vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Statistics
    lucky asss

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Beginning Keyboarding.

vCash
    Hmm.. tough call between Pharmacology and Bio-Inorganic Chemistry (Life Metals). I had to work my *** off in both of those when I was an undergrad as they were fairly advanced for me at the time I took them.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    I know in terms of material this doesn't compete with some of the science classes you've taken, but I challenge any of you to beat this class on procedural BS. It's called Egypt of the Pharaohs. I took it as a requirement because I thought it would be semi interesting. It isn't. The teacher told us on the first day that "this class is not about mummies and pyramids, it's about reconstructing a culture from primary sources". In other words, we look at Egyptian pots and what they supposedly mean about Egyptian culture (according to the teacher, who really only tells us about her work). I tried to drop it but my schedule didn't work with it. We're allowed a certain amount of absences, but we aren't told how many. If we exceed it, the number of absences we have are multiplied by 5 and subtracted from our grade. On tests the teacher thinks that multiple choice is too easy, so she puts one "really bad answer" in every question that if you guess it, you lose an extra point. This is supposedly done to prevent guessing, which she says allows students not to study (not true). The curve only allows 10% of students to get an A- or A. We are assigned between 200-250 pages of reading per week. It is crushing my soul.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Man, attendance is really brutal in some places. I go to a local CC and haven't been to a class in around... Oh, five weeks. All tests are done online. Love it.

vCash
    Those Lab courses. not only are they hard, theyre also time consuming.

vCash
    My quadratic math course makes me wanna shoot myself in the temple. Learn some new advanced math they said, it would be fun they said.
    Last edited by Halladay; 11-18-2012 at 05:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting:24364315
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Statistics
    lucky asss
    Lucky? With business statistics?

Professor was an extremely tough grader and known for failing people. I'm a senior about to graduate in december and that class still haunts me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Orgo. Taking the first half of it right now, second half next term. Its brutal. The average on our midterm was 56%

vCash
    Seems like about 90% of these are weed out classes for pre-meds. Is it just the bizarre sadism of the med school curriculum and teaching approach trickling down?
    "Eli Manning has devolved into the quarterback we accused Tony Romo of being for the last five years. He has become Eli Momo, bumbling turnover machine who heaves passes downfield blindly and randomly." --Mike Tanier

vCash
    Either Advanced Managerial Finance or Legal/Ethical Issues in Business. My legal/ethical class just had so much law material and basically turned into a memorization class rather than just learning material. Advanced Managerial Finance was one of those classes was one of those classes were the professor purposefully did not teach us all the material because she wanted us to use our "creativity" to fill in the gaps. That doesn't really mesh well with finance...

Sig Bet Record: 1-0

YOU'RE SPOILED

vCash
    Haven't taken a hard class yet

Thought general bio 2 was hard at first but then I adjusted (currently have an A)

Need a 66 on the last lab exam and final to get a B so I'm pretty much set

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Intermediate accounting I and II
    Yup.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Labgrownmangoat;24365337]Seems like about 90% of these are weed out classes for pre-meds. Is it just the bizarre sadism of the med school curriculum and teaching approach trickling down?[/QUOTE

That's why doctors are paid more

But a lot of people can do pre med but very few people can do med school

Pre med is just all the general sciences plus orgo and a little math (up to calc 2)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast