Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    If I bring nothing to the table why do so many of you chose to engage me? Im here as mich as possible if im not around alot its because I cant stand the lack of knowledge many of you show. Ricky is the tool who shows up when turner plays bad and disappear when he plays well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    In what way is Moultrie 'ballen'?
    You realize its only 10 games in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    If I bring nothing to the table why do so many of you chose to engage me? Im here as mich as possible if im not around alot its because I cant stand the lack of knowledge many of you show. Ricky is the tool who shows up when turner plays bad and disappear when he plays well.
    Cause its funny

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    While I mostly agree with BHolly that ET's better statistical night doesn't appear to be a grand awakening. I do take a couple positives out of it in terms of trends....

1) Both ET and the Collins/Jrue combo seem to be more willing to make the corner 3 a consistent part of his attack. If I remember correctly, Collins even called a play for it out of a break once. He only had 1 attempt total in three straight games, but has had 5 attempts in the past two. And it has obviously helped his scoring efficiency.

2) On a few of ET's successful drives to the hoop the past couple games, he seemed to slow up just as he got to the rim and lean into the defender a little. That's something he probably has to do often in order to improve his percentage at the rim. He can't explode to the rim. But he appears to be able to lean into people to ward off the blocked shot.

So, I am still hopeful....even if there still are a few too many 2 point jumpers....that more offensive consistency can be established.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-20-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: my posts are too long
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    I agree with all that. I think Myles mentioned the same thing about ET leaning into Favors in the Jazz game.

I'd like to see ET's three point percentages for the corner and elsewhere. He's only shot 104 threes in his career, so I guess it isn't impossible to go through the shot charts and count, but I'd have to be really bored. We'll see. Does anyone have synergy? It's probably on there.

vCash
    If you find it, don't count last season. He came in with a different form on his jumper after working with Herb Magee in the offseason and his corner 3 vanished as a result. He's shooting the corner 3 now with a stroke closer to how he did it the 2nd half of his rookie season. I remember Turner credited Nocioni with some advice that helped that shot start falling more for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    You realize its only 10 games in?
    So you take credit for saying that your boys are 'ballen' only ten games into the season, but if they aren't 'ballen' your argument is sample size?

Its a two-way street, dude.

vCash

Game 10 (11-18-12): Sixers (5-4) vs. Cavaliers (2-7)

He thinks every sixer is a potential superstar.... Its thoughtless cheerleading... Not an intelligent prediction

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    I agree with all that. I think Myles mentioned the same thing about ET leaning into Favors in the Jazz game.

I'd like to see ET's three point percentages for the corner and elsewhere. He's only shot 104 threes in his career, so I guess it isn't impossible to go through the shot charts and count, but I'd have to be really bored. We'll see. Does anyone have synergy? It's probably on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    If you find it, don't count last season. He came in with a different form on his jumper after working with Herb Magee in the offseason and his corner 3 vanished as a result. He's shooting the corner 3 now with a stroke closer to how he did it the 2nd half of his rookie season. I remember Turner credited Nocioni with some advice that helped that shot start falling more for him.
    Turns out ESPN's stats engine is pretty amazing.
    Last year he was 6-25 (.240) from the corner and 5-23 (.217) elsewhere, so no real difference.
    The year before he was 6-15 (0.400) from the corner and 8-27 (.296) elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Turns out ESPN's stats engine is pretty amazing.
    Last year he was 6-25 (.240) from the corner and 5-23 (.217) elsewhere, so no real difference.
    The year before he was 6-15 (0.400) from the corner and 8-27 (.296) elsewhere.
    Didn't know the stats, but I watched it happen with my own eyes so nothing there is surprising me. Why he isn't attempting at least two of those per game is beyond me. Why he is attempting so many other jumpers from all over inside the arc is also beyond me. He was having success with the corner three as his rookie year went on....then it got messed up with the work he did with Magee. Instead of trying to make ET more of an all around shooter, the franchise should have just figured out how to work better with his strengths/weaknesses. It's not like he can't shoot the ball at all. He just isn't a high volume perimeter shooter. But lots of low volume perimeter shooters end up becoming a legitimate corner 3 point option.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567