Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade With Toronto?

Toronto still wants one more starter, and it is said that Niese interests them. Would you trade Niese, Muno and Tapia for Arencibia and Anthony Gose? What about if they refused to part with Gose, but offerred Rajai Davis?
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    No.

3. 11-17-2012, 09:58 PM
    Reason
    Please don't post images

4. 11-17-2012, 10:19 PM
    Reason
    Please don't post images

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Toronto still wants one more starter, and it is said that Niese interests them. Would you trade Niese, Muno and Tapia for Arencibia and Anthony Gose? What about if they refused to part with Gose, but offerred Rajai Davis?
    I think thats way too much.
    I think Duda alone can net Rajai.
    Lets start there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dasam12 View Post
    I think thats way too much.
    I think Duda alone can net Rajai.
    Lets start there.
    We need a catcher, they have a surplus catcher. Wouldn't you want to include Arencibia? (They probably classify D'Arnaud untouchable and I don't want Buck.)

After his dropoff last season there is considerable uncertainty about Duda. I think he has lost much of his trade value and I don't think he gets Rajai by himself.

Gee, Duda and Lawley for Arencibia and Rajai?

vCash
    We need a catcher, they have a surplus catcher. Wouldn't you want to include Arencibia? (They probably classify D'Arnaud untouchable and I don't want Buck.)

After his dropoff last season there is considerable uncertainty about Duda. I think he has lost much of his trade value and I don't think he gets Rajai by himself.

Arencibia is expendable now that they have Buck as their backup with D'Arnaud as their future catcher for the next 10 seasons. I would do that trade you proposed. Arencibia alone helps us out a great deal and Davis' speed at the leadoff position is gravy.

vCash
    Reyes and its a deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Arencibia is expendable now that they have Buck as their backup with D'Arnaud as their future catcher for the next 10 seasons. I would do that trade you proposed. Arencibia alone helps us out a great deal and Davis' speed at the leadoff position is gravy.
    I would do it too, but I have a few minor reservations. Rajai doesn't have the career OBP that you would be looking for in a leadoff hitter, and for some reason, leading off doesn't seem to be his best spot in the batting order, but he certainly has the speed that we need in a table setter. His salary is affordable and he plays a credible center field. All in all, I'd rather get Gose if the Jays would trade him, and I'd sweeten the pot a bit to get him.

vCash
    If the offered Davis instead of Gose, then we'd need to lessen our offer, too.

vCash

Absolutely, lets try and get JP Arencibia.
    I think Duda's furniture injury will hurt more than his production last year.
    Just our luck.

I would rather trade Mejiaa vs Gee to be honest.
    Who is Lawley?

vCash
    JPA is nothing special, I would rather give up a boatload for D'Arnaud....need a impact bat for years to come to help out Wright/Davis.

Niese, Flores and Juan Urbina for D'Arnaud, Dustin McGowan and Raja Davis

What do you guys think? We can still have a future rotation with guys like Dickey-Wheeler-Harvey-Gee-Pelfrey-Familia-Mejia-Gorski-Fulmer

Flores doesn't really have a position to play with us anyways.

vCash
    I'd like the Mets to get Arencibia and Gose, and would add another lower prospect to get those two.

The problem with Davis is that his best asset is his speed and he's already 32 years old. Wil Gose is 21 and would still be a pup when the Mets hope to be good.

This part of the year (mid-November to the winter meetings) is my least favorite time as a baseball fan, too many rumors but very few deals.

vCash
    Arenciba isn't that special. I don't know much about Gose, but that seems like way too much to give up. JP is ok...he has some HR pop...but seemingly everyone hits them in Toronto...and he's posted a god awful OBP every year. Overall yes he's was much more productive than Thole this year (almost everyone was) but they need to get a legit impact bat if they are going to deal Niese IMO...not a guy with an OPS+ of 88. JP might improve, but its not like he's super young...I'd rather trade Niese for more of a sure thing

vCash
    I personally think we can get Flowers or JP for not as much as people think. Maybe Mejia and another lesser prospect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    If the offered Davis instead of Gose, then we'd need to lessen our offer, too.
    You apparently think Niese, Muno (our #20 prospect) and Tapia (our #10) are too much to give for J.P. and Rajai. Do you think Gee, Muno and Tapia would do it, or is subbing Gee too much of a downgrade? Suggest something.

vCash
    You apparently think Niese, Muno (our #20 prospect) and Tapia (our #10) are too much to give for J.P. and Rajai. Do you think Gee, Muno and Tapia would do it, or is subbing Gee too much of a downgrade? Suggest something.
    Gee had a better FIP and XFIP than Niese last year.

I think people forget how good Gee was before he went down.

Saying that, you keep the lefty with the bigger upside.

Arencibia was ok last year but his rWAR was only 1.4.

Is that enough of a significance to warrant trading a solid young SP?
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-18-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast