Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you see the Raps holding on to Calderon the rest of the year?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 68.97%
  • No

9 31.03%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    Sorry, i'm having trouble recounting. Wasn't that our normal pick for the year? I remember us having the third worst record and then everyone getting pissed off that we ended up with the fifth pick.
    We traded it away but he ended up getting it back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Exactly. BC is so good, he convinced someone to give up a pick when they didn't need to.
    I can only imagine the tears Bryan Colangelo let out over the phone in an attempt to reach Pat's heart.

vCash
    We traded it away but he ended up getting it back.
    How did he trade it away? I swear i must have amnesia lol

vCash
    How did he trade it away? I swear i must have amnesia lol
    I believe it was O'Neal, Moon and the 1st for Marion, Banks and money.

vCash
    Exactly. BC is so good, he convinced someone to give up a pick when they didn't need to.
    After giving it away in the first place. That's not a good/savvy move at all.

Riley wasn't greedy, he knew he'd already won after BC traded him JO. Without that contract they don't become the team they are now.
    Last edited by Rego247; 11-19-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: gram

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureGM View Post
    I can only imagine the tears Bryan Colangelo let out over the phone in an attempt to reach Pat's heart.
    Maybe he needs to cry more when making trades.

vCash
    I believe it was O'Neal, Moon and the 1st for Marion, Banks and money.
    Ah, now i remember. I doubt he will get points for that, given that it was our pick in the first place and how the hell was Marion worth it? lol If getting rid of O'neals contract was the pushing point, it still doesn't change the fact that he traded for him in the first place and get away our pick for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    After giving it away in the first place. That's good/savvy move at all.

Riley wasn't greedy, he knew he'd already won after BC traded him JO. Without that contract they don't become the team they are now.
    He still got the pick. I doubt in a very competitive business like this, Riley would give away a pick when he didn't need to.

vCash
    Ah, now i remember. I doubt he will get points for that, given that it was our pick in the first place and how the hell was Marion worth it? lol If getting rid of O'neals contract was the pushing point, it still doesn't change the fact that he traded for him in the first place and get away our pick for that.
    Well O'neal, in theory, was a good acquasition since we just lost to the Magic and we needed a defensive big man. We got Marion because Bargnani was emerging at the time. Marion, Bargnani and Bosh were doing fairly well to end the year (but we were out of playoff contention because there weren't enough games. He didn't sign Marion because he thought getting the best Magic player in the finals would have made up for it.

He's made a lot of big moves that just haven't really panned out which resulted in the team we have now. He's made up for the big trades, and getting the 5th was important for the Raptors.

vCash
    jonas was a top 5 pick we did not trade a unprotected pick for marion we still would have gotten jonas regardless.
    "My hate for this clown grows every second when he speaks and I'm eating I put my food down because I don't want to throw up it's sickning." - BklynKnicks3

Legendary stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    jonas was a top 5 pick we did not trade a unprotected pick for marion we still would have gotten jonas regardless.
    The pick we traded was top 3 protected I believe. So yea, the Heat would have Jonas since it was the 5th pick.

vCash
    He still got the pick. I doubt in a very competitive business like this, Riley would give away a pick when he didn't need to.
    Riley wasn't going to keep the pick anyway. You think a team that adds Lebron/Bosh and resigns Wade in one offseason is worried about first rounders?

vCash
    The pick we traded was top 3 protected I believe. So yea, the Heat would have Jonas since it was the 5th pick.
    The deal also calls for Toronto to get the league's maximum allowed in cash considerations ($3 million) and for the Heat to land a conditional first-round pick to come sometime between 2010 and 2015. It's lottery-protected, essentially meaning the first time the Raptors make the playoffs after this season, their first-rounder goes to Miami.
    "My hate for this clown grows every second when he speaks and I'm eating I put my food down because I don't want to throw up it's sickning." - BklynKnicks3

Legendary stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    Riley wasn't going to keep the pick anyway. You think a team that adds Lebron/Bosh and resigns Wade in one offseason is worried about first round picks?
    Even if he didn't, he certainly could've used it to trade for another piece. Instead, he traded it to a team when he didn't need to.

I would find it hard to believe Riley would give away an important trading pieces for no reason. Unless BC convinced him to include it in the S&T.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    The deal also calls for Toronto to get the league's maximum allowed in cash considerations ($3 million) and for the Heat to land a conditional first-round pick to come sometime between 2010 and 2015. It's lottery-protected, essentially meaning the first time the Raptors make the playoffs after this season, their first-rounder goes to Miami.
    Oh. I was under the assumption it top 3 protected.

But since that's the case, we wouldn't have been able to trade for Lowry had BC not traded back for the pick.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast