Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That's why I said not that it'd matter... I just want a team in KC or STL so I could actually see a Bulls game easier/closer, without having to take a vacation and plan in advance. An Eastern Conference team would probably be best if I had a choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    the metro area is about as big(in pop) as denver
    I started reading about it in another forum and they mentioned Denver as well...

Originally Posted by stlouisan
    Denver also has a lot of tourism that I don't think St. Louis gets, which might be a reason they get a lot of other support. Not to mention, Denver has a lot of medium-sized areas close by to it...Fort Collins, Cheyenne, Colorado Springs...and lots of tourist destinations. I would be willing to bet a lot of Denver's sports population comes from all around Colorado. Without the Rocky Mountains, I doubt Denver would have four sports teams.

Denver and Phoenix are the only two cities similar in size to STL with teams in all four major sports (football, baseball, hockey, basketball). The only other cities as large as St. Louis which have three major sports teams are Cleveland and Pittsburgh. I'd be willing to bet that Denver and Phoenix's tourist industries fuel a lot of their sports teams. Not to mention, Phoenix and Denver are situated near several other cities...Tucson, Colorado Springs, etc.

There's also much less geographic competition and proximity in those places vs Stl.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/st-lo...#ixzz2HWkwZJGt
    It's definitely a risky move, I hope someone comes along and takes it

vCash
    @Brent: Ah gotcha. The league really shouldn't be expanding, it should be contracted imo.

Teams i'd consider contracting:
    1. Milwaukee Bucks
    2. Cleveland Cavaliers
    3. Charlotte Bobcats
    4. Washington Wizards
    5. New Orleans Hornets
    6. Sacramento Kings

any 2 of those 6 teams, with realignment for the East/Western Conferences. Of the 28 teams, 12 make the playoffs. The #1, #2 seeds overall in each conference get a bye in the first round. Each round is 7 games (2/2/1/1/1 format).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    That's why I said not that it'd matter... I just want a team in KC or STL so I could actually see a Bulls game easier/closer, without having to take a vacation and plan in advance. An Eastern Conference team would probably be best if I had a choice
    I agree although I'd become a fan of the local team and still remain a Bulls fan... An after school high school game was the closest I seen to a professional game, at least they went on to be state champions that year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    @Brent: Ah gotcha. The league really shouldn't be expanding, it should be contracted imo.

Teams i'd consider contracting:
    1. Milwaukee Bucks
    2. Cleveland Cavaliers
    3. Charlotte Bobcats
    4. Washington Wizards
    5. New Orleans Hornets
    6. Sacramento Kings

any 2 of those 6 teams, with realignment for the East/Western Conferences. Of the 28 teams, 12 make the playoffs. The #1, #2 seeds overall in each conference get a bye in the first round. Each round is 7 games (2/2/1/1/1 format).
    washington is too big a met area to not have a team,cle is def enough to have a team to.(sac to,but they have owners determined to drive away fanbase and move)

i dont agree with contraction,just relocation for the others.30 is a good number for a league.
    Last edited by abe_froman; 01-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Yeah, Jazz works better with NO. Utah should be the Lakers... then make LA the Divas.

And ****ing get St. Louis a team already.
    Utah should be the Lakers, but no way in hell is LA letting that name go. Like ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    washington is too big a met area to not have a team,cle is def enough to have a team to.(sac to,but they have owners determined to drive away fanbase and move)

i dont agree with contraction,just relocation for the others.30 is a good number for a league.
    Just because a city is large enough to have a team doesn't mean every city that's large enough has to have a team. The league is slightly watered down, and removing 24-30 players that don't deserve to be on NBA rosters would be good for the league imo. Also, 16 teams making the playoffs is ridiculous. Making the playoffs should actually be difficult to do (like in football and baseball).

vCash
    Don't break something that works shammy.

vCash
    could've said the exact same thing when the league continued expanding

i can't imagine anyone liking to see teams like Charlotte last year (7-59), Washington this year (5-28), etc.

vCash
    ***** and giggles, shammy poo

vCash
    Just because a city is large enough to have a team doesn't mean every city that's large enough has to have a team. The league is slightly watered down, and removing 24-30 players that don't deserve to be on NBA rosters would be good for the league imo. Also, 16 teams making the playoffs is ridiculous. Making the playoffs should actually be difficult to do (like in football and baseball).
    slight watering down,its enough of a justification to call for the shut down of entire franchises,and the loss of all that revenue.something like that is temporary and based on one's perception.eliminating teams has a permanency to it.

true that 16 teams making the playoffs is ridiculous,but why not just call for less playoff teams? (again,wont happen because of loss of revenue)

vCash
    I just think the league would function better with 28 teams there are so many crappy players it sickens me sometimes

vCash
    I just think the league would function better with 28 teams there are so many crappy players it sickens me sometimes
    I dont know why but I lol'd.

vCash
    idk why either

vCash
    because you don't hear it often

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast