Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is Petrie past his prime?

Just noticing that we have had troubles filling most positions with a clear cut starter... Which is probably most important when rebuilding. Other than cousins, who is set at any position?

Now, we have made questionable trades, and signed questionable players, and suddenly, our cap space is gone. So we have no cap space. A future first round pickis gone. And have very little to show for improvement.

Is Petrie underperforming?

As for the draft, I think we as a whole could have picked better players recently. The only great pick was cousins. And it was basically him or Monroe that year... Both would be good picks.

I know the jimmer year, there were plenty of better picks. And before I get the argument that he maloofs made that pick.... Isn't it the GMs job to let the owners know that his expert opinion goes against the pick.

I just think of how different players like Kamba, leanard or even lillard this year could have made a difference to what we are seeing progress. Now, hopefully T-Rob is the long term answer at PF... But hadwe picked lillard, there would be no question....

So I ask you, is Petrie done?...

vCash
    I think so, unless the team does a complete 180. Petrie has had time to build up the roster now. We can't have a rebuilding phase that lasts six seasons. Going into the year I felt that this was a make or break season for Petrie and we're looking broke. I wasn't expecting playoffs or anything, but 35 wins was a reasonable expectation. I also think that passing on Lillard is really going to hurt his case at the end of the year. Then again, I'm also scared of who the Maloofs might get to replace him.

vCash
    I have thought for a few seasons that he has sucked. Besides the Thorton trade its been awhile where I would say he made a good trade. I did not like his 1st round picks the last 2 seasons. I am not going to complain about the James Johnson trade since all we gave up was a 2nd round pick, I felt and still feel that was a good worthwhile trade. Also when is the last time the Kings made a good gamble on a player or a free agent. Chuck Hayes is looking solid this season so that is one that might pan out.

vCash
    You're only as good as your last move. Since he hasn't made an aggressive move we all think he's "past his prime", but as soon as a trade goes down we'll all say, "Petrie's the man!"

When things are going bad it makes Petrie look bad because he hasn't corrected the issue, but once he does everyone will be on his jock again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Just noticing that we have had troubles filling most positions with a clear cut starter... Which is probably most important when rebuilding. Other than cousins, who is set at any position?

Now, we have made questionable trades, and signed questionable players, and suddenly, our cap space is gone. So we have no cap space. A future first round pickis gone. And have very little to show for improvement.

Is Petrie underperforming?

As for the draft, I think we as a whole could have picked better players recently. The only great pick was cousins. And it was basically him or Monroe that year... Both would be good picks.

I know the jimmer year, there were plenty of better picks. And before I get the argument that he maloofs made that pick.... Isn't it the GMs job to let the owners know that his expert opinion goes against the pick.

I just think of how different players like Kamba, leanard or even lillard this year could have made a difference to what we are seeing progress. Now, hopefully T-Rob is the long term answer at PF... But hadwe picked lillard, there would be no question....

So I ask you, is Petrie done?...
    You would think that, but the Maloofs aren't a normal ownership.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Petrie is still the man.

Magoof's are too involved int he front office.

Also, it's hard for Petrie to make trades for players or sign players when no one wants to come here because of the owners.

Basically, it's the Magoof's, not Petrie.

vCash
    Petrie has settled in and got too comfortable. Throw me and there and I would wheel and deal for a cohesive roster centered around Cousins. He needs a Marcus Camby type player to step in when Cousins wants to act a fool'.

Look at the roster it's a bunch of high volume guards, oh and Cousins. Other than Cousins and maybe Thomas Robinson everyone else is trade-able/expendable. YES, including Jimmer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    You're only as good as your last move. Since he hasn't made an aggressive move we all think he's "past his prime", but as soon as a trade goes down we'll all say, "Petrie's the man!"

When things are going bad it makes Petrie look bad because he hasn't corrected the issue, but once he does everyone will be on his jock again.
    I think you are wrong about being as good as your sat move. Petrie as been given the benefit of the doubt for a while... Even by myself.

We still defend him by blaming the maloofs instead....

Petrie would have to make a genius move to be "the man" at his point.

vCash
    This whole organization from the top down is pathetic.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Rick Adelman should've never been fired for a Brent Barry 3-pointer.

We've been a joke ever since that game.

vCash
    There is so much I want to say however I bet his moves have made sence when they were done that just didn't pan out. But the coaching staff.. that's where I'm putting all the blame on. I still say woith web going down everyone was handcuffed for years and years and years. But the getting our draft picks talent to come out and become more then potential, that's where I think the damage has been done. I love smart's team focus stuff, but they just seem to not beale to play together anyway. No one seems to be an expert in their position, they all can play, but they all seem to be playing out of position. Is cuz a 4 or a 5? Tyreke.. 1,2, or 3? T rob alittle undersized. Jimmer 1 or 2? Brooks ands I.t. undersized. garcia and outtlaw, good size and play where they play but don't get playing time. Hayes undersized. J.t. 4 or 5? J.j. good size but as a 3 he can't shoot. Maybe I'm sick of tweeners. Maybe after web got hurt petrie had to fill in with tweeners and now, he might be suck thinking that way.

vCash
    I agree look at the Memphis Grizzlies they used to be a horrible team from 2006-2009 winning about 22 games and losing about 60 games a season and in just a 3 yr turn around making the right moves and trades they are now a playoff contender team. That's a perfect example of what should have happen here with Petrie but instead its keeps getting worse season after season for our Kings.

vCash
    At some point you have to quit living off your past success. Petrie has not done crap in a long time.