Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terencem View Post
    I have very little faith in Trey McNutt at this point. He was a pop-up prospect for one season and hasn't been able to duplicate that success over the last 2 seasons.
    To think the FO chose to deal Archer instead of him... sad. That trade for Garza could have been a huge steal if we had dealt McNutt lol.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    To think the FO chose to deal Archer instead of him... sad. That trade for Garza could have been a huge steal if we had dealt McNutt lol.
    Archer is at best a 5th starter and he may actually end up in the bullpen as well.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Archer is at best a 5th starter and he may actually end up in the bullpen as well.
    That's better than what McNutt is right now.

vCash
    With the Angels acquisition of Madson and already having Walden and Frieri available to close if he goes down, are they still going to pony up for Fujikawa? I have my doubts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    That's better than what McNutt is right now.
    Well only if he were still on our team would it make much difference as he still might be in the bullpen even if with the Cubs. I am saying that either one will be no better than a number 5 pitcher or a bullpen arm in the future as they both have concerns.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    With the Angels acquisition of Madson and already having Walden and Frieri available to close if he goes down, are they still going to pony up for Fujikawa? I have my doubts.
    The Angels bullpen struggled almost as much as the Cubs bullpen last season. I could see them wanting to stock up.

EDIT: Just caught the tail end of an interview with Jerry Dipoto. No mention of Fujikawa. Mostly Trout and Madson discussion.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 11-29-2012 at 06:01 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Patrick Mooney:

Hoyer confirms meeting with Japanese closer Fujikawa, says #Cubs came away impressed, but wouldn't comment on timetable for negotiations.

vCash
    Tim Brown:

Japanese right-hander Fujikawa is nearing a decision and am hearing the Angels are frontrunners.
    Another random tweet speculates that the Angels have offered a two-year deal with a high AAV.

vCash
    This is the first time I'll be slightly upset if we lose this guy. Not that he's the greatest but we shouldnt be getting outbid on short-term deals for assets. Though maybe this is more a west-coast bias, not dollars.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal:

Rival executives involved in bidding for Japanese closer Fujikawa expect him to sign with #Angels

Fujikawa, 32, would give #Angels another late-inning option, joining Frieri, Downs and Madson.

vCash
    That really sucks.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    That really sucks.
    He hasn't yet, but if he does, then I suppose it's on to the next one. No shame in Rodriguez and/or Adams. Seems like the bullpen is a priority this off-season.

“Whenever you build a bullpen, you want as many guys that have a chance to pitch late in the game as possible,” Hoyer said. “Carlos had a great second half (1.52 ERA). He struggled in April. He lost the job and to his credit he worked really hard to get it back and pitched really well. If we bring in someone that has closing experience – or a number of guys that have that kind of experience – that’s no knock on Carlos.

“Every team in baseball wants to have an assortment of guys back there that – if the need arises – can pitch in the ninth inning. Hopefully, we can do that. Our bullpen put too much pressure last year on (Shawn) Camp and (James) Russell and Marmol and we have to avoid that. We need to bring in a really good number of arms to make that goal a reality.”

vCash
    The front office showed last offseason that they can talk a good game. I'll believe the bullpen is actually a priority when it's improved.

vCash
    We got him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    The front office showed last offseason that they can talk a good game. I'll believe the bullpen is actually a priority when it's improved.
    There's this from Ken Rosenthal...

Sources: #Cubs in agreement with Japanese closer Kyuji Fujikawa. Rival executives involved in bidding had expected him to go to #Angels.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast