Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seattle4Ever Guest

Cliche "I need a split/routine" thread

Hey guys.

The gist is this: I've been lifting for about 3-4 years and I like to think I'm in the intermediate-advanced range. I'm not yet to the point where I can do a body part a day (and not sure it's every appropriate because of how much rest you get) but I'm probably past the Upper/Lower split phase.

Basically what I'm asking is what split or routine it is that you use. I've done quite a few, and I think I've had the most success with Push/Pull/Legs and U/L/R/U/L, but obviously you're always having to change and adapt.

I'm back from college until September and probably starting on Monday, so it'd be nice to get some feedback by then. I lifted fall quarter, did Crossfit winter quarter, and did Crossfit spring quarter with some lifting mixed in when I could.

Note: I've created my own routines and have also used Bodybuilding.com ones too. It's hard to find good ones because they're usually so gimmicky.

Here's two routines I've used in the past. I tend to shy away from one's like the second link because there's so much rest and I feel it's too much for myself, personally.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149807833

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body...g-program.html
    Last edited by Seattle4Ever; 06-27-2014 at 11:20 PM.

I do a body part a day and have been since day one. I've put on a lot of mass with tons of strength.

Chest/abs
    Back/abs
    Shoulder/traps/abs
    Legs/abs
    Biceps/triceps

Each abb workout focuses on a different part of the core.

When I started lifting 2 1/2 years ago my max on bench was 205. Now I can bench 350.. Probably more now since that was a few months ago.

I love my one group a day and don't think I will ever change it

As far as rest goes sometime I feel like I need more rest with the workouts I do

Seattle4Ever Guest
    I just feel like seven days of rest is soooo much. Your muscles are ready in three. But at the same time you do work them really hard....

Yes. I lift for about 45-50 minutes and 10-15 abs

Seattle4Ever Guest
    No matter what I do it usually takes a little over an hour. I try to keep it shorter if I can.

There is no way I could go back to the same lift in 3-4 days. I'm normally sore for like 2-3 days after a lift

Seattle4Ever Guest

Cliche "I need a split/routine" thread

Well if you do P/P/L then that's perfect. Unless you're having to work it out when is still a tiny bit sore. It's good for me.

I just don't want to keep doing the same things, but I might just do it again.
    Last edited by Seattle4Ever; 06-27-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: .

Ppl?

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Ppl?
    Push/Pull/Legs/Rest repeat

I could never get into that routine.. I guess I'm just set in my ways and I'm getting fabulous results

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Yeah whatever works. Maybe I'm overanalyzing. A body part a day could be perfectly fine.

Sorry im with thumper. When i'm trying to really tone i do some full body workouts and blast the **** out of the cardio. Otherwise, i've been a body part a day from the jump and for me i feel thats what brings power.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Before I go for max rep I take 8-9 days off from that body part. That's when I'm the strongest

Seattle4Ever Guest
    Honestly thinking about it that might be when I was the biggest/strongest. Maybe it's just in my head and in overanalyzing the rest like I said.

Do you guys have any specific workouts? Or do you do your own?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast