.. @

(7-3)_______@_______(4-6)

Time:9:00 PM ET
    [B]Channel:Check Local Listings

Projected Starting Lineups

Mario Chalmers - Dwayne Wade - Shane Battier - Lebron James - Chris Bosh

Goran Dragic - Jared Dudley - Michael Beasley - Luis Scola - Marcin Gortat

Preview:

The Miami Heat leaned on LeBron James in their most recent victory, and they may have to do so again with Dwyane Wade and Mario Chalmers nursing injuries.

Wade and Chalmers may not play when Miami closes out its six-game road trip Saturday night against a Phoenix Suns team it dominated two weeks ago.

With Wade out with a sprained left foot and Chalmers leaving in the first quarter with a strained right triceps, James had 27 points, 12 assists and seven rebounds to help the Heat (7-3) beat Denver 98-93 on Thursday.

James hit 11 of 23 shots and recorded his eighth double-double of the season.

"I just tried to go to another level," James said. "I just tried to find a little bit of energy to help our team win the ballgame and fortunately I was able to do that."

How much of the burden he'll have to shoulder Saturday remains to be seen. Though neither Wade's nor Chalmers' injuries seem serious, they may keep each from playing for at least one more game.

James seems to be feeling a bit under the weather, too. He had an ice pack on his shoulder following Thursday's win and took to Twitter early Saturday morning mentioning he's not feeling well.

"Hate feeling like this. The bug is going around," James tweeted, also writing he had a headache and stomach ache.

Wade was injured in Wednesday's loss to the Clippers, but coach Erik Spoelstra doesn't think he'll be out too long. Chalmers said he hopes to be ready for Saturday.

"It's not anything major," Spoelstra said of Wade. "He has a bunch of little, minor, nagging injuries, so we'll continue to take it day by day."

Mike Miller started in place of Wade on Thursday and Norris Cole likely will start if Chalmers can't go despite hitting only 3 of 12 shots and scoring seven points in nearly 39 minutes against Denver.

James, averaging 28.7 points in his career versus the Suns, scored 23 and grabbed 11 boards in a 124-99 win over Phoenix on Nov. 5, marking Miami's fifth straight victory in the series.

The struggling Suns (4-6), who have trailed by double digits in nine of their 10 games, hope to end that streak after losing 114-102 to the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, falling for the third time in four contests.

"We had a lot of unforced turnovers," said Jermaine O'Neal, who scored a season-high 12 points. "That was the difference-maker."

Goran Dragic scored a team-best 22 points while Luis Scola added 18 for Phoenix, which has allowed at least 100 points in seven of the last eight games.

Its opponents are shooting 47.3 percent, which ranks 28th in the NBA.

"We've got to get ourselves to the point where we become significant again," coach Alvin Gentry said. "And the only way to do that is to be consistent."

The Suns are 3-2 at US Airways Center this season, but they have lost four straight home matchups with the Heat. Phoenix hasn't beaten Miami on its own court since a 108-80 rout on Jan. 5, 2007, in a game Wade also didn't play due to injury.

Source: ESPN

vCash
    No word yet on who won't play for Miami. Some say Wade, Lebron, and Chalmers, but there's no confirmation.

vCash
    Wade is likely out, Lebron is yet to be evaluated and Chalmers is playing, supposedly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Wade is likely out, Lebron is yet to be evaluated and Chalmers is playing, supposedly.
    You're correct good sir. There's a good chance LeBron still plays, but odds are he sits since this game marks the end of our road trip and we get 3 full off days. Regardless, this game will be close. I expect Phoenix to come out gunning.....

vCash
    If no Lebron then I expect Beasley to have a pretty good game.

vCash
    i decided not to be too optimistic this year.. does not mean i wont be watching anymore nor wont be cheering for my team -- im just looking forward to the upcoming draft

still...... Go Suns!

vCash
    Another slow start. What a shock. We're starting to see who this team really is.

vCash
    Gentry needs to change the lineups. I don't understand what he's waiting for.

vCash
    This is what we missed with Nash. Dragic can steal and defend. I love it.

vCash
    Beasley looking good so far. Good decisions.

vCash
    I hope Lebron is ok and all but he better not have gotten any of our guys sick.

vCash
    Beasley playing really well. Inspired.

vCash
    Dragic and beas playing very well

vCash
    Dragic is so awesome, need Lebron come to back in. Otherwise we will win lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I hope Lebron is ok and all but he better not have gotten any of our guys sick.
    lol, hopefully he infects beasley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast