Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I am pretty sure that, when they talk of a two year extension it means he would be here for 3 years. They've already exercised his 2013 option, so the 2 year extension would cover 2014 and 2105.

There seems to be a fairly even split on trading him or keeping him. I wonder, if you could get J.P. Arencibia and Anthony Gose from Toronto, or Shin-Soo Choo, Carlos Santana and Jose Ramirez from Cleveland, would you pull the trigger on a Dickey deal?
    Last edited by dunbummin; 11-17-2012 at 11:55 PM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I am pretty sure that, when they talk of a two year extension it means he would be here for 3 years. They's already exercised his 2013 option, so the 2 year extension would cover 2014 and 2105.

There seems to be a fairly even split on trading him or keeping him. I wonder, if you could get J.P. Arencibia and Anthony Gose from Toronto, or Shin-Soo Coo, Carlos Santana and Jose Ramirez from Cleveland, would you pull the trigger on a Dickey deal?
    Throw in syndergaard and I would consider Toronto deal, but look at Detroit. They are very close and definitely are in win now mode.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Mets MAY be close to Dickey re-up.

I MAY take a dump later.

Same amount of verifiability.

If Detroit is gonna load up and try to win the WS this year, and they want Dickey to back up Verlander, you absolutely make them pay through the nose. They were already in the WS this last year, and RA is the reigning Cy Young winner.

If they don't blow us away with an offer, you hold onto Dickey. We shouldn't even think about settling for a package we don't absolutely love. The amn shouldn't come cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    RA was on w Francesa after winning the award, and Mike asked him why he'd sign with the Mets. Dickey stated he had a sit down with SA and that he [Dickey] totally bought into what SA was saying and SA's plan for the future.
    That is interesting.

R.A. Dickey is one of the few guys that I would actually trust to speak truthfully. So if he says that he has bought into Alderson's plans, then I really believe it. Shocking, but true.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Throw in syndergaard and I would consider Toronto deal, but look at Detroit. They are very close and definitely are in win now mode.
    You have very good taste, but believe me, you're not getting Syndergaard along with Gose and Arencibia. He's their #4 prospect and profiles a bit better than Nicolino who went to Miami. Ya say you want more for your money, tell ya what I'm gonna do. How about Arencibia, Gose, and two unrated prospects - Kevin Pillar and Danny Barnes?

I have looked at Detroit. They don't seeem to match up well. I can't imagine them giving up Austin Jackson. Perhaps a package of Nick Castellanos, Adam Wilk, Thomas Collier and Curt Casali. What do you think?
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I do not think the Mets can get a stud for Dickey, but a solid package of 2 B level guys.
    Agree.

I would say B+ level guys that can help in the near or immediate future.

Sadly, I don't see him being signed, but traded.

Rumor Has It She Will Do Anything For The Mets To Trade For Tulo

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I'll believe it when I see it, it's not the right thing to do IMO, a trade is the best scenario, but it's not like the Mets will compete any time soon anyway with the Creepons doing their best to drown the franchise. So, with that in mind i'm happy watching a great player stay a Met.

Thing is, we'll trade guys away and still go nowhere anyway, i'd rather watch DW play out his career than take the gamble.

Any thought of trading Niese away is brain-dead IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    I'd keep him for several reasons. First, he's a great pitcher. A rotation of Dickey, Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, and possibly Johan sounds freaking ridiculous, and I'm excited about it.

Secondly, he's worth more to us than he is to others, meaning we'd be trading from a position of weakness. Not only would a trade partner have to pay him, they'd also have to give up prospects for the right, so it's not likely we'd pull a Wheeler-type player in return.

Third, he's maybe the greatest story in baseball in a long time, and a quality human being. That's the kind of guy I want on the Mets. I want to root for him, and if I'm the Wilpons, he's the kind of guy I want beside David Wright as a face of the franchise.
    Woody, if I can find room, would you like to join our Church?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Woody, if I can find room, would you like to join our Church?
    As long as I don't have to pay a tithe, sure.

vCash
    Secondly, he's worth more to us than he is to others, meaning we'd be trading from a position of weakness. Not only would a trade partner have to pay him, they'd also have to give up prospects for the right, so it's not likely we'd pull a Wheeler-type player in return.
    Outside of age Dickey is actually the better deal than Beltran.

Beltran was in the last year of his contract just like Dickey. Difference is you get Dickey for a full year and for a lot cheaper. Not to mention if you look at the situation with Beltran the Giants gave up Wheeler and needed to pay Beltran if they wanted to keep him.

Some team on the brink of a world series would give up top prospects for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Outside of age Dickey is actually the better deal than Beltran.

Beltran was in the last year of his contract just like Dickey. Difference is you get Dickey for a full year and for a lot cheaper. Not to mention if you look at the situation with Beltran the Giants gave up Wheeler and needed to pay Beltran if they wanted to keep him.

Some team on the brink of a world series would give up top prospects for him.
    [Bold emphasis mine]

Outside of age, yes he is. The problem is that you're talking about a July deal, not a November one. Teams give up prospects for rentals at the deadline, not at the Winter Meetings. Reason being, you don't know what that final piece is until you're out there playing every day. Today, R.A. is still worth more to us than he is to another team because other teams aren't going to trade away top prospects for a one-year rental.

That isn't to say he has no value, obviously, but he's not going to bring us the haul we'd all like.

vCash
    [Bold emphasis mine]

Outside of age, yes he is. The problem is that you're talking about a July deal, not a November one. Teams give up prospects for rentals at the deadline, not at the Winter Meetings. Reason being, you don't know what that final piece is until you're out there playing every day. Today, R.A. is still worth more to us than he is to another team because other teams aren't going to trade away top prospects for a one-year rental.

That isn't to say he has no value, obviously, but he's not going to bring us the haul we'd all like.
    You sure about teams not giving up prospects for a 1 year rental? We did it with Santana and then signed him. That is what teams do in this kind of situation.

vCash
    If I had to guess on what Dickey will sign for, it could be a two year extension, with a $6 million bonus to up his 2013 money, plus at least one option year with he can make guaranteed based on games started, or another CY Young win.

I'd look for a 3 year $36 (2013 $5.0 million (+2 million bonus) 2014 $11 million (+$2 million bonus) 2015 $11 million ($2 million bonus) 2016 option $10 million, ($3 million buyout)

vCash
    Something similar to what Jake Peavey received from the White Sox.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    As long as I don't have to pay a tithe, sure.
    No tithing, no rules, no ceremonies, no holidays, no dietary restrictions, etc.

the only requirement is that you have faith in Robert Allen, which clearly you do.

Welcome Brother WoodyHoopz!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast