Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Anderson

vCash

Ryan Anderson

I hate making threads like this, but I'm curious about how people perceive Ryno now. I know a lot of people, including Magic fans last year, felt that he was only a product of Dwight. I wasn't really on board with that thought process, and I know that this season is wildly young, but that doesn't seem to be the case this year.

He really hasn't skipped a beat this year. He's playing as well as ever. And even last year when he won MIP, he really only improved because he got more minutes. His per 36 numbers and advanced stats didn't change much...AKA he was as good as he was last year the year before, but he just didn't get the minutes. Basically, he played at a very very high level his last two years in Orlando.

Does he crack your top 10 PFs? I'm not even sure if that's the question I'm asking...I just want to know what people think of him. I do realize that he's now a 6th man, and maybe that's helping his stats, but he's still getting 31 minutes a game.

People laugh at me when I suggest that LA would potentially be better off with him than Pau, but I don't think it's ridiculous. He was arguably better than Pau last year...and, again, hasn't dropped off yet this year.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    lakers will need more than just him

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Pau-for-Ryan...because that's not ultimately what I'm interested in. I just wanna know how people value him.

Great stretch 4. Great offensive rebounder. Solid - not great - but solid defender. Great shooter. Can run the court.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    didnt realize he was such a beast on the boards... and to think we gave up just Ayon to get him. been really impressive and is pretty much our best offensive player. it would take alot to pry him away from us imo and would be stupid to trade pretty much our only offensive weapon

vCash
    To be honest, I never really thought too much of him, but those stats are fairly impressive. My question is: why can't he actually get 36mpg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    To be honest, I never really thought too much of him, but those stats are fairly impressive. My question is: why can't he actually get 36mpg?
    because he's our only player that can score off the bench...i understand he should be starting but our bench needs him.

vCash
    I like him. Pretty good rebounder too, the guy does work in the paint quietly. Deadly from 3, and is the perfect stretch 4.

ManRam... perhaps the strangest move of the offseason was the Magic re-upping Jameer instead of paying Anderson. Am I wrong? Did Anderson want to leave? I just didn't understand paying Jameer $25 mill over 3 years although the 3rd year being a team option, over paying similar money to Anderson. I think Anderson is making the exact same amount per season as Nelson... but again, they have a team option for Nelson. Still though, Anderson is really young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    didnt realize he was such a beast on the boards... and to think we gave up just Ayon to get him. been really impressive and is pretty much our best offensive player. it would take alot to pry him away from us imo and would be stupid to trade pretty much our only offensive weapon
    Good point. Also the phrase who dat makes me want to puke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    because he's our only player that can score off the bench...i understand he should be starting but our bench needs him.
    That still doesn't mean he couldn't get 36 minutes. It also dates back to Orlando. I am just curious as to why he hasn't broken that mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thrice4 View Post
    Good point. Also the phrase who dat makes me want to puke.
    lol ok

vCash
    That still doesn't mean he couldn't get 36 minutes. It also dates back to Orlando. I am just curious as to why he hasn't broken that mark.
    I don't know. The Magic have always had good depth at PF. Brandon Bass and BBD were always good enough to not over-work Anderson.

His first year in Orlando, Lewis was still a great player. His second year he had Bass and Lewis (for 1/3rd of the season) to contend with. Bass was always in SVG's doghouse for defensive reasons, something which SVG never once complained about Anderson.

And Bruno, I was kinda surprised to see us re-sign Nelson. I never thought we'd keep Anderson. It was clear this off-season that we were gonna rebuild. 4 years 36 million was too much for a team looking to bottom out and start from scratch. I guess they felt that the team needed one leader...and that was Nelson. I love Jam Jam, even more than Ryno, but I'd imagine/hope we trade him soon. Even if you are trying to bottom out (the organization denies it), you still some semblance of a veteran leader...and that's Jameer.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    yea, i'd love to see him get more.

vCash
    Spoze!

vCash
    I would trade Gasol for him straight up.

vCash
    w.e

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast