Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cubs Interested in Japanese Closer Kyuji Fujikawa

Free-agent right-hander Kyuji Fujikawa, whom the Texas Rangers have scouted, has started visits with major-league clubs.

Fujikawa, considered among the top closers in Nippon Pro Baseball over the last decade, toured the facilities of Arizona and the Chicago Cubs in the last week. He is expected to also visit with the Los Angeles Angels and Los Angeles Dodgers, both of whom have expressed interest.

It is not known if the Rangers are on Fujikawa’s itinerary.

Fukijawa, 32, was 2-2 with 24 saves and a 1.32 ERA in 47 2/3 innings this season with Hanshin of the Japan Central League. Fujikawa is considered a power pitcher with a mid-90s mph fastball. He has averaged 11.9 strikeouts per nine innings in his career
    http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/20...ue-clubs.html/

We'd probably be one of the few teams that could offer him a shot to close right away, assuming Marmol is traded.

vCash
    ohhhhhhh me likey

vCash
    Yes please. Team needs relief help badly. There's potential pen arms, but he's ready to go.

vCash
    It's hard to argue with any pitchers that are brought in, as long as the price is decent, seeing how lackng the organization is from top to bottom in arms.

vCash
    would he part of the bidding process? or is he a free agent out right? either way basically any pitching is an upgrade yes at the right price.

vCash
    Yes please, we need power arms out of the bullpen in the worst way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    would he part of the bidding process? or is he a free agent out right? either way basically any pitching is an upgrade yes at the right price.
    Flat out FA.

vCash
    99% chance of Dodgerdom in his future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    99% chance of Dodgerdom in his future.
    Maybe. The LA teams have location, the Rangers have Darvish, and the Cubs probably provide the best opportunity to close out of the teams. We'll see what he values most, if the money is similar that is. Though maybe I shouldn't assume that last part.

vCash
    5 years 50 million from dodgers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    5 years 50 million from dodgers.
    Probably. lol

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    don't offer him an outrageous contract. keep the money for other stuff
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    I tend to think along the lines of the bleachernation guy, that our interest is purely about getting an undervalued asset. Like say if his talent merits Heath Bell money but he'll only cost Jeremy Affeldt money or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    I tend to think along the lines of the bleachernation guy, that our interest is purely about getting an undervalued asset. Like say if his talent merits Heath Bell money but he'll only cost Jeremy Affeldt money or something.
    This kind of talk over the last few months scares me. Sure I understand not signing albatross contracts but all of the moves and rumors so far point to the Cubs being a bottom dweller bargain hunter. And this isn't directed at you buddy, just the overall feeling I'm getting. Oh my God let's not pay a really good closer 5 mil over market so we can trade Marmol for a decent spec.

I'm still waiting for the Cubs to use their muscles this offseason (money) and to find clever ways to add talent (with money). Maybe someone should tel Jed it's ok to splurge a little bit and that he doesn't infact work for the Padres any more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    This kind of talk over the last few months scares me. Sure I understand not signing albatross contracts but all of the moves and rumors so far point to the Cubs being a bottom dweller bargain hunter. And this isn't directed at you buddy, just the overall feeling I'm getting. Oh my God let's not pay a really good closer 5 mil over market so we can trade Marmol for a decent spec.

I'm still waiting for the Cubs to use their muscles this offseason (money) and to find clever ways to add talent (with money). Maybe someone should tel Jed it's ok to splurge a little bit and that he doesn't infact work for the Padres any more.
    You can tell them that all you want, but that's just not going to happen.

The team will make moves, but the front office has been trying to send out warning signals to the fan base since September that this team is not going to be flexing the muscles this off season. There hasn't been much this team has done to suggest in the last year that they feel they're ready yet. Not debating the plan, but I really think you're going to be disappointed if this is what you expected.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast