Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Crazy Expansion Idea

Alright, so the rumors of Virginia and Georgia Tech going to the Big Ten got me thinking.

If that were to happen the ACC would most likely implode, either quickly, or slowly. Florida State, Clemson, and possibly Miami could be Big 12 bound. the SEC has their eye on either UNC and Duke or NC State and Virginia Tech.

I don't think the Big 12 is going to implode anymore so that rules out Texas, Oklahoma and the lot, and the rest of our Westerly schools aren't very good matches (heck, Utah wasn't a perfect match by any stretch). So that would seemingly leave the Pac-12 out of the expansion race... or would it?

If the doomsday scenario starts to play out, what if the Pac-12 invited a 4 team pod from the East beginning with North Carolina and Duke? They could then choose between NC State, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, or Boston College.

I know it would be a lot of travel for the teams in that pod, but not an outrageous amount. They would play all 3 of the other teams in their conference and then essentially have a home and home with the other 3 pods, meaning 3 West Coast trips.

Do you think something like this is even possible? Feasible? Am I a complete moron for thinking it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Sounds cool but you have to remember they are "Student" Athletes, that sort of schedule would be too tough on a youngster.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.