Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    and If we had to sweeten the pot to get it done I would add Muno and either Familia or Mejia.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    No thanks.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Not trying to be a wank on the Mets site... but, IMO I think the only way AA trades D'arnaud is in a deal for Wheeler or Harvey. The Niese for Arencibia deal could work depending on the other parts. Maybe even Rasmus and Arencibia. The problem for AA dealing a CF is that he traded for both Rasmus and Gose and probably doesn't want to give either up too easily.

For the poster that said JPA + Rajai Davis for Niese...... get er done!

vCash
    No way. JPA isn't even that good. He's expendable with D'Arnaud coming up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I would do it too, but I have a few minor reservations. Rajai doesn't have the career OBP that you would be looking for in a leadoff hitter, and for some reason, leading off doesn't seem to be his best spot in the batting order, but he certainly has the speed that we need in a table setter. His salary is affordable and he plays a credible center field. All in all, I'd rather get Gose if the Jays would trade him, and I'd sweeten the pot a bit to get him.
    Not many do. Reyes' wasn't exactly great either towards the end of his Mets career somewhere along the lines of .353 but I would just welcome some speed after losing Reyes & Pagan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Not many do. Reyes' wasn't exactly great either towards the end of his Mets career somewhere along the lines of .353 but I would just welcome some speed after losing Reyes & Pagan.
    But there's a big difference between .317 (Rajai's career OBP mark) and .353. (Actually, Reyes career OBP is .342, but it was dragged down by his undisciplined approach at the plate early in his career.) I'd welcome some speed too, but .317 is not acceptable in a leadoff hitter. Davis has some desirable attributes, but I would hold out for Gose.

In his first exposure to the majors as a 21 yr old this year, in 189 PAs Gose got on base 54 times and had 15 SBs and only 3 CSs. (An 83% success rate.) That projects out to 43 SBs in a full season. In 2011, at AA New Hampshire he had 70 SBs with a .349 OBP. Last year at AAA Las Vegas he only stole 34 but raised his OBP to .366. I'm in love with this kid.

Now, in MLBTradeRumors, they said that the Jays might include Snydergaard in a trade for Dickey if the Mets gave them a window to negotiate an extension. I'd give the world for a package of D'Arnaud, Gose and Snydergaard. My initial definition of the world would be:

Dickey, (with a window) Murphy, Familia, den Dekker, Tapia, Ceciliani, & Aderlin.
    Last edited by dunbummin; 11-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Not trying to be a wank on the Mets site... but, IMO I think the only way AA trades D'arnaud is in a deal for Wheeler or Harvey. The Niese for Arencibia deal could work depending on the other parts. Maybe even Rasmus and Arencibia. The problem for AA dealing a CF is that he traded for both Rasmus and Gose and probably doesn't want to give either up too easily.

For the poster that said JPA + Rajai Davis for Niese...... get er done!
    You don't think AA would include D'Arnaud in a deal for a package headed by Dickey? I think you're overvaluing JPA. For JPA alone (forget Rajai, I'll seek my leadoff hitter elsewhere) you might get Gee. But I might give up Niese for JPA and Gose. Frankly, though, I really want Travis, so see the deal I propose in my previous post.

vCash
    How much would it take to get Niese and Gee?

Would JPA + Gose for Niese + Gee work?
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post

The Mets will not deal 2/5 of their rotation and I think the Jays would have to add an arm on top of those 2 guys to make such a deal possible happen imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post

JPA + Gose + Syndergaard for Niese + Gee + Flores

But do you guys really need two additional major league starters? How about:

JPA + Gose + Syndergaard for Niese + Familia + Flores, or

JPA + Gose + Syndergaard for Niese + Den Dekker + Flores
    Last edited by dunbummin; 11-22-2012 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    JPA + Gose + Syndergaard for Niese + Gee + Flores

But do you guys really need two additional major league starters? How about:

JPA + Gose + Syndergaard for Niese + Familia + Flores, or

JPA + Gose + Syndergaard for Niese + Den Dekker + Flores
    JPA and Gose had below average years.

I'll trade Niese and Murphy for JPA and Lawrie and Syndergaard.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    No way do they trade Lawrie imo. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    JPA and Gose had below average years.

I'll trade Niese and Murphy for JPA and Lawrie and Syndergaard.
    Get real. Niese and Murphy could get Arencibia and Syndergaard, but no way are they giving up Lawrie. You might possibly get them to throw in a lower level prospect like Kevin Pillar or Danny Barnes, but that's it.

Actually, Gose did not have a below average year. Although his stats for 2012 are hard to judge because they were in Las Vegas, he hit 23 points above his minor league average. His OBP and SLG were similarly above his career averages. Only his SBs were a bit down. I think he has great potential as a leadoff hitter and I'd love to get him.

vCash
    Get real. Niese and Murphy could get Arencibia and Syndergaard, but no way are they giving up Lawrie. You might possibly get them to throw in a lower level prospect like Kevin Pillar or Danny Barnes, but that's it.

Actually, Gose did not have a below average year. Although his stats for 2012 are hard to judge because they were in Las Vegas, he hit 23 points above his minor league average. His OBP and SLG were similarly above his career averages. Only his SBs were a bit down. I think he has great potential as a leadoff hitter and I'd love to get him.
    You get real.
    Then they aren't getting Niese for someone else's trash.

vCash
    I'd trade Niese for Lawrie straight up if they'd do it. No way do I want to deal Niese for Arencibia and Syndergaard. How does that help us at all?

And Gose is vastly overrated. I'd take him, but I wouldn't deal anyone significant for him.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast