Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hypothetical Alabama vs Notre Dame odds....

According to the oddsmakers in Vegas the Alabama Crimson Tide would open as a 12-point favorite against Notre Dame.

Marcus Mariota

That seems fair. Notre Dame is a good running team that plays good defense, but Alabama is much better in those aspects. Plus, McCarron and those receivers can beat ND over-the-top, and Bama's front seven would abuse ND's offensive line. I'm not saying Notre Dame isn't good, I'm just saying that Alabama would do that to every team given that Saban has a month to gameplan (I thought Oregon was the team that could change this, but not any longer).
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

It's not even close to fair. I can't say it enough times. This is not the same kind of absurdly good Alabama team as we saw in 2009 and 2011. Injuries to several offensive players they were counting on to be playmakers have contributed to that but this is by far the third best team Alabama has fielded under Nick Saban. They've played two good teams all year, struggled against one, and lost to the other. I will not be the least bit surprised if Georgia beats them in the SEC Championship Game.

Notre Dame has earned more respect than that and honestly, Alabama hasn't done much this season to warrant a line like that.

I'm thinking its a slap in the face to Notre Dame as well. Alabama is really good but not such that they warrant nearly the biggest point spread ever in a BCS Championship game. Personally I was thinking 6-7 points.

Marcus Mariota

its all about money, and earned it or not, people will not feel cofortable putting money on ND without some points because of the aura bama has gotten over the past few seasons. i'm fine with this spread, it doesn't mean that much
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    its all about money, and earned it or not, people will not feel cofortable putting money on ND without some points because of the aura bama has gotten over the past few seasons. i'm fine with this spread, it doesn't mean that much
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Florida
    Texas A&M
    Oregon
    Kansas State

As it stands right now would all be favorites against Notre Dame.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 11-24-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Florida
    Texas A&M
    Oregon State
    Kansas State

Yup. Free money then, I'll take the IRISH all day!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Florida
    Texas A&M
    Oregon
    Kansas State

again that's just for betting purposes. people clearly are not sold on ND this year, so to get people to be evenly, they won't be the favorites and the spread will be rather high.

that doesn't change the fact that ND can beat all of those teams. will they? who knows, but the defiently can win. who's favorited means nothing to me. people can keep doubting the Irish all they want, they;ve been proving the critics wrong all year

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

12 sounds about right. I hate Norte Dame but they have earned respect but still thia is the SEC. This is Alabama Football, they are just better

Quote Originally Posted by Jtirado16 View Post
    12 sounds about right. I hate Norte Dame but they have earned respect but still thia is the SEC. This is Alabama Football, they are just better
    then why is ND undefeated and bama is not?

Alabama's best win is about on the same level as Notre Dame's best win (LSU vs. Stanford). After the A&M game, which Bama lost, their schedules are very comparable. The rest of their wins are mostly against mediocre teams.

Again, Notre Dame deserves more credit than that. But at the end of the day it's just a line. And a projected line for a hypothetical game at that.

I can honestly say that Alabama is the only one that I would be comfortable enough at putting money on as the favorite against Notre Dame. I just feel that they are a bad matchup for Notre Dame across the board and clearly the oddsmakers do as well.

Marcus Mariota

that sounds right. people are counting usc out tonight, they still got a lot of talent and seem fired up.

After watching the ND and USC game tonight, I think ND and Bama will be a tough matchup. I think Bama will have problems getting someone to cover Eifert on the defense and will have to rely a lot on McCarron's passing on the offense. McCarron and Norwood are gaining chemistry and Amari Cooper is proving to be deep threat. With that said, ND did a good job of keeping USC's two big receivers under control. This game could easily come down to which team plays mistake free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    then why is ND undefeated and bama is not?
    Bama one loss in sec. Wayyyyyyyyyyyy better then ND hand picked schedule. You think ND would win in LSU? Was lucky to win vs Stanford and won vs Pitt on a fluke fg. Gtfoh with that.
    2010/2012 WORLD CHAMPIONS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast