Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Could pau and Al make the best pf/c combo in the east?

I think Hawks had a very good team last season and they Hawks have been very steady for years, always in the middle of the pack. They always seem to have decent players but can never make the next step. Looking at this team they can get better with some good moves and i think trading for Pau is a good start. I am not sure who is more stupid Lakers trading Pau for Smith or Hawk not trading Smith for Pau. Smith and Al is a good front line but Pau and Al would be a level up thats on par with grizzles. Thats if they put Pau at center and let Al slide to the 4. Pau IQ and passing will help the team overall not just the front line. While Smith is athletic it stops there. Cant the Hawks find a way to land Pau and Jose Calderon? This team have potential. Personally i think Pau will also be a leader bring his winning culture from both finals and olympics to the Hawks. Time for the Hawks is now not later. Smith is not going to lead them anywhere he is not a franchise player. He is a lock to miss games and as his athletic ability fades so will any team that max him out. Smith is one of those players with good numbers that do little to have a real impact.
    As for a front line of Howard and Smith, that sounds good athletic and defensive but in close games thats a bad bad mix right there. Both Smith and Howard shoot a very low % 2ft from the basket and at the free throw line making them a liability.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-18-2012 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    They can always do a 3 team trade that brings pau to the bucks and Ellis to the hawks

vCash
    what i wanna know is what does josh smith do in the offseason? lol

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    tl; dr

Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    Work on his jumper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post

Work on his jumper
    Ditto. Hawks would be better with Gasol, but though I did before upon further inspection I don't want Smith in a LAKERS jersey. I'm sure Nash would assist him on some crazy dunks in the fastbreak, but when playoff basketball rolls around and defenses crack down, Smith's shot is anything but "smoove."

vCash
    They might be. Still have Bargnani/J Val a bit ahead though.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    I wonder where smith would rank among PF.

vCash
    No chance,Raptors is far better,Bargnani+Valakunas=unstoppable force

vCash
    Pau Gasol is not that great on defense, and he's 32 years old. That is not a good option for the Hawks to give up a stud like Josh Smith for. I agree that it's a great idea to move Al Horford to power forward, but Atlanta needs to get more youth back and, defensively, a tougher center.
    How about Atlanta offer up a package based around Smith to the Pistons for a package based around either Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Pau Gasol is not that great on defense, and he's 32 years old. That is not a good option for the Hawks to give up a stud like Josh Smith for. I agree that it's a great idea to move Al Horford to power forward, but Atlanta needs to get more youth back and, defensively, a tougher center.
    How about Atlanta offer up a package based around Smith to the Pistons for a package based around either Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond?
    eah nto that great, but he is getting as a THIRD option the same numbers "God" Smith is getting as a first option....................

Seriously smith must be the most overrated player in the ****ing league.

vCash
    Smoove>>>Gasol

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I think Hawks had a very good team last season and they Hawks have been very steady for years, always in the middle of the pack. They always seem to have decent players but can never make the next step. Looking at this team they can get better with some good moves and i think trading for Pau is a good start. I am not sure who is more stupid Lakers trading Pau for Smith or Hawk not trading Smith for Pau. Smith and Al is a good front line but Pau and Al would be a level up thats on par with grizzles. Thats if they put Pau at center and let Al slide to the 4. Pau IQ and passing will help the team overall not just the front line. While Smith is athletic it stops there. Cant the Hawks find a way to land Pau and Jose Calderon? This team have potential. Personally i think Pau will also be a leader bring his winning culture from both finals and olympics to the Hawks. Time for the Hawks is now not later. Smith is not going to lead them anywhere he is not a franchise player. He is a lock to miss games and as his athletic ability fades so will any team that max him out. Smith is one of those players with good numbers that do little to have a real impact.
    As for a front line of Howard and Smith, that sounds good athletic and defensive but in close games thats a bad bad mix right there. Both Smith and Howard shoot a very low % 2ft from the basket and at the free throw line making them a liability.

NOPE! but they would be way better off without Smith, Although he is clearly the most gifted and the most talented player on the team, he is far too disruptive with his style of play.
    Lakers would have the athleticism they so sorely need with a trade like this, I think it would be great for both sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
    They can always do a 3 team trade that brings pau to the bucks and Ellis to the hawks
    Our frontcourt is too crowded already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_ory_2005 View Post
    Smoove>>>Gasol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4life08 View Post
    No chance,Raptors is far better,Bargnani+Valakunas=unstoppable force
    I think Pau and Al would be much better. Like Smith and Al they post good numbers but they cant effectively control the game. Bargnani is a shooter with bad inside game Valakunas do i need to say more? Pau and Al combined skill set with strong rebounds shooting and passing would not be matched in the East. Hawks just want to run but they have the players to be better than they are. Pau make them better it like getting a pg at center who can post, block shots and shoot. Pau is the opposite of Smith and is the better fit for the Hawks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast