Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,220
    vCash
    500

    Hardest college course you've taken

    I'm in my second year of college and I already know what my hardest college course is. I am currently in it and it is Physiology 1. To make it even harder I have the hardest teacher teaching it because she stepped in a week before the semester started for the easiest teacher who was teaching it. I've been stuck with here for the last 3 months and have a month until the final and im freaking out. So i was wondering what was your worst college course? i'm talking about the one where you couldn't even have a life.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,519
    vCash
    1500
    Statics. No, that's not statistics spelled wrong. On average, about 40% of the people who take the class pass it the first time at my school.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,151
    vCash
    1750
    Mechanics of Materials when taken out of sequence. In retrospect, taking Materials Science and Dynamics beforehand would have helped A LOT...lol

    NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,518
    vCash
    1500
    Productions and operations

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,227
    vCash
    1500
    In undergrad for me it was Orgo Chem Lab. Sooooo much work for 2 credits. Sooooo much work.

    In grad school it was all hard, (My first semester was Neuroanatomy, neurochemistry1, neurophysiology1, and Multivariate statistics.) but it's grad school so you like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,618
    vCash
    1090
    Intermediate Accounting is the worst class for Accounting/Finance Students. Lucky, I'm just a Finance Major so I don't have to take as much accounting courses as Accounting Majors.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Anatomy was tough. Anatomy lecture was 3 hours a week, plus cadaver lab was 5 hours a week. That's 8 hours a week for 4 credits. And the course-load was outrageous. At the time I felt it was unfair...I'd do as much work for that one class as my business major friends would do for all 5 of theirs. But it was invaluable. Toughest class I've taken, but the most rewarding. Physiology was very tough too.

    O-Chem is another that people will complain about. But my prof was amazing, and it was actually something I understand well. Maybe why I'm going to grad school for chemistry
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    1500
    Intermediate I and II accounting. Both really hard.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,924
    vCash
    1500
    Algebra

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    In grad school it was all hard, (My first semester was Neuroanatomy, neurochemistry1, neurophysiology1, and Multivariate statistics.)
    I can see all those neuro classes as extremely hard but multivariate statistics?!?!?!?!?!?! come on bro........that one is easy!!!! Especially compared to all those neuro classes you took!!! lol

    For me, advanced group theory (math) is killer. I'm doing it now. I took intro group theory (also known as abstract algebra.....not that high school algebra most of you are thinking of....google it) already years ago and I'm doing the advanced classes right now. Just to give you an idea of it's difficulty, I have to know 30 plus page proofs, and be able to come up with proofs just as long for other situations. It has algebraic fields, and functions so complex, your brain will explode if you try to even see it ala Indiana Jones.

    I guess everyone is different. I can tackle advanced math, but I'll shake and cry if I ever have to deal with Physiology or anything like that. Isn't Physiology taken in order to be a medical doctor?????

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    I can see all those neuro classes as extremely hard but multivariate statistics?!?!?!?!?!?! come on bro........that one is easy!!!! Especially compared to all those neuro classes you took!!! lol

    For me, advanced group theory (math) is killer. I'm doing it now. I took intro group theory (also known as abstract algebra.....not that high school algebra most of you are thinking of....google it) already years ago and I'm doing the advanced classes right now. Just to give you an idea of it's difficulty, I have to know 30 plus page proofs, and be able to come up with proofs just as long for other situations. It has algebraic fields, and functions so complex, your brain will explode if you try to even see it ala Indiana Jones.

    I guess everyone is different. I can tackle advanced math, but I'll shake and cry if I ever have to deal with Physiology or anything like that. Isn't Physiology taken in order to be a medical doctor?????
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Algebra

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    I can see all those neuro classes as extremely hard but multivariate statistics?!?!?!?!?!?! come on bro........that one is easy!!!! Especially compared to all those neuro classes you took!!! lol

    For me, advanced group theory (math) is killer. I'm doing it now. I took intro group theory (also known as abstract algebra.....not that high school algebra most of you are thinking of....google it) already years ago and I'm doing the advanced classes right now. Just to give you an idea of it's difficulty, I have to know 30 plus page proofs, and be able to come up with proofs just as long for other situations. It has algebraic fields, and functions so complex, your brain will explode if you try to even see it ala Indiana Jones.

    I guess everyone is different. I can tackle advanced math, but I'll shake and cry if I ever have to deal with Physiology or anything like that. Isn't Physiology taken in order to be a medical doctor?????
    My teacher for multivariate, wrote his own book, which was held together with a binder clip... It had a ridiculous number of type-os in it... Which we spent hours going over each class. Then everything was done by hand calculations... It was one of the most frustrating useless classes ever...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,062
    vCash
    1500
    Got a D- in Anatomy and Physiology.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    vCash
    1500
    Anatomy, physics, and organic chemistry

    Physics was just a bunch of doodoo, by far the hardest course I have ever taken

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,684
    vCash
    1500
    Statistics
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •