Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    You got relievers? Well take em

vCash
    hopefully he doesn't hit that dreaded "wall" japenese relievers seem to hit. Go get him though we could use a reliever. Got a feeling he ends up a dodger though.

vCash
    I would sign if the money doesnt get to crazy then try and deal Marmol for something decent.

vCash
    I will pass. He is older already and he will probably not succeed here.

When your closet's clean, then come clean somebody else's. But clean yours first, okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiCubsFan View Post
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiCubsFan View Post
    FO has had success with this market... No reason to assume he won't succeed here, like at all.

Team needs assets, Fujikawa definitely fits that description. Zero reason to rationally be against the team signing him...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    FO has had success with this market... No reason to assume he won't succeed here, like at all.

Team needs assets, Fujikawa definitely fits that description. Zero reason to rationally be against the team signing him...
    Yeah I don't really understand the initial reactions...he's an asset, and we have money. Oh, and our bullpen blew last year. And contenders typically seek BP help at the deadline regardless. It's pretty straightforward in my view.

vCash
    I have not heard any ball park of numbers on him? Are we looking closer to 4 mil a year or 10?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post

Ok I do agree. I should maybe hear numbers before I made a statement like that. However, I will go back to that feeling if we do pay him good money that we could have given a proven guy.

When your closet's clean, then come clean somebody else's. But clean yours first, okay.

vCash
    As expected, Fujikawa has met with the Angels. Los Angeles Times beat writer Mike DiGiovanna:

#Angels intensify pursuit of Japanese reliever Kyuji Fujikawa, who met with GM Jerry Dipoto, MGR Mike Scioscia and toured stadium Saturday.

vCash
    Patrick Newman @npbtracker:

Don Nomura says that Kyuji Fujikawa has 10 offers and has narrowed his search down to 5 teams {Link}

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Patrick Newman @npbtracker:
    Don Nomura, welcome to last week... Signed, Common Sense (co-signed the Present)

Sorry guys, in a mood...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    His fastball sits at the 92 mph range, and tops out at close to 95. MLB players can hit low 90's fastballs like it's for free. I would pass on this 32 year old who appears to have already peaked.

I also believe he'll sign with one of LA teams.........
    Last edited by thawv; 11-20-2012 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    I don't see the Cubs getting him, but I'd like the move if they could manage it.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Roto:

"According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Japanese reliever Kyuji Fujikawa prefers to play for the Angels or Cubs but hasn't ruled out the Diamondbacks.
    It sounds like Fujikawa has narrowed his choices down to three teams after narrowing it from 10 teams to five teams last week. What's not clear is if the Halos are still interested after they locked up Ryan Madson. Fujikawa could potentially be used as a closer with the Cubs but would be used in a setup role with the Angels or D'Backs."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast