Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Evan had a very good game,

but the game-ball should go to Jrue IMO. He simply took Kyrie out of the game from the get go (which is something very few PG's can do)

Aside from those atrocious turnovers and his preference for long twos, you gotta be ecstatic about how Jrue's overall game has improved this year.

He looks better on D, not only this game, but overall he just seems quicker/more adept staying in front of his man than years past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    When you're blindly high on every single player, and never give any reason other than "everyone else is an idiot and not a real fan" then you don't get to criticize other people and claim credit. Sorry, but you just don't.
    lol agree with that.

And i won't hide on my criticism of Spence. And to be honest he had a pretty bad first half. Still doesn't grab as many boards as I would like (gets outmuscled way too much), but he's definitely stepped up his post-defense, I feel like he has more blocks in the first 9 games than he did all of last season.

vCash

Game 10 (11-18-12): Sixers (5-4) vs. Cavaliers (2-7)

Evan and jrue both played great.... Cant pick one....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Arbitrary threshold stat: that was our third time holding an opponent below 80 points this year, out of the 18 times it's happened league-wide. LAL and BKN are tied for second, having done it twice each. Last season we did it 11 times in 66 games.

vCash
    Evan Turner was "unleashed" tonight

vCash
    There is no such thing as "unleashing". Basketball is generally a game of freelancing.

What I saw different was an Evan who didn't force the situation...he let him come to him - as they say. When he tries to 'get his' he's as awful as they come. Tonight he took what they gave him. Good for him. (Truth be told, the points do little for me; I want him defending and rebounding. And I thought he did both well.)

Anyway - it'll be nice to see him do that again within the next 3-4 games, and not 8-10.

Jrue was the star of the game, but this time for his 'd'. Awesome.

And Hawes won it in the 4th...though, yo Doug, why - with the lead - are we shooting with more than :12 on the shot clock, from low percentage areas? Such an odd gameplan late.

This whole getting KILLED in Points in the Paint is hard to watch for me, I'd like to point out. Not a huge fan of shoot-from-long-distance-and-hope-two-guys-are-hot-tonight basketball. I am all-about high percentage opportunities. The approach we are employging will eventually lead to an 0-6 stretch this year.

vCash
    ^ I agree. It seems like our offense is discouraging shots at the him and attacking the basket from the perimeter. That has to change. The only way we will be a consistently decent team this year will be if we score from inside and outside, because shooting long twos and threes all game is too hot and cold to be a recipe for success.

vCash
    Ya, something has to change with regard to points in the paint and free throws. Good teams can a least add that element if they so choose. Some nights the shots dot fall, and when that happens, we lose. Good teams get fouled and aren't buried by the time they start knocking down shots.

Gotta love a win. So..... Nick Young is allergic to rebounding and setting up teammates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    When you're blindly high on every single player, and never give any reason other than "everyone else is an idiot and not a real fan" then you don't get to criticize other people and claim credit. Sorry, but you just don't.
    name one person on this team ive been wrong about? Sorry ur comment just dont count.
    Bye

vCash

Game 10 (11-18-12): Sixers (5-4) vs. Cavaliers (2-7)

U said turner would average a triple double

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    There is no such thing as "unleashing". Basketball is generally a game of freelancing.

What I saw different was an Evan who didn't force the situation...he let him come to him - as they say. When he tries to 'get his' he's as awful as they come. Tonight he took what they gave him. Good for him. (Truth be told, the points do little for me; I want him defending and rebounding. And I thought he did both well.)
    Exactly. People don't seem to realize Evan is a situational/role player like most of the guys we have. I just don't think Evan completely understands what his role is which leads to some games where it seems like he is forcing too much. Tonight he just did what is expected of him.. take his open shots and make them, make the right pass, etc. Not always is he gonna get the opportunities he got tonight.

vCash
    Back from the game. Was definitely pleased with Evan's performance. And were Zumoff and Malik talking about Jrue's defensive performance? It was stellar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    U said turner would average a triple double
    lol. and i think he said bynum would get 25/14 or somethin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    name one person on this team ive been wrong about? Sorry ur comment just dont count.
    Bye
    I don't usually read your posts so I had to do a search and only bothered looking at the last few months.

You said after the Celtics game that that game would cause ET to find his mojo, and then he put up 4 complete nothing games.
    You said Moultrie will be a factor this year.
    You said Turner would be an All Star this year.
    You said (in preseason) Bynum would be ready soon and wouldn't miss many games.
    You said both that Jrue will be an All Star but that he won't be elite.
    You said Evan will average 20/8/7.
    You said Nick Young will average 18ppg on 58% shooting and win 6th man of the year.
    You said "Lol @ the nets knicks idny and boston standing a chance vs the sixers" before the Knicks beat us 2-0.
    You said Thad will average 14 or 15 off the bench.

It gets pretty boring reading through it all, so I'll stop, but let's just say you don't want to be crowing too loud about how great of a predictor you are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Back from the game. Was definitely pleased with Evan's performance. And were Zumoff and Malik talking about Jrue's defensive performance? It was stellar
    Yup, they were loving it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast