough. The position in the floor can be fixed by coaching so that's gentry's job if he doesn't listen bench him its that simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPHX View Post
    This just proves the low bball IQ notion. Even if he can't attack the rim, he can still take a page outta the PJ Tucker playbook.
    Either low bball IQ or laziness. Itís crazy because heís very good at getting to the rim when he tries.

vCash
    I don't believe the concept that hustle is talent that you either have or don't have. Anyone that has actually played organized ball or any organized sport can validate that.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    I don't believe the concept that hustle is talent that you either have or don't have. Anyone that has actually played organized ball or any organized sport can validate that.
    I agree. Anyone can train harder and play harder if they choose; itís not a skill, itís a mentality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I agree. Anyone can train harder and play harder if they choose; itís not a skill, itís a mentality.
    Agreed, its not a skill, its a mentality, but I do think its something that some guys have and some guys dont. You might find ways to motivate a lazy player for brief stints but they virtually always slip back into their old habits. A guy like Beasley is who he is.

We've seen it before (albeit with a much better player) in Amare. He was not lazy like Beasley is but he had an obvious lack of commitment on defense. He'd go through short stretches where he would talk the talk about being a good defender and might even make a big play here and there, but next thing you knew he was giving up a career high to Tyler Hansbrough. But at least with Amare you knew you were getting a supremely efficient offensive player on 9 out of 10 nights... while Beasley is not only a lazy unmotivated defender but on the majority of games he is killing his own team on the offensive end too.

vCash
    Talking about hustle, it makes me wonder why the "superstars" of this league don't hustle.

Why don't we ever see Kobe or LeBron hustling on every play and making big energy plays? Is it a pride thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast